Mafia TBT Mafia General 2.0 - Setups/Bans/Info/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should try a PM game again, it's been too long

Ok everyone heres my idea for a mafia game....8 people...2 mafia...two sides of town...you can only comunicate and lynch people on ur side of town and in order for town to win the mafia on both sides of town has to be lynched...oh mafia can talk to each othe of course...tho theres one mafia for each side of town

Ok everyone heres my idea for a mafia game....8 people...2 mafia...two sides of town...you can only comunicate and lynch people on ur side of town and in order for town to win the mafia on both sides of town has to be lynched...oh mafia can talk to each othe of course...tho theres one mafia for each side of town

If a mafia lives day 1 lynch then on day 2 one side of town can't do anything, it's a race to who votes first.... the set up doesn't really work. There is more to designing a game than just having an interesting idea

Last edited:

just so you know, there was a user on here that used to create set-ups that were completely unbalanced purely because she liked the flavor she could write for them. don't do that, theres a lot more to balancing a game than just having a unique idea because unbalanced games are never fun for anyone

Last edited:
just so you know, there was a user on here that used to create set-ups that were completely unbalanced purely because she liked the flavor she could write for them. don't do that, theres a lot more to balancing a game than just having a unique idea because unbalanced games are never fun for anyone

How do you balance a game then?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do u balance a game?

I never did see where i posted it the first time so i just assumed it didnt post...

How do you balance a game then?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do u balance a game?

I think of all the possible outcomes of having roles together. Can mafia steamroll town or vice versa. Does it make the experience fun rather than confusing or just bad. Run through examples of lynchings for numbers sake

I've had a couple people ask, so signups for my game are either going up tonight after my exam or tomorrow morning. :)

I've played a 9 player setup with a similar concept called Triplicate Mafia. There are 3 groups (of 3 players each) determined by the mod. 2 groups have 1 mafia (and 2 town) in them, and 1 group has 3 town. Each player only gets to vote for others in their own group, so there will be 3 players lynched on Day 1. If a group cannot reach a consensus, then the mafia chooses (in secret) who is lynched from that group. The mafia may make one kill per Night. Starting on Day 2 people can vote for anybody they want.

Last edited:
I've played a 9 player setup with a similar concept called Triplicate Mafia. There are 3 groups (of 3 players each) determined by the mod. 2 groups have 1 mafia (and 2 town) in them, and 1 group has 3 town. Each player only gets to vote for others in their own group, so there will be 3 players lynched on Day 1. If a group cannot reach a consensus, then the mafia chooses (in secret) who is lynched from that group. The mafia may make one kill per Night. Starting on Day 2 people can vote for anybody they want.

We did a hog warts thing like this... Bianca hosted it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back