• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

✕ TBT Collectibles Price Guide - Actual Non-Manipulated Prices! ✕

so.. then isn't that just basically just considered outliers which is also covered it sholee's guide?

Again, not trying to say there cant be 2+ guides, but marketing it as if Sholee's guide ISN'T already non-manipulated isn't accurate...

no, that's not what it means at all, and ive reported your post because you continue to derail my thread even after i asked you to PM or VM me. like i said if you want a bigger explanation, vm or pm me. thank you.

no, that's not what it means at all, and ive reported your post because you continue to derail my thread even after i asked you to PM or VM me. like i said if you want a bigger explanation, vm or pm me. thank you.

Sorry, I had already sent the post before you said to PM/VM. Goodluck with the thread.

I think more than one guide is always good, so I don't think this is a problem.

But, I would suggest you outline what methodology you are going to employ, that way people can know how the data was gathered. I believe when F L A K E was trying to do his guide, he was trying to do a different method from Sholee.

Having said that, the prices on both guides became very very similiar after a while. I think it ended up that way because there's only so much data points you can gather, i.e., the sales you see out in the open and what people report back to you on the thread.

Once you do this for a bit you will see the dilemna you get into: 1) do you try to report what is currently going on in the market (whether it's by averages, ranges, etc.)? 2) Or do you try to incorporate a little bit of predictive/current market price range? (stock brokers do this too. That is, let's say the very last time Google stock sold, it sold for $200 per share but several months have gone by... and you feel strongly that today, if it were sold it would go for $300, do you report the last sale of $200 or the current "value" of $300?)

Sorry for the rambling... :) Good luck! It's a lot of work... :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, one last thing... I think some of the response you've gotten is because of the title, i.e., "... "non-manipulated prices". That can be construed that Sholee's guide is somehow the result of either her manipulation or others, and that may draw some ire.

Having run the guide for a short while, its my opinion that it's actually hard to manipulate prices when there's been a long history of prices. For example, the sales of blue feathers goes back years, so for one person or even a group of people acting together, it would take a lot to manipulate it. And I've seen plenty of people try! For the newer collectibles, it's possible but only for the short while, over time things stabilize.

thanks for all the advice - also yes, i did start to explain our method, but then i had to go out so i stopped midway unfortunately

as for the 1, 2, 3, segment of ur post, i think this thread will probably be focusing on averages mainly BUT we will also have our spreadsheet with all the data that went into calculating those averages available for public viewing in crys' "links" post. i will also be doing surveys on google forms for everyone elses reference too.

another thing i have been considering is making one of my reserves into a post that predicts possible collectibles shooting up in price or going down based on upcoming events. so the estimation thing could be a part of this guide too.

and ur right haha, i might change the title soon we will see

You already see where its going so I will voice it... Sometimes it was really hard to show what was going on in the market. Example: if you have something where there are like 7 sales hovering around 1800 to 2200 and you have like 2 sales around 1300, 1200. I always wished there was a way to show that graphically or visually but i always lacked the sophistication to show that. So maybe a spreadsheet would be useful.

Because the 1200/1300 can be just outliers (someone just wanted to sell cheap and fast, someone was just being friendly). OR it could be the start of a new trend downward. Especially if that happened in the last 2 or 3 sales... So you dont want to ignore it, but you want to represent it truthfully.

Sorry to ramble, i promise this is last time. :). Good luck!

You already see where its going so I will voice it... Sometimes it was really hard to show what was going on in the market. Example: if you have something where there are like 7 sales hovering around 1800 to 2200 and you have like 2 sales around 1300, 1200. I always wished there was a way to show that graphically or visually but i always lacked the sophistication to show that. So maybe a spreadsheet would be useful.

Because the 1200/1300 can be just outliers (someone just wanted to sell cheap and fast, someone was just being friendly). OR it could be the start of a new trend downward. Especially if that happened in the last 2 or 3 sales... So you dont want to ignore it, but you want to represent it truthfully.

Sorry to ramble, i promise this is last time. :). Good luck!

dont apologize this is actually rly helpful. and there is a way to view it graphically thats what the survey section is for (i plan on renaming it since thats not what i mean to say)

and speaking of that, if anyone would care to test this with accurate info or at least test info (just write test) thatd be great thx

http://goo.gl/forms/bMvivuQcH4iAQbbi2

(just dont get frustrated, organizing it all just takes a loooooooong time.)

I love Skyfalls input and can't wait, to see, where this is heading to ^^

I totally support this and wish you guys lots of luck and fun working at it! ^^

Just to weigh in here: having multiple guides is absolutely okay.

The reason the other guide was never stickied is because we do not want to endorse one guide and those prices saying "yes this is official and these are the prices that you absolutely must pay". It's unofficial and it's up to the users whether or not they wish to follow it. So of course, being unofficial, it means that other people are free to start other guides calculated differently just like Shiida and Crys have here and that's perfectly okay. Users can set their prices as they see fit and shouldn't feel pressured to follow one particular price guide just because everyone else says they have to. I'm personally pretty excited to see how this one will differ and the effect it might have on the Marketplace.

im still collecting data so if anyone who has data could use the form in the "contribute to the guide" post would help, either that or post here or pm me or crys, thanks!

I support this considering there is more than one way to determine the range of market sales and it's always helpful to have more than one source. I'm only 1 person and I do have other responsibilities outside of TBT therefore there are sales/auctions that I may miss so I think it's great that members can reference between the multiple guides for a good educated price. I look forward to this guide :D

mkovb.jpg

Last edited:
I opened one too, I can't wait to see how all of these turn out

Oh yeah, on 7/10 i sold two father's day carnation for 300 each if you wanna include them

Back