Mafia TBT Mafia III: The Murder Before Christmas [Game Over/Town Win]

I really enjoyed Karla's post and I feel like he posted many things that I personally would never be able to amount to. Great post!
I'm not accusing anyone this early but I think some people forget we're already in game. The mafia could be quite smart and smooth talking this early. Even people's reactions to Karla's initial post could be scum oriented. Don't trust any posts. If someone brings up a good point, it doesn't mean they're town. Early game, as we've seen before, is the best time to gain others trust. That didn't land us anywhere last game.
Next, I would like to run for mayor. I feel like I had decent enough performance last game to run for a higher position. Not only did I have the only analysis mafia kill last game, but I also learned from my last games mistakes. For example, I know now that I shouldn't have trusted Kayla immediately, and I should've known something was up when Superpenguin and I weren't killed.I feel that I would perform well alongside Karla this game, but it's obviously quite early for decisiveness right now, so I'll be on again later to see what's up!

My response in red

Oh, and a question for Karla:

If people do try to start a PM Circle last game, how would you handle it?
I fully encourage it. PMs are very powerful tools that should be used. Mafia use this thread as information as well. If we can limit the amount of information they glean from it, they lose a significant asset in their own planning.

What is dangerous is having one big town circle. Rather, there should be many small circles going on, with minimal overlap to minimise the risk of infiltration. Having several independent groups doing analysis prevents one-track town behaviour and the resulting bandwagons.

PMs are very useful, in combination with the thread, for pushing one agenda to mislead the scum, whilst pulling the strings and manoeuvring unsuspecting scum into the lynch. This is part of what I was talking about in my point about keeping town on a need to know basis.

I really enjoyed Karla's post and I feel like he posted many things that I personally would never be able to amount to. Great post!
I'm not accusing anyone this early but I think some people forget we're already in game. The mafia could be quite smart and smooth talking this early. Even people's reactions to Karla's initial post could be scum oriented. Don't trust any posts. If someone brings up a good point, it doesn't mean they're town. Early game, as we've seen before, is the best time to gain others trust. That didn't land us anywhere last game.
Next, I would like to run for mayor. I feel like I had decent enough performance last game to run for a higher position. Not only did I have the only analysis mafia kill last game, but I also learned from my last games mistakes. For example, I know now that I shouldn't have trusted Kayla immediately, and I should've known something was up when Superpenguin and I weren't killed.I feel that I would perform well alongside Karla this game, but it's obviously quite early for decisiveness right now, so I'll be on again later to see what's up!
The bold paragraph is what happened with Kayla and Justin last game. We all put our trust in them because of their big speeches, and didn't pay attention to anything else. We need to make sure this doesn't happen again. New players, take note of this. This is a main part of the game.

I am just doing this as a placeholder vote. I WILL CHANGE MY VOTE IF I FIND IT NECESSARY, OR EVIDENCE PROVIDES A BETTER CANDIDATE FOR THE MAFIA!

##VOTE: Kippla

Sorry...

Did she just say... The best canidate for the Mafia? Is she refering to the game or the group?

Trundle and Karla. Somehow, those two make a good pair in the mayoral roles. Of course, Don't trust everything you read. These two could very well be Mafia, but anyone could be Mafia. I don't suggest role claiming to any of the elected roles, or anyone to that matter. I'm not saying that you shouldn't PM, but you should be careful of what you put in them. Questions for the running:

1. How will you handle role-claiming? Specifically, how will you tell if they're lying or not, other than seeing an unlikely number of roleclaims (By this, I mean three people role claiming as a bodyguard)?

2. How exactly will you analyze things? Do you read the posts, look at voting patterns, their behavior, etc.

3. This ties in to Number 2. How will you decide who to lynch?

I would quote KarlaKGB but uh, I won't for fairly obvious reasons. (how long did that take omg)

TO KARLAKGB:
Extremely good plan omg. But I guess I have a couple questions comments:
What role would you ideally like, Mayor or the Sheriff?
Is there anything more to elaborate on the good town atmosphere you want to deliver? (I realise what you said about the contributions but I'm just wondering if there's anything you'd personally like to note on delivering it)
And as a general question, how would you go about talking with the other elected role, just via PMs or another method?

But on the whole your post is AMAZING. KarlaKGB seems to be an extremely good candidate for an elected role, however there is the matter of working out votes depending on which one he would prefer etc, voting for the other role, or even just ruling him out, but he seems to have made an extremely good start. As well as the matter, if he is Mafia we are screwed lol.

I suggest we take a look at some other things.

Will Karla be able to hold up and do everything he says he will? Kayla did that, but she never did what she promised. Kayla was Mafia, but still.

Is Karla really on our side? Should we trust the former host to be our non-scum Mayor or Sheriff?

Indeed... At this moment, I feel like Karla is a bad idea to elect, simply just because if he's actually scum we're probably gonna get screwed. Does he need to be Mayor or Sheriff to assist the town with his deep analysis posts? No. He's contributed that entire post regardless.
I want to be elected because I don't want to die. As much as I'd like to, there's no way I can bag the entire scum team off of the first Day and Night alone.

Most of his post was about how he'll try to organize the blue roles and try and take down the Mafia while protecting the Town. Does he say much about how he's going to use himself in the special position? Not really. Anyone can analyze posts and look beyond the words, so that doesn't really contribute considering we can all do that.
Actually if you read my post, I lay out exactly what I will do with my Mayoral/Sheriff powers. Yes, anyone can analyse posts, and I goddamn want people to do that. Including you.

I'm unsure about Karla being Mayor this game, since it could result in a repeat of last game.
Perfectly understandable concerns, and that is exactly what I addressed in my post. If you elect other players, would you be able to trust them more?

(Response in red)
Trundle and Karla. Somehow, those two make a good pair in the mayoral roles. Of course, Don't trust everything you read. These two could very well be Mafia, but anyone could be Mafia. I don't suggest role claiming to any of the elected roles, or anyone to that matter. I'm not saying that you shouldn't PM, but you should be careful of what you put in them. Questions for the running:

You are repeating everything I've already said in my post.

1. How will you handle role-claiming? Specifically, how will you tell if they're lying or not, other than seeing an unlikely number of roleclaims (By this, I mean three people role claiming as a bodyguard)?
I would have to ask myself why they're roleclaiming in the first place. What motivation do they have to do so. What are they trying to achieve with that claim. I will make this clear though, I have no tolerance for liars. Lying rarely ever benefits the town, and when it does, it benefits Mafia much more.

2. How exactly will you analyze things? Do you read the posts, look at voting patterns, their behavior, etc.
I will look at posts, how they are voting, their posting in previous games (of limited use as this is only game 3). I look for obvious Mafia motivations, contradictions, wishywashiness, appearing to contribute but actually not.

3. This ties in to Number 2. How will you decide who to lynch?
On the first day? I will lynch the most suspicious player in the eyes of the town.

Vote Pally 4 mayor because I'm cooler than Karla!

Last edited:
Being elected because you don't want to die isn't a very good reason for wanting to be Mayor. If you can hold up your promises, you will be a good Mayor. But don't just be the Mayor for the protection, be it because you know you can help the Town.

Sorry, I must've missed it in the wall of text. But still, Karla, are you absolutely certain you will be able to hold up your promises? If you can, then it is easier to trust you.

TO KARLAKGB:
Extremely good plan omg. But I guess I have a couple questions comments:
What role would you ideally like, Mayor or the Sheriff?
Is there anything more to elaborate on the good town atmosphere you want to deliver? (I realise what you said about the contributions but I'm just wondering if there's anything you'd personally like to note on delivering it)
And as a general question, how would you go about talking with the other elected role, just via PMs or another method?
I would actually like to be Sheriff, because it is more action heavy. Incarcerations can be a very powerful tool if used correctly.

I can't deliver a good town atmosphere on my own. It's about getting people posting, and posting constructively. If town are doing that, then Mafia will need to do the same. And then what do they do? Do they make an honest effort to contribute (damaging their own prospects), or do they make it look like they're doing something? It's about creating a direction for town, because then Mafia cannot just sit back and watch, they will need to actively try to sabotage it.

I will PM the other elected role. I will straight up say right now that I will be PMing many players this game. Why? To probe them for information. You can get a lot done through PMs. That doesn't mean I trust them. I'm getting into bed with them, not committing to a long term relationship.

---

I'm pretty disappointed with the posting so far. The majority of the posts have been simply rephrasing what I wrote in my campaign post. Other posts repeat the idea that I could be Mafia. Nobody has discussed my post beyond my campaign. What about my plan for the blue roles? What about other plans?

I take a dim view on players that only pick holes without adding anything themselves.

There's not much to discuss about the blue role plans because you gave all the info for the blue roles and want you'll be doing with them. I can ask, though, If you are elected Mayor, will you immediately put these plans into action or see if the Town has any opinions?

Being elected because you don't want to die isn't a very good reason for wanting to be Mayor. If you can hold up your promises, you will be a good Mayor. But don't just be the Mayor for the protection, be it because you know you can help the Town.

Sorry, I must've missed it in the wall of text. But still, Karla, are you absolutely certain you will be able to hold up your promises? If you can, then it is easier to trust you.

If I'm dead, I'm no good to town. Of course I can hold up my promises, they are very easy ones.

Work with town? Check.
Be transparent in my actions? Check.
Encourage and foster town discussion and planning? Check.

Why can I make these promises? Because I am TOWN

WOOO THE GHOST OF LAUREN IS HERE...WOOOOO

Karla is scumm.. WOOOO *goes back to the woods*

Back