Mafia TBT Mafia General 2.0 - Setups/Bans/Info/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You kill someone by PMing the host the name of the player(s) you want to kill, if you are mafia. Players with special abilities are players given roles such as doctor (that allows them to PM the host the name of a player they want to protect) and detective (that allows them to PM the host the name of the player they want to inspect, and the host will PM them back the alignment of said player)

Ah! This seems like fun...

Ah! This seems like fun...

feel free to also read any of the games too... currently a game is playing out: American Politics Mafia. I wouldn't post your questions in the thread as it will disrupt gameplay, but you can read along to get a sense of what we do

Cuphead mafia sign-ups will be up sometime this week, just need to confirm with Arstotzkan that the banners/role PMs are ready :)

Just know that the maximum player count for this game is going to be 18, first come first serve.

Last edited:
Cuphead mafia sign-ups will be up sometime this week, just need to confirm with Arstotzkan that the banners/role PMs are ready :)

Just know that the maximum player count for this game is going to be 18, first come first serve.

WHATT OML YESSSS I'M COMING NOW LOL

I got a few more questions as well:

1) How are roles assigned (Vanilla Townie, Detective, Doctor, and Vigilante)? This includes mafia roles!
2) How do rules differ between mafias?
3) Could we make our own roles/have no roles at all?
4) Who announces who has died...the host?
5) The host isn't on a side, right?

Last edited:
I'll answer your questions but not in that order probably.

The host sets up a mafia game and randomly chooses who is on the mafia team/ who gets the mafia roles and who is in the town/power roles for the town. The host does not play, as they are facilitating the game. They post when a day or night cycle will begin and when it ends. At the end of day cycles a person with majority votes gets lynched, and is removed from the game and their role is revealed. During a night cycle, the mafia kills and any town power roles act too, and at the end of the night the people who were killed at night are removed from the game and their roles revealed.

Thats the basic way a mafia game works, but some games have extra or different rules based on the set-up and this is all said in the first post. The roles used in each game (role blocker, doctor, detective, godfather) are ones typically seen or are most common, but there is nothing stopping a host from putting in whatever role they want. However you can't get too crazy otherwise the balance of the game may be off, meaning it is way too easy for town/mafia to win over the other. There are roles that can't do anything but talk in the thread and vote on lynches (which is a power that every player has) and those are vanilla townies (or mafia goons who are on the mafia team).

- - - Post Merge - - -

In regard to question 3, I think you may thinking of like a role-play... where you can create your own character and play out, whatever. Mafia isn't like that. You are given your role by the host before the start of the game and must try to either kill all the mafia if you are on town side or kill all the people without getting killed yourself if on the mafia team.

I'll answer your questions but not in that order probably.

The host sets up a mafia game and randomly chooses who is on the mafia team/ who gets the mafia roles and who is in the town/power roles for the town. The host does not play, as they are facilitating the game. They post when a day or night cycle will begin and when it ends. At the end of day cycles a person with majority votes gets lynched, and is removed from the game and their role is revealed. During a night cycle, the mafia kills and any town power roles act too, and at the end of the night the people who were killed at night are removed from the game and their roles revealed.

Thats the basic way a mafia game works, but some games have extra or different rules based on the set-up and this is all said in the first post. The roles used in each game (role blocker, doctor, detective, godfather) are ones typically seen or are most common, but there is nothing stopping a host from putting in whatever role they want. However you can't get too crazy otherwise the balance of the game may be off, meaning it is way too easy for town/mafia to win over the other. There are roles that can't do anything but talk in the thread and vote on lynches (which is a power that every player has) and those are vanilla townies (or mafia goons who are on the mafia team).

- - - Post Merge - - -

In regard to question 3, I think you may thinking of like a role-play... where you can create your own character and play out, whatever. Mafia isn't like that. You are given your role by the host before the start of the game and must try to either kill all the mafia if you are on town side or kill all the people without getting killed yourself if on the mafia team.

I see! Just a few more questions?

1) Is there a list listing common types of roles in mafia?
2) How does the end game? Till one side is dead?
3) How do people usually vote exactly? Do they make the host aware through private message?

I see! Just a few more questions?

1) Is there a list listing common types of roles in mafia?
2) How does the end game? Till one side is dead?
3) How do people usually vote exactly? Do they make the host aware through private message?

1. Look at the Encyclopedia Maftanica in the cellar sub forum at the top (stocked post) it should have the most common ones
2. The game ends when one alignment (mafia or town) reach their wincon or win condition. For mafia, they need to equal or out number the amount of town people (which is monitored by the host). For the town, their win condition is usually to eliminate all hostile parties to them, so all mafia members as well as if any third party person can kill players.
3. Voting is done in a separate thread monitored by the host. Votes are done like ##VOTE PLAYERNAME, and are tallied by the host at the end of the day cycle. Whoever has the most, or in the case of a tie, whoever reached the most votes first, is lynched or eliminated from the game.

My apologies but I'm out eating right now. Game will be up in 30 minutes

6xeh2ojczrn01.png

Trundle, why wasn't this used in the Pokemon game

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be opposed to somebody starting a new game honestly, given how long the current ones taking and it still has 12 players left (for people not in the current game to join)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wouldn?t be opposed to somebody starting a new game honestly, given how long the current ones taking and it still has 12 players left (for people not in the current game to join)

Wouldn’t be opposed to somebody starting a new game honestly, given how long the current ones taking and it still has 12 players left (for people not in the current game to join)

- - - Post Merge - - -

PUNCHY DETHY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back