• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Sun or Moon?

Sun or Moon?

• Total voters
Moon because Lunaala just looks so much more unique to me. While Lunaala's weaknesses are more severe, Solgaleo's typing doesn't make sense. The "devourer of the Sun" is a Steel type, so why is the Sun mascot weak to fire?? He even cloaks himself in fire in his signature move. Idk, but so far, Moon alll the wayyy!

But for both games in general, I will get Moon because these games seem to be more interesting than your typical Pokemon adventure (Possibly of no Gyms, Alolan Forms, etc.). Kind of like the Orange Islands in the Anime. I for one am interested in trying it.

Last edited:
aw i always get both ;-; but for the purpose of this poll ill say Moon!

I'd say Moon because I like the moon and the night over the sun and the day. I don't know about version exclusives yet, but I think that won't change my mind.

Moon because Lunaala just looks so much more unique to me. While Lunaala's weaknesses are more severe, Solgaleo's typing doesn't make sense. The "devourer of the Sun" is a Steel type, so why is the Sun mascot weak to fire?? He even cloaks himself in fire in his signature move. Idk, but so far, Moon alll the wayyy!

But for both games in general, I will get Moon because these games seem to be more interesting than your typical Pokemon adventure (Possibly of no Gyms, Alolan Forms, etc.). Kind of like the Orange Islands in the Anime. I for one am interested in trying it.

If you actually dig deeper on what Solgaleo is based off, then you'll understand why it is a Steel type.

But for the game, I'm picking Sun.

I'm probably going to get Moon, and my brother is getting Sun I think

This is actually real tough for me.

I initially preordered Moon for a couple reasons but may switch over to Sun.

Firstly I picked X over Y but afterwards saw Yveltal's signature move much better suited my style of play - recovering health with a move was super awesome. In that sense, Lunaala 's ability is much more useful than Solgaleo's - halving damage in the first attack instead of not having stats lowered.

Also, I got the Omega Ruby steel book which was red. So having the purple Moon steel book instead of another red one would be kinda nice.

However I also know a bunch of people getting Moon so I may get Sun to trade exclusives. Also the Sun colours and Solgaleo are growing on me.

Not to mention the Solgaleo figure looks a bit cooler.

All things considered, I may need to wait until I see version exclusives before changing my mind. It was great to have Reuniclus in White but they didn't really matter for X and Y.

Who's that one lonely person that isn't getting them? :(

Oh by the way, pre-ordered both. Even better since I have 2 3ds systems and can trade with myself :D

Last edited:
I've already pre-ordered Moon for myself. Lunaala looks way cooler than Solgaleo!

Back