Mafia TBT Mafia IV: Red Revolution [Game Over/Mafia Win]

Your hostility seems to be distracting to me. You got a suspicion? Say it, give your reasoning, and move on. Questioning? Yes. But talking in such a manner? No. I'm not even going to try arguing with you, like the others.

I just have a question. Why are your posts only about attacking the running? There are other things aside from the campaign.

I just have a question. Why are your posts only about attacking the running? There are other things aside from the campaign.

Did you quote the wrong person or something? Cause FireNinja has only been pushing for Mary being mafia.

The big problem for SP, if he ends up town, is that he is going to be a big target for the mafia if he doesn't get the night protection, obviously. From how much he has posted, the mafia can tell he is a strong player and will tear down anything they post. Obviously, this will scare the mafia away and they will want him dead. If he doesn't get the role, and he is town, it's near guaranteed he will get killed one of the first nights.
The problem is he's actively going around begging for a target. We all know he's a strong player, but jumping down everyone who questions him or says they're voting for the opposing candidate. He's really pushing us away from posting here like he wants, pushing us back to a deeper PM game.
It's not like he has much of a choice. All of you idiots are running around yelling "OMG SUPERPENGUIN SO AGGRESSIVE", so he's obviously going to try to defend himself. Maybe if you'd all stop being accusatory of how he words his posts, it would calm down a bit.
Then Superpenguin really needs to find another way to appeal to us. Channeling his inner Gordon Ramsay is clearly not working, it's not getting anyone on his side, and some of us are getting sick it. Why should we post here when we risk getting torn a new one for the most trivial things.
This is pretty hypocritical as you are picking at everything he is doing at this point too.
And he's not picking apart everything someone posts against him?
Then, again, stop calling him hostile.
Then SP needs to change his tone. He's only going to be continued to be called hostile unless he shapes up.

I'm switching my vote to Superpenguin. I think you're all being idiots.

Trundle you're a smart player and so is SuperPenguin, but in his quest to become mayor he's coming off as overly rude and to some, desperate. Within the past day he's been nothing rude and berating to the other players, coming off as very anti-town. We'd all like nothing more than to work with SP, not against him, but if his attitude does not improve I really think we should consider him for the day one lynch.

Okay, you know what? Let's just move past this whole me being aggressive thing. I had good intentions, but I guess I am achieving them through the wrong way. That being said, I'd like to move discussion onto the Day One Lynch, and I'd like to throw FireNinja's name up for it.

FireNinja has been fairly inactive lately and his only posts have not greatly contributed to the discussion at hand.

In Game I, we all found out she was a mafia. Her current playstyle seems to hint Mafia, as she didn't do anything but uselessly roleclaim Townie. Does she also know that rolechecks = alignment? Which may also mean she is the Godfather? Her tone seems to be unchanged from I, at least that's how I look at it.

I'm really looking at the boldfaced here, because this seems familiar:

Just another piece of evidence.

FireNinja is the only one truly pushing for Mary being mafia. The rest of us have sort of concluded that Mary is just a first-time Townie, but FireNinja is persistent in believing she is more scummy than that.

His second quote I already noted he had failed in his logic. As even though Mary was mafia in Game I, her statement of not working with Justin still rang true. She worded her suspicious roleclaim as Townie the same way as her statement in Game I, so it seems very possible that her roleclaim is the truth.

So I decided to start questioning FireNinja:
Superpenguin said:
There is actually a big flaw in your logic here. In that post Mary made about plotting with Justin then proceeding to tell people to believe her if they wish, she NEVER actually was plotting with Justin. She was telling the truth. Yes, she was mafia, but that statement was still the truth. So then it's very possible her roleclaim as Townie is also the truth.

Your only two posts have been pushing for the fact that Mary is mafia. Why is that? Why aren't you also contributing to the election phase?

Seeing as how FireNinja was not coming back into the thread on his own to answer, I saw it as necessary to PM him. That caused him to come in and view the thread only to leave and come back to post later which was during the time Hikari and BlueLeaf were attacking me for being hostile. This gave FireNinja the perfect excuse to back out of answering my questions by using what was currently happening in the thread to his advantage.

Your hostility seems to be distracting to me. You got a suspicion? Say it, give your reasoning, and move on. Questioning? Yes. But talking in such a manner? No. I'm not even going to try arguing with you, like the others.

I'm gonna vote for SO because the two times that he was big he shot mafia. I.E. he can identify mafia. This is a good quality in a mayor. The fact that he is developing a non annoyance lynch with good reason is one reason that I'm voting for SO. Granted, he is aggressive but he appears to want people to defend themselves and give reasons

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sp not so

I'll gladly move onto this topic, but I can't say I have much of an opinion on Fireninja. Mary I've written off as a townie, but Fireninja is pushing her lynch kinda hard.

So basically, you held back. You didn't decide to fight for the position even though you were actually well suited for it. You didn't even make an attempt to be heard during the election phase. Once your post was ignored, you just stopped caring for the elected role.
I didn't hold back what I said, I held back on pushing to become an elected role. At that time it was quite obvious that Karla and Trundle would make a good pair as Mayor and Sheriff. They already saw one another as a good fit to work with, and the town saw it as well.

Keeping in mind this quote is from your campaign post from last game, you didn't even fulfill your promises. You literally were seeking guidance in the Day One lynch, not contributing any names or suspicions at all.
I admit, I didn't. Everything I had to say or everything I noticed, Karla had already mentioned. I had nothing else to do but sit back and agree with what he was saying. What I was actually hoping for was for the Mayor to stand up and list off his suspicions because I referred back to Mafia II where all the suspicions came pouring in and all Justin has to do was agree to the lynch.

But you keeping your final decision to your own can be very harmful. Why do you choose to keep that final decision to yourself and not tell anyone. Is that how you'll handle the Day One lynch, hearing people's opinions, but keep your final decision to yourself until it's time to lynch?
Of course that's not how I will go about doing that. Keeping my final decisions my own simply means I need to stay true to the evidence provided and not let others manipulate my vote. Not all evidence or suspicions I may bring out will be set in stone, I will hear people out and if they have valid points on why a certain person should be considered for a lynch.

You seem very persistent in having a large portion of this game being played through PMs, but seriously, confronting people through PMs? That's just a big N-O. It's much easier for a person to persuade a single person than an entire group. By confronting a person personally through a PM instead of in the thread for everyone to see, you could potentially alienate the entire town from helping with making decisions.
No, I don't plan on playing a large portion of the game through PMs. Confronting people with odd behavior, I don't see why not. Little PM exchanges like that will probably happen throughout the game. For example me contacting Dolby in Mafia III about his bus driver user title letting him know that whether if he was the Bus Driver or the Mad Hatter to work with the Mayor or Sheriff (since this was late in the game with a missing Mad Hatter, there was no reason to hide). Which he told me he was working with the Sheriff. PMs should not take over the game, but sometimes it's just a relief to get some concerns confirmed and out of the way.

You literally just contradicted yourself here. You want to avoid a hit or miss lynch, yet you're surrendering yourself to the fact that the first day will have to end up being hit or miss. So which opinion is actually your true one?
I'm not sure how that followed up in my Mafia III speech with the hit and miss. I wanted it to mean later on in the game. Not be into Day 3 or Day 4 and go ... "Well, this person hasn't been doing much, let's lynch then and find out." At that state in the game, idealy, I'd like the Cheka Commissar(s) to take care of lurkers/non contriubters/distractions.

How will you have enough time to train members while managing your time as mayor while still contributing to discussion both in the thread and through PMs? Though, this actually seems like a better version of Tina's PM policy. Keep in mind guys, this quote is from Game III.
I don't think time will be an issue. The problem I see at the moment is my lack of energy and motivation. It's something I eventually get over, but I do have Thursday and Friday off from work so I'll have plenty of time to recover and dedicate to the game.
If people are accusing of other players of being scum due to their spam levels, the inactivity- because they don't know what to say or how to defend themselves, or they're unknowingly putting themselves in the spotlight I just want them to have the option of contacting me to fall back on. Tell them how they can approach things differently, word things differently, point out irrelevant information, and give them a second opinion/view on their posts. It seems like a good way to mold a strong player even stronger and helping grow the town stronger.

Why were you fortunate to be a part of this PM circle? Was it because you struggled to make decisions on your own?
How were you ultimately convinced Kuma was the Detective and why did you believe who told you? You say you didn't have trust in Trundle, so apparently you seem to have had more trust in Karla. Why is that? Neither really did anything notable during the game to really gain your trust. If anything you should've trusted Trundle MORE THAN Karla. Trundle was actually rolechecked by a detective(Kuma) whereas Karla wasn't.
No, because I never understood why PM circles were such a big deal or the point of having one/being a part of one. Shortly after I posted my case against Kuma, Karla told me a few times that be believed in Kuma's innocence and when Kuma and I were talking together we talked about it and I was convinced. There weren't many players left, this was also when the whole Tina plot unraveled with the detective(s) roleblocking and whatnot. I believed in Karla since the start, and he lead the town extremely well, where as Trundle did not. I wasn't even PMing Karla until Day 3? 4? I was never aware of Kuma rolechecking Trundle, I must have missed that. Day 4 also made it a given that Karla was the Vengeful Vigilante (having to shoot the bodyguard, Chris, who voted to lynch an innocent and was lurking).
This is when I started bouncing case ideas off of Karla. Your name was one of the first we bounced off of due to the whole Dolby claiming bus driver and you somewhat defending him. I told him some odd activities and how you were suspicious and he supported it and made me feel like it was a case worth digging into. Which of course it was. We bounced your name back and forth in case one of us were to die. We also bounced around Hikari's name, Oath's name, Horus' name, and Lynn's name because at that point with eliminating the rest of the players we really did not know where these players stood in the game.

Okay, so why don't you actually tell us how you plan on avoiding a scenario like this?
Here you seem to be implying you'll be determining lynches through PMs and then coming to inform the Town why that lynch will be taking place.
When Trundle was elected Mayor he was absent in most of time during the decision making and he spend his hour, I think it was, talking to people on IRC and/or Mumble. When Justin pressured him to throw out a case he made one against River and minutes before voting closed he throws in Fox's name instead. I felt pretty out of the loop and wasn't sure why his name got thrown in there until after he was lynched.
I'm not implying that I'll be determining lynches through PMs. As you can see that paragraph was for the first day's lynch that I'll be talking it through IRC/Mumble to bounce around suspicions, lurkers, assets, gambles, etc. While building cases on the thread to make it clear why this person is drawing suspicions and would be a candidate to consider for Day one's lynch.

A big question I want answered by you and basically everyone else is with the majority lynch in place this game, will you give the victim enough time to defend themself by not letting the votes rack up too quickly?
Of course I'd give a chance for that accuse to defend themselves.
I tend to vote closer to the deadline. I purposely do that to take every opinion into consideration. Whether it is new evidence, odd behavior, or someone defending another player with good reasoning. I will most likely stick to my usual voting behavior no. Unless I, along with the rest of the town, has absolutely no doubt that this person is scum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I can't be as active as you are at the moment. Been focusing on my Admin promotion at work, but tomorrow is my final day of training so expect more from me tomorrow night, Thursday, Friday. Goodnight.

I guess I read it wrong, okay, sorry.

This is the third game she's playing and she has played on both sides already. If she hasn't shown ability to get discussion going yet, I don't see it happening.

As mafia I did a lot of discussion outside of the thread because that's what benefitted me most. We were both mafia so of course you didn't see this. I was in PMs, IRC and Mumble contacting people directly and loving the fact the overall passiveness of the town was bothering Karla.

In mini mafia I contacted many people through PM and IRC. I tried to get people talking publicly about Karla's plan after BBG but people hesitated. By this point some people were already suspicious of me. I'd already given a hint to my role in the post, so I couldn't push the matter without giving myself away. My post didn't prompt public discussion but I did get two people messaging me in IRC to discuss it. One happened to be mafia.

I've done a lot of communication in private and even though it's useful it means limited POVs, hence my determination to make as much as possible public this game.

If there was anything else I should reply to, I'll address that and my inbox in around 8 hours. I also want to review a private convo I had last night before giving my comments on the lynch. Ciao.

and so is SuperPenguin, but in his quest to become mayor he's coming off as overly rude and to some, desperate. Within the past day he's been nothing rude and berating to the other players, coming off as very anti-town. We'd all like nothing more than to work with SP, not against him, but if his attitude does not improve I really think we should consider him for the day one lynch.

I agree 100% with this.

He's pretty much screwed himself over regardless. If he's town the mafia are going to want to kill him because he can be a good asset to the town. And he's already made a bad impression with most of us now, so he isn't going to be trusted much. Unless he can somehow change his attitude, which I honestly don't see happening.

I think that Tina or SuperPenguin would be great mayors—but I'm leaning to SP more. His "hostility" and his breaking-up-phrases-into-paragraphs prompts much-needed discussion. Honestly, I think that the scums are just trying to avoid voting for SuperPenguin because of his "aggressive" playstyle and their not wanting to slip-up in front of Town. Don't really have much to say for now, but I'll probably contribute more once the Internet at my home stabilizes.

Also, where are you, Oath2Order?

I have so much reading to do, ok well I haven't posted because of how much reading there is and i needed to set sometime aside to read it. I seem to be pretty ill right now and also have work so I have the day off tomorrow, i will read through when I come home tonight.

When I mentioned I was thinking of leaving due to being ill and not having time, I was alerted on the fact I had been called out on various occasions so I wanted to stay in the game and clear this matter up before I progressed reading through, from what I have found, the first post was by Trundle, who I believe knew I was ill from skype conversations and as for ITookYourWaffles, only a few posts down from trundle, I feel you only posted that to try and shed some light on me from not posting. Please tell me the need to say that when Trundle had posted it nearly 2 hours prior to her post.

My apologise for not posting I will have a good read tonight.

Also, I just wanted to point out that Lauren has not yet posted this game except before it started. It'd be nice to hear from her.

Haven't seen Lauren and Pally post. I would like to hear from them about opinions and stuff. *I have no time to post gtg2skool*

Voting for Tina

She played well as a mafia and she gives good evidence, well good for her she played well unlike me huehue.

SP played well also Trundle and ily but I have to think twice before voting.

Final vote - Tina

So, it's eight hours later! Or not. I was meant to be out of the house 8am-9pm today (with the exception of about an hour between 5-6pm) but I feel like hell so I went back to sleep for a bit. On that note:

When the heck did I say that? Townspeople are capable of starting discussions, but not guaranteed 100% safety. As for your first sentence: Yet. She hasn't actually proven she is able to get discussion into this game yet. She could be busy with real life, or something.

This is correct. The game started at 11pm GMT on Monday. Tuesday-Thursday my schedule is hectic; Friday-Monday I'm at home. Even so, despite this I posted before 7am both yesterday and today! In my head I'm calling these "Trundle posts": half-asleep posts made before I'm even out of bed. ;)

Tom said:
Trundle you're a smart player and so is SuperPenguin, but in his quest to become mayor he's coming off as overly rude and to some, desperate. Within the past day he's been nothing rude and berating to the other players, coming off as very anti-town. We'd all like nothing more than to work with SP, not against him, but if his attitude does not improve I really think we should consider him for the day one lynch.

Superpenguin said:
Okay, you know what? Let's just move past this whole me being aggressive thing. I had good intentions, but I guess I am achieving them through the wrong way. That being said, I'd like to move discussion onto the Day One Lynch, and I'd like to throw FireNinja's name up for it.

I find it somewhat unnerving that Superpenguin dropped the argument so quickly after Tom suggested him for the Day 1 lynch. However, he could just have been getting annoyed with it. Opinions, folks?

I'll admit, I've had mixed feelings over SP, but as I told FireNinja1 last night I want to work with him regardless of the outcome of this election.

FireNinja1 and I were chatting around 10pm GMT last night in the IRC, so it was around six hours before SP brought him up as a possible lynch candidate (4am GMT). Like SP, I also encouraged FireNinja1 to post:

IRC: #belltree said:
[22:13:43] <Tinaa> You've only made a couple of posts, right?
[22:13:54] <FireNinja1> Not too many.
[22:14:27] <FireNinja1> I've posted some evidence against Mary, but other than that, I don't think I've really done anything.
[22:14:34] <Tinaa> You're right. Speak more!
[22:14:56] <Tinaa> I want to hear what everyone has to say.
[22:15:05] <FireNinja1> Aye Aye Captain!

Even though he agreed at 10:15pm to post he still didn't make one until almost 3am GMT. I would like to hear from him if there is a reason why he didn't post until later. He seemed eager to chat last night: he asked me my opinion on the other candidates and he also asked who I thought was innocent so far. It did strike a chord when he asked who I had cleared as innocent. Or, to use his exact phrasing:

IRC: #belltree said:
[22:10:14] <FireNinja1> Who would you consider as confirmed innocent?

Why would you ask someone this on the first day? I recall I asked Karla this in Mumble when I was scum in Game III. I wanted to know who Karla trusted so I could plot the scum team's actions around that: it gave me a hint as to who the town would be reluctant to lynch and whether or not it was worth the mafia taking them out.

I would like to hear from FireNinja1 his opinions on:

• the mayoral candidates
  • what Superpenguin has brought up here
  • what I have just said

Also, in case anyone is wondering, I answered his question about who I thought was innocent with "no one".

Also, for anyone who has yet to tell us their thoughts about the election campaign or the first day lynch: please speak up today. Failure to deliver even one useful post today (if you haven't already made a contribution or if you haven't given a reason for inactivity) will be interpreted as "you've something to hide". This not only makes you suspicious to town; but it also tells the mafia that you're possibly blue.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Voting for Tina

She played well as a mafia and she gives good evidence, well good for her she played well unlike me huehue.

SP played well also Trundle and ily but I have to think twice before voting.

Final vote - Tina

Is this acknowledgement that I played pro-town even when I was mafia?

I have so much reading to do, ok well I haven't posted because of how much reading there is and i needed to set sometime aside to read it. I seem to be pretty ill right now and also have work so I have the day off tomorrow, i will read through when I come home tonight.

When I mentioned I was thinking of leaving due to being ill and not having time, I was alerted on the fact I had been called out on various occasions so I wanted to stay in the game and clear this matter up before I progressed reading through, from what I have found, the first post was by Trundle, who I believe knew I was ill from skype conversations and as for ITookYourWaffles, only a few posts down from trundle, I feel you only posted that to try and shed some light on me from not posting. Please tell me the need to say that when Trundle had posted it nearly 2 hours prior to her post.

My apologies for not posting I will have a good read tonight.

I was afk that time doing my research and etc and just noticed that Trundle said it. and I skip some post

Well already post my reason I won't be active which means expect that I won't post a lot like I did in Mini Mafia. I can show you my exam schedule so you guys won't think I'm making up excuses and ****
Had a problems with projects and quizzes and I have to catch up so expect for low quality post
Sched_zps9d7dde09.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

So much typos
*She played well as a mafia in mafia III
*she gives good evidence in MaFia III and Mini Mafia.

I find it somewhat unnerving that Superpenguin dropped the argument so quickly after Tom suggested him for the Day 1 lynch. However, he could just have been getting annoyed with it. Opinions, folks?

I had already been bouncing off names for lynch with other people before Tom had posted. Tbh, I didn't really even feel threatened by Tom suggesting my name for lynch. That's one person's opinion and since I have votes for mayor, I don't see that opinion being shared by others. Whether that post was there or not, I would've still moved discussion onto the lynch and suggest FireNinja for it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Plus, I changed my vote to Laurina. I did this because she seems like a better Tina in a way. Same promises if not better ones except she has promised these same things when she ran for mayor in Game III. She has acknowledged who own weaknesses and does not show any hesitation when it comes to answering questions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

her* not who

I voted for Tina because while I do feel that SP could make a good mayor, I also feel hostility isn't the best way to go with this. As for the Mary thing, I felt that the earlygame roleclaim was a bit fishy, because it makes her blend in more to me.

SP, the hostility thing: I feel that this will not accomplish anything because some may crack under pressure and say the wrong thing. Then they'll be essentially trying to get themselves out of a hole they cannot get out of. Tina, I will get to your point later, as I have to leave for school.

I voted for Tina because while I do feel that SP could make a good mayor, I also feel hostility isn't the best way to go with this. As for the Mary thing, I felt that the earlygame roleclaim was a bit fishy, because it makes her blend in more to me.

SP, the hostility thing: I feel that this will not accomplish anything because some may crack under pressure and say the wrong thing. Then they'll be essentially trying to get themselves out of a hole they cannot get out of. Tina, I will get to your point later, as I have to leave for school.

About RC and stuff? well for me shes just ok-ish but shes ok than 3DSFAN #sorrynotsorry the only thing she did a mistake was roleclaim early and something about Jubs part:

This may be disregarded, that is fine. You may not believe me. That is also fine.

I'm going to say this anyway.

I am not, in any way, whatsoever, plotting anything with Justin.

Believe me if you wish! :)

I think shes is afraid getting lynch early and doesn't know what to say. That doesn't mean that her action is like that we have to lynch her on day 1, well yeah she distract the town. (No offense dude hope you won't get offended) Which reminds me shes kinda quiet when we talk about Mary how she act and stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

^ Uhhh... do you understand this or no?

With 4 hours to go, votes are required from:

iLoveYou, LaurinaMN, pallycake, Tina and beary509

Back