• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

At first I didn't think this game looked interesting but I decided to watch the trailer and it looks super fun. I might get it.

I don't think this has been shared already, but GameSeek's currently giving an early bird discount on preorders of Splatoon! It's currently listed for ?25 with price protection guarantee. Click here to view!

Won't Splatoon be one of these 'price cut' games anyway like Captain Toad and Kirby? Tis what I heard anyway (don't remember where).

If not, I better preorder it from there stat!

Splatoon will take up 1812 MB, which is almost 2GB. Anyone who owns a 32GB Wii U can download the game without having an external hard drive.

Source : http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-file-size/

That's surprisingly tiny.

Won't Splatoon be one of these 'price cut' games anyway like Captain Toad and Kirby? Tis what I heard anyway (don't remember where).

If not, I better preorder it from there stat!

I'm thinking Yoshi and Mario Maker might fall under that price. Probably not Splatoon at least it doesn't look like it.

That's surprisingly tiny.

I'm thinking Yoshi and Mario Maker might fall under that price. Probably not Splatoon at least it doesn't look like it.

lol even Kirby and the rainbow curse is larger than that (3GB), but I believe the game will keep getting updates and maybe dlcs like hyrule warriors but who knows~

- - - Post Merge - - -

I only thing I don't like about this is that people will use it as an excuse to trash the game to the ground, damn kids :/

I've been excited about this game ever since E3. It seemed so interesting, and the designs were great. It was getting quite a bit of love from the beginning.

I pre-ordered the 3-pack Amiibo set for it. It looks pretty great, and Splatoon characters have great designs for merchandise. I'm actually really hoping the Inklings end up in Smash.

It's available for digital preorder now, does that mean it can preloaded like Smash Bros. and Mario Party 10?

lol even Kirby and the rainbow curse is larger than that (3GB), but I believe the game will keep getting updates and maybe dlcs like hyrule warriors but who knows~

The file size of the game doesn't necessarily mean it's a small game.

What does the Splatoon amiibo actually do in the game? I have no idea lol...

I pre-ordered the 3-pack Amiibo set for it. It looks pretty great, and Splatoon characters have great designs for merchandise. I'm actually really hoping the Inklings end up in Smash.

I pre-ordered the pack with the girl amiibo and a t-shirt from the Nintendo store. The other 2 amiibo don't really appeal to me visually so I left 'em.

What does the Splatoon amiibo actually do in the game? I have no idea lol...

I have no idea. I don't think they've actually announced what they do yet. I'm guessing character themed items or maybe they just give you random stuff like with Hyrule Warriors. There really isn't anything else that comes to mind that they could possibly do with them.

I am seriously hyped for this game. I have bought a 1st Class ticket for the Hype Train by preordering two of these.
11100910-4324283948277804.jpg

I'm so very extremely excited about this!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
*crosses fingers for splatoon to do well, oh god please!*

Last edited:
It just the Splatoon Amiibo that unlocks gear or all of them? Or do we not know that yet?

The squid's gear looks odd...Like it's too big for the character.

Each amiibo unlocks a set of extra missions and an outfit.

So if you only want the robot outfit you only need to get the green one, and vise versa for each of them.

I hope there's a male version of the squid girl's outfit, it looks the nicest.

Back