Mafia TBT Mafia III: The Murder Before Christmas [Game Over/Town Win]

So I'm confused, I'm in the Uk and it's Thursday for me right now. Does it start on Friday? Or today? Oh and I got my role! Excited for when it starts!

33 pages and the game hasn't started yet... Wow you guys are excited :p

If you didn't get a PM with your role in it please PM me or Tom. Everyone should have gotten it by now so if you didn't then let us know.

So just some helpful advice for any potential blue roles before this game starts... Please be more careful about who you share your role with so easily! One of the main reasons we (mafia) did so well in the previous game is because, well, to be quite frank we played almost all of you. Nearly every single blue role gave themselves away to one of us, or someone who knew gave someone else away to us within the first 2 in-game days. And other blue roles were convinced Kayla was town, doing pretty much anything she said. ( hi Superpenguin :p ) That's why this happened:

Thunder the Paramedic was unable to breathe.

lynn105 the Detective will sleuth no more.

VillageDweller the Paramedic brought nothing to a gunfight.

TheCreeperHugz the Mafia Goon was executed.

If you look in the Mafia Chat on Quicktopic... from the very beginning, Kayla and I were developing a list of every player and their suspected role. Keeping track of every blue claim or green townie claim between all of us. This was extremely helpful in deciding who to kill at night, or who to try to lynch or defend during the day. We kept it updated throughout the entire game.

So to cut it short... If you're blue, be very careful who you claim to! I understand it's fun to share secrets, but it's amazing how fast information spread privately in the last game. I witnessed role claims jump between multiple people like a game of telephone, eventually landing in the hands of usually Kayla, Lauren, or myself.

Also, I have to say, the comments about myself being a terrible mayor were pretty funny to read. :p Because it actually meant I was doing my job perfectly as Mafia Mayor. :D

I also learned from the last game that we should speak up once you find the right time to do so. I was highly suspicious of Lauren because of her claims that ITYW was Mafia, ignoring the fact that lynn said she was suspicious, and her persistence on telling everybody to lynch ITYW (heck, i even considered telling Waffles to kill her at the night she killed Foxwolf64 but then it would probably raise suspicion according to her). Also the death of the blue roles except the vigs and bodyguards should've been a HUGE RED flag that one of our leaders is mafia (turned out to be both but oh well =P ). I didnt say anything because one of my goals was to survive till the end, and since that was achieved, I can try to contribute in this game without much worries.

That last day of the Mafia II modkill was terrible though. If that didn't happen we probably would've been able to lynch Justin the next day and iLoveYou the day after (unless the townies go dumb or something). Their defenses for Justin in the last day weren't too phenomenal either =P

Last edited:
And, again before it starts, let me help all my townie bros out again..
To be a good townie, you really just need to shut up (yes I'm talking about Kippla (yes almost directly))
If you find out something out of the ordinary that no one else has brought up that could potentially lead to have someone being mafia other than the already obvious "o he's inactive- o he's lurking", go ahead and post. Otherwise, shut the frig up. Your job is a town is to figure things out, and we can't do that if you're spam posting ******** things and getting in the way. beary last game completely hindered the town and is a big reason of why we lost.
Basically, shut up, Kippla and beary509, and kinda shut up Foxwolf. You all post too much and try to stick with the minimum post count for goodness sakes.
TL;DR shut up

To be a good townie, you really just need to shut up (yes I'm talking about Kippla (yes almost directly))
If you find out something out of the ordinary that no one else has brought up that could potentially lead to have someone being mafia other than the already obvious "o he's inactive- o he's lurking", go ahead and post. Otherwise, shut the frig up. Your job is a town is to figure things out, and we can't do that if you're spam posting ******** things and getting in the way. beary last game completely hindered the town and is a big reason of why we lost.
Basically, shut up, Kippla and beary509, and kinda shut up Foxwolf. You all post too much and try to stick with the minimum post count for goodness sakes.
TL;DR shut up

Exactly this. By clogging up the thread of garbage, you drown out the important and valuable post. That drives people to PMs as they try to avoid the s**tfest thread. PMs are all well and good, but transparency is key when you are the uninformed majority trying to rally together.

TL;DR shut up

Beautiful speech, Mr. Trundle. I agree with this so much. We ended up lynching townies last game because they were "lurking" and "inactive". I did suggest we look further in the future, and we did. Although we did not succeed, I highly suggest this concept to prevent us from lynching innocents.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also…this is only pre-game, once we get serious, we shut up.

TL;DR shut up
I agree all the way. Kippla already has more than 30 posts which is kind of scary for pre-game. Please don't be offended, I was told to shut up in the second game by Trundle and that was just helpful in the long run.
EDIT: Make that 48 posts.

Last edited:
It is surprising that she posted A LOT.

EDIT: Okay I will stop.

Last edited:
I already gave some advice, but I guess I can also give some advice on behavior and posts, like Trundle did for the new players. Most of my rules are things not to do.

1. When posting, do NOT beat around the bush! Not only will the long post be annoying to read, but you might get off-topic and lose what you were trying to convey.
2. Do NOT be hyperactive to the point where you have 100 posts on the First Day. That is stupidly ridiculous, and this rule is especially for you townies and/or talkative people.
3. Do NOT be inactive to the point where you have a good amount of posts, but they're utter crap, and no one wants to read through them. This rule was broken last game by Beary, and you guys saw what happened. If you haven't read through it, you really need to try your best this game or you will die.

I just felt saying all of this to help any players that are confused. Like Trundle said, I don't recommend talking too much Townies. Any helpful Blue Role shouldn't be talking way too much as well. Also, save PMs for important messaging! Last game was a network of these, and it was mostly the reason why people died (role-claim to Mafia). Unless you want the whole game to know your role, you shouldn't use PMs unless in a dire situation or you want to talk to someone you trust. I sent 5 or more PMs to VillageDweller, and VD posted a thought everyone ignored. Sometimes, PMs can be helpful, other times, they're dangerous.

Mafia might suspect them. The blue role could leak some information out, like a detective leaking out someone's role. Not only will Mafia kill the role that got leaked out, but also the Blue role that leaked info.

Back