• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

I was so excited that I'd be free Friday at 8pm to play the splatoon demo, but then I realized I have to sit around at my little cousin's birthday party starting at 7pm u.u sighhhh.

Hopefully I can catch the other days though, pretty excited! I plan to use the charger weapon~

im so hyped to stay up tonight but first i have to survive school and then wait for 11pm :')

probably gonna be using the charger or shooter weapons, but DEFINITELY the ink brush when it comes out

Last edited:
I just fixed my internet!!!!! Im seriously so happy right now :') Definitely playing the demo!

kinda sucks how much content is locked behind amiibo now~ but I guess it was inevitable

It's ****ty either way. Either, they provide too little content and are considered to be useless, or they provide too much content and act as day one paid DLC. Annoying.

I feel like I might use the girl Inkling, the guy just doesn't look good. If I can't change the hair/eye style, then I'm probably using the girl. (Color isn't enough)

This is how I feel. Though I'm not sure if it's just the girl being showcased more often and I've mentally registered her as the standard? Thinking if I get to play the demo as the guy I might like him, but I'm leaning towards squid girl when the game comes out.

It's ****ty either way. Either, they provide too little content and are considered to be useless, or they provide too much content and act as day one paid DLC. Annoying.

EDIT: somehow I missed that this is a comment on amiibo and not the whole game. #.#
I quite like the amiibo bonus for this game. I mean it's 60 levels that you can play anyway, just with a bit of a twist to add a challenge, it's a decent idea and you don't really miss out by not getting them. The only real difference is you miss out on the 3 costumes ~ but there's loads of choice and you might be able to buy them from people in the town area anyway??

I kind of feel like the game should have just been released with all the content in August ~ and at full price, because for some reason it's selling pretty cheaply in all it's pre-orders here.
Though the way they are doing it is definitely a better option, we all get to play the game earlier, it sounds like it'll all be free dlc anyway, and if we burn out on some of the modes we'll get a new lease of life thrown in later. It just seems like a weird decision on their part. (But it's Nintendo, they're full of weird decisions.)

The only real downside I can see is that the extra content will take up space on the Wii U hardware. S:

Last edited:

This is why I would have preferred Amiibo to just be nice little collectible figures that don't actually do anything. The way they actually function in games I've not really liked so far because, as you said, they either do too little or too much.

This is how I feel. Though I'm not sure if it's just the girl being showcased more often and I've mentally registered her as the standard? Thinking if I get to play the demo as the guy I might like him, but I'm leaning towards squid girl when the game comes out.

I feel her being 'the main character' has done that to me to an extent, but I just generally dislike the male characters design anyway. I think if I was going to like his design I would do regardless of how much exposure he gets.
Saying this, I often use a female character for 95% of games anyway when given the choice.

I'm wondering whether or not you name your character or if they just use your NNID.

So who all is planning to try out the online demo and what times?

Doing the first and third times. They're perfect for me and I don't feel like waking up at 4 AM. I hope there's a few more times to try it out, just 3 that are all on the same day for Europeans is kinda dumb if that's it.

I feel her being 'the main character' has done that to me to an extent, but I just generally dislike the male characters design anyway. I think if I was going to like his design I would do regardless of how much exposure he gets.
Saying this, I often use a female character for 95% of games anyway when given the choice.

I'm wondering whether or not you name your character or if they just use your NNID.

Assuming you can cross dress in the game ~ I mean most of the developers worked on AC so I am assuming this. Then the only real difference is the hair and eyebrows. And I think I just liked the long hair look from the start, and am just not a fan of the hipster bun style the male char sports. :p And so many games force everyone to play as a male char anyway, I quite like that the female is the showcase here.

I'm going for the first slot even though it's at 4am for me. If I really enjoy it (as if that will be a no?) then I hope to join the others, but it's my mums birthday and I don't think I'll be able to. Hope to catch the last half of the final slot atleast though.

Last edited:

Im gunna try and get all three of them done :3 the first one is 1-2pm for me which is pretty good. The second one is 9-10pm for me I think and the third one is 5-6am on sunday (I might have to bring my wii u into my room for that one :D)

I will cry if I can't.

Good news, friend.

tumblr_no1uzs7KH41u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Im gunna try and get all three of them done :3 the first one is 1-2pm for me which is pretty good. The second one is 9-10pm for me I think and the third one is 5-6am on sunday (I might have to bring my wii u into my room for that one :D)

Wow, ducky! Only one of the times works well for my timezone. I suppose I could try it tonight, but I'd literally have to do it right before sleeping. lol I might stretch it just so I can get a try, though. Since the 7-8AM one is out for me. I'll be working. The last one (3-4PM Sunday) is the one I'll be able to make. Should be exciting, though!

Roller is included? Hell yes.

NO ROLLER SCOPE 360

I WANT TO PLAAYYYY BUT I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 10 :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I my splatoon character to have Marie's hair I don't know why.

Back