• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Steam Winter Sale 2014

KarlaKGB

meme dilettante
Bells
Kirby Easter Egg
Famous Mushroom
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Tasty Cake
う
Red Cosmos
IT'S HERE

OBLIGATORY GIF
Dq6KTSb.gif

http://store.steampowered.com/

yer m8

but i plan to get FF IV foremost.. then maybe some animu games that are damn expensive otherwise

Don't know how much I'll get or what I'll get, but I'm definitely picking up some of the titles on my wishlist that are on sale. :)

Also I will be collecting all unwanted trading cards thanks! :lemon:

Last edited:
So what's on everybody's must buy list, personally I have already got most of mine I got Prison Architect and RCT3 otherwise I own too much to justify filling glorious GabeN's wallet some more.

I still think its pretty hilarious paypal has "accidentally leaked" The release for both Fall and Winter, either there's a glorious PC master race supporter or hater or paypal just is really desperate.

Either way I'm looking forward to the great deals it's about time we got something decent, and it'll let me try new indies without paying the AAA price.

Cheers

i wish i had a gaming pc so i could be a part of these steam sales

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg state of decay i played the demo of that on my xbox like 2 years ago n it was so fun, shame its not multiplayer

So what's on everybody's must buy list, personally I have already got most of mine I got Prison Architect and RCT3 otherwise I own too much to justify filling glorious GabeN's wallet some more.

I still think its pretty hilarious paypal has "accidentally leaked" The release for both Fall and Winter, either there's a glorious PC master race supporter or hater or paypal just is really desperate.

Either way I'm looking forward to the great deals it's about time we got something decent, and it'll let me try new indies without paying the AAA price.

Cheers

u sound like valve were trying to keep the start of sales date a secret....

There's not really that much I'm interested in this year. I'm hoping Age of Empires III and Audiosurf 2 will get a decent discount, and I'm going to see whether Melody's Escape goes any lower in price, if it doesn't I'll probably buy it anyway. I'm a little bit disappointed that there isn't a big event like there has been in the past on Steam, would make the sale experience that bit more exciting.

If anyone's looking for things to spend your money on, there's a pretty good list of things that aren't featured on the front page of Steam here. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3270952 I found that there's games that start from ?0.07, not really much good, but you can make some of your money back through selling the cards for it, and it's a +1 for your Steam game count.

Last edited:
i wish i had a gaming pc so i could be a part of these steam sales

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg state of decay i played the demo of that on my xbox like 2 years ago n it was so fun, shame its not multiplayer

You really don't need a 'gaming PC'. Despite all the talk of "PC has superior graphics" and "more powerful games" (whatever that's really supposed to mean), there's still a ton of games both old and new that will run on really low spec systems.
If you're wanting to play the 'AAA blockbusters' then yea, you'll need a good system, but there's still tons of games you can play other than that.

My current laptop is terrible for gaming, yet it hasn't stopped me from getting a Steam library of about 200 games, and only about 20 of those won't run on it (they came in bundles though). At least half of them were released in the past 5 years.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say whatever laptop/computer you're using, it's better than mine.

Why you should wait before buying Dark Souls 2.
Another reason you should wait.

If you've had it on your wishlist like I did, you might want to hold off for the "HD/GOTY" version in April to presumably go on sale for half off in the summer. c:

You really don't need a 'gaming PC'. Despite all the talk of "PC has superior graphics" and "more powerful games" (whatever that's really supposed to mean), there's still a ton of games both old and new that will run on really low spec systems.
If you're wanting to play the 'AAA blockbusters' then yea, you'll need a good system, but there's still tons of games you can play other than that.

My current laptop is terrible for gaming, yet it hasn't stopped me from getting a Steam library of about 200 games, and only about 20 of those won't run on it (they came in bundles though). At least half of them were released in the past 5 years.

Yes and no.

I mean, yes, there are plenty of great games that have come out in recent years with minimal requirements - plenty of RPGMaker games, "retro" style games, rogue-likes are usually minimalistic-looking, etc. I have plenty of great games my craptop can run, and it freezes up on the particle effects in ShadowGate. :p

But if Jarrad isn't interested in playing something like Shovel Knight or The Binding of Isaac, then he may very well need a better computer?
If he's looking to play MGSV on max with a solid 60 fps... :p

Either way though, I'm pretty sure he would've at least looked at the specs of some of the games he's interested in before stating he needs a better computer, lol.

Why you should wait before buying Dark Souls 2.
Another reason you should wait.

If you've had it on your wishlist like I did, you might want to hold off for the "HD/GOTY" version in April to presumably go on sale for half off in the summer. c:

Yes and no.

I mean, yes, there are plenty of great games that have come out in recent years with minimal requirements - plenty of RPGMaker games, "retro" style games, rogue-likes are usually minimalistic-looking, etc. I have plenty of great games my craptop can run, and it freezes up on the particle effects in ShadowGate. :p

But if Jarrad isn't interested in playing something like Shovel Knight or The Binding of Isaac, then he may very well need a better computer?
If he's looking to play MGSV on max with a solid 60 fps... :p

Either way though, I'm pretty sure he would've at least looked at the specs of some of the games he's interested in before stating he needs a better computer, lol.

Oh of course, that's why I mentioned specifically that something like most AAA games would likely require something powerful.

Though I've come across more than enough people though that think you need a 'high powered rig' to play something like the original DOOM before though, so I like to at least mention low-spec systems are still viable :3

Not to mention how unreliable 'minimum system specs' for games can often be.

Last edited:
Oh of course, that's why I mentioned specifically that something like most AAA games would likely require something powerful.

Though I've come across more than enough people though that think you need a 'high powered rig' to play something like the original DOOM before though, so I like to at least mention low-spec systems are still viable :3

Oh my god "minimum specs" I tend to believe are complete bull****.

I should not be able to play Skyrim, as the minimum reqs are 512 MB dedicated video RAM. I have 64 MB.

According to systemrequirementslab.com, I shouldn't be able to play Skyrim (234 hours), Fallout 3 (idk why it says 9 minutes I've played much more), State of Decay (40 hours), Sims 3 (idk I play this on Origin and I don't feel like loading it to see how much I've played, and Starbound (27 hours).

it also tells me that I can't run DA:Inquisition which I'm considering getting.

This is my computer.

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz
Video Card - Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Memory - 4.0 GB
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

The "recommend requirements" can suck my ass.

omg yes.

I was literally just complaining about how terrible the "recommended specs" are, ESPECIALLY with the recent flood of poorly optimized AAA titles.

You can tell me that The Evil Within needs 4GB of VRAM all day long. I've run on it on my rig, an i7 with 16GB of ram and a 4GB video card (the very 670 they call for) -- it barely uses 2GB (1700~MB) of my card and it's still choppy as ****. Complain to the devs and they'll just tell you you don't meet the requirements; which is most of the reason they overshoot them so much in the first place, lol.

Oh my god "minimum specs" I tend to believe are complete bull****.

I should not be able to play Skyrim, as the minimum reqs are 512 MB dedicated video RAM. I have 64 MB.

According to systemrequirementslab.com, I shouldn't be able to play Skyrim (234 hours), Fallout 3 (idk why it says 9 minutes I've played much more), State of Decay (40 hours), Sims 3 (idk I play this on Origin and I don't feel like loading it to see how much I've played, and Starbound (27 hours).

it also tells me that I can't run DA:Inquisition which I'm considering getting.

This is my computer.

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz
Video Card - Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Memory - 4.0 GB
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

The "recommend requirements" can suck my ass.

Processor - AMD E-300 with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics APu 1.3GHz
Memory - 4.0 GB

Look at my graphics card. Just look at it! It may as well just say 'AMD Potato'!

But strangely, I can play a pretty heavily modded version of Skyrim on high graphics settings (I do have water effects on low/med though). I'll admit right now, I do have some performance enhancing mods on it (that don't in any way make the visuals 'worse'...In fact, I have some that improve the visuals) but the fact still remains, simply from the minimum specs I shouldn't be able to play it at all...Let alone with some of the mods I have on it.

Skyrim is the only game I have performance enhancing mods with though (with all the other mods I have, I felt it needed it xD) but if we're going by minimum specs then 3/4 of my library should be literally unplayable, yet, I can play most games I want without any problems and without having to mod them or mess around with settings.
With most of my Steam games, if there even is a 'problem' playing it, the problem is usually solved by something as simple as turning AA off. That's it, and shouldn't be taken into account in minimum specs.

Devs need to sort their s**t out when putting up these figures. I guarantee they've lost potential sales from people that could have actually played their game but left it because they took the 'minimum specs' as a fact rather than a heavily debatable estimate.

These days, I just make an educated guess based on how the game looks to whether it will work. So far, I've been correct every time.

Last edited:
got a PHP1000 (~$22) gift card and am ready to unleash the gates :cool: games are much cheaper in my country compared to europe and america, so i can get a bunch of good games perhaps :}

You might as well as spending BTB in my shop. Ha. Just kidding, but I'm not gonna buy anything from this winter sale because I don't want to spend money... GOT. TO. RESIST. SPENDING. :[ Everything is so cheap... Omg.

They usually do try to keep them a bit of a secret if everybody waits to buy games till they go on sale valve would lose money out the rear!

Back