• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🍄 Tales from Truffel: A Wild World Diary 🍄

wuppytime

transmasc in a 'soft fuzzy man' way.
Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
hello everyone!! i seen that ACNH diaries/journals were a thing, but what about the older titles?
that's why i'm here! wild world was my very first animal crossing game, and as such, it holds a lot of sentimental value.
but! i have the memory of a fly. so i remember so little about the game. so, for funsies, i wanted to record my experience!

the name i chose for my town is simple. truffle, but the e and l swapped.
i just thought it looked cuter?? if that makes sense! i WILL be time traveling here and there.
other than that, onto the day 1 post!

New Project(13).png

DAY ONE.

my first steps into truffel was quite a surprise! i had fully intended on resetting until i got some

villagers i liked. and who were my starting villagers?

tumblr_inline_o2cgw5P78o1qzb5w4_75sq.png
tumblr_inline_o2cgn7vqwl1qzb5w4_75sq.png
tumblr_inline_o2cgk4YSly1qzb5w4_75sq.png

static is one of my all time favs! so needless to say, i kept this!
the usual antics happen. tom nook temporarily employs me, and i go about delivering things for him.
while i did so, i listened into THIS conversation.

screenshot09.png

did i stumble across static trying to flirt? interesting! i haven't seen this dialogue before!
savannah says no, and static says having a partner might slow him down? something to that degree.
he's a lovable grump! i am a bit biased for all cranky villagers though.
screenshot10.png

soon after, i finish off my tasks! now onto the next big goal for the day: make enough bells
to pay off my initial loan. fishing feels particularly rough in this game. the fish try to ignore you
left and right! i only had access to the fishing rod and watering can, leaving my options
for money making being fishing or scrape together change by selling shells or fruit.

but!

screenshot11.png

the bright nights are upon us! i had no recollection of this event. all my neighbors houses are
decorated in lights. same for some of the trees! all three villagers badger me to vote for THEIR house
being the best decorated. i cast my vote for static, simply because he's my favorite neighbor so far!

it took a solid hour of me pacing about my beaches and rivers, but i managed to scrape together
the funds to pay off my first loan! but as i am writing this, i played day 2. and i forgot to get nook to
give me the dialogue to upgrade the house. whoops! guess that'll be a day 3 thing.

screenshot12.png

this felt like a good stopping point. a lot was accomplished, and yet so little at the same time!
i am VERY eager to see who all moves in to populate truffel! stay tuned!

DAY TWO.

day two starts off with the message that the bright lights is still going on.
i assume this event may be an all week sort of thing? i go ahead and cast my vote for static again.
i don't know if anything really comes from doing this, but i vote anyway. why not?

truffel gains a resident today, friga! we go on to roll out the welcome wagon for her.

screenshot13.png

we go on ahead to check nook's, and much to my dismay, he still hasn't put
out a dresser for us to store stuff in, nor any new tools. no money rock and fossils
today either. a shame. but we DO go ahead and donate some fish to blather's!
might as well, huh?

while i paced the beaches, i found a coconut washed up ashore! that's new! i plan
on making a nice little coconut area. not too sure where to put it quite yet though.
( thank you, dizzy. for the photo bomb. )
screenshot14.png

and the last thing we do on this day is what i FORGOT to do on day 1: get nook to upgrade
our house! i choose a blue roof. blue is my favorite color! definitely nicer than the pink
the roof was defaulted to. this rounds out day two!

screenshot15.png

Back