• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[spoiler] Customizing My House

EvilTheCat6600

Bells
Disclaimer: I'm only claiming this as a spoiler so people who haven't paid off their loans in full, or unlocked house customization won't be spoiled as to what some of the options are. Anyway, onto the thread.

I've decided to start customizing my house. I put in the order for a black square mailbox and I intend to use the red cobblestone exterior and the iron grill door. I do have a few questions though to make my house look as aesthetically pleasing as possible:

1. Which type of roof would work best with the cobblestone exterior?

2. Which color of iron grill door should I choose?

3. Would zen fencing be a bit much when I start building my yard, or would it be perfect for the exterior design I have in mind for my house?

I'd personally think either the deep-green or black thatch roof would best fit the red cobblestone exterior. As for the door, I'd personally pick the dark-brown iron grill door.

The Zen fence could work, but the different in colour might contrast more than you'd like. Try it out, if you don't like it there's always more options to pick from.

If you're using the red cobblestone I'd go with the black stone roof since it reflects the stone in the exterior. Door wise I personally dont like the iron grill door color choices for this exterior but if id have to pick I would go with the grey one.

The zen fence should look fine I think but I honestly dont know how the colors will look together.

I'd personally think either the deep-green or black thatch roof would best fit the red cobblestone exterior. As for the door, I'd personally pick the dark-brown iron grill door.

The Zen fence could work, but the different in colour might contrast more than you'd like. Try it out, if you don't like it there's always more options to pick from.

Not sure how any of the wood options look and I'm not a fan of the brick fence's design. If there were some older New Leaf style fencing types such as the fancy fence, I might consider some of those. I'll give the zen fence a try and see what else works after, if it doesn't look too good.

Not sure how any of the wood options look and I'm not a fan of the brick fence's design. If there were some older New Leaf style fencing types such as the fancy fence, I might consider some of those. I'll give the zen fence a try and see what else works after, if it doesn't look too good.

The Imperial fence might work, since it matches the red cobblestone exterior's colour. But it's a bit too showy looking.

The Imperial fence might work, since it matches the red cobblestone exterior's colour. But it's a bit too showy looking.

I'm going for fancy but not too fancy xD
Post automatically merged:

If you're using the red cobblestone I'd go with the black stone roof since it reflects the stone in the exterior. Door wise I personally dont like the iron grill door color choices for this exterior but if id have to pick I would go with the grey one.

The zen fence should look fine I think but I honestly dont know how the colors will look together.

I hope the colors will look ok. I might've gone full zen if there was a zen exterior in the game, so fingers crossed hoping more options roll out in an update.

Back