• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Splatoon SPLATOON 3

I was one of the 15% of team sour lol. Not surprised we lost but I had a ton of fun and don’t regret the team I chose at all. I really liked the change in tricolour. So easy to get now and you can both defend and attack. I didn’t even have the base defender badge before this fest as my team had always been stuck attacking in the previous fests. But I now have the gold for attacking and defending.

I liked that every tricolour battle for me was always comprised of each of the three teams. I know that wasn’t the case at all for team Sweet.

Anyways congrats everyone regardless of winning or losing it was fun!

Regardless of Team Sweet winning, I’m glad I got the attacking and defending golden badges this time round!

I think it’s good that they made it random for attacking/defending teams regardless of what splatfest team you’re on. It makes it way more interesting as you’re not doing the same thing over and over again.

That was a pretty fun splatfest, though I do wish the teams had been more balanced, especially since tricolor was unplayable for me due to this. I counted 4-5 mirrors before I got in to a proper tricolor which was pretty dire. I guess in the end the popularity split in favor of sweet doesn't surprise me since I somewhat predicted this would happen. Even my own personal reasons for joining Sweet were based on the fact two of the three options literally cause pain/discomfort. I'm sure I'm not the only one who found Sweet to be the most "inoffensive" option.

I did have my first 100x battle and win this fest though which I'm very pleased about! I do find it funny that of course the 100x showed up when I was on my goofing off weapon. Thank you to my team for being good enough to make up for the fact I was being silly on undercover brella. Also the new feature they added that lets you take pictures on the splatfest stage after you win a 100x is very cute! I'd post my pictures but my SD card reader is out of commission at the moment. May need to try and remember to post those pictures later.

Anyway I think that's all my splatfest rambles for this time. GG spicy and sour, I still had fun despite the small issues!

Last edited:
Oof. Well, I guess I was right in that it technically "wasn't as bad as Gear/Grub/Fun." 56.84% of votes for Sweet is less than Gear's 58.28%. 😅

If it's any consolation, on my side, that meant that 99.99% of my fights were against Sweet. I only had two Open/Pro games where I fought Spicy, and one of which had Spicy in a stagger loop so bad that they got spawn-camped by two of my teammates, and since I stayed back in mid to watch the flank routes, I literally saw enemies/their ink, like, three times during that whole match. I half-forgot that Spicy existed until I saw them in the Tricolor matches. Incidentally, due to their ink colors, a Sour vs Spicy match looks like a McDonald's ad.

And thank you! :'D Also, oh my gosh, that was exactly what I was going for with the weird tongue squid thingy, no joke. You totally got it; you win! And you doubly win since you also won the Splatfest~
Yay, technical truths! :p It must have felt like it was still the old Splatfest model for you.

Good execution on that!👌And thanks! Although, with my lack of non-sweets matches, I don’t feel like I contributed to that win at all. Bhaha

Yay, technical truths! :p It must have felt like it was still the old Splatfest model for you.

Good execution on that!👌And thanks! Although, with my lack of non-sweets matches, I don’t feel like I contributed to that win at all. Bhaha

Funnily enough, I've only been playing Splatoon for about a year, so I actually never got to experience the S1/S2 Splatfests! :'D

A win's a win! Also, I was on Team Gear, and while I remember getting a decent amount of mirror matches, I don't remember it being nearly as bad as what happened to you; most of my Open/Pro matches were normal. I played that Splatfest for several hours, and I don't think my mirror matches even totaled up to be an hour on their own. I guess you got super unlucky. 😔

So hopefully the next Splatfest is more balanced!

Last edited:
I got my splatoon amiibo cards today! I finally got some amiibo gear! yayyy

I'd show you guys the cards but the photo I took says it's too big for the server. . .

Funnily enough, I've only been playing Splatoon for about a year, so I actually never got to experience the S1/S2 Splatfests! :'D

A win's a win! Also, I was on Team Gear, and while I remember getting a decent amount of mirror matches, I don't remember it being nearly as bad as what happened to you; most of my Open/Pro matches were normal. I played that Splatfest for several hours, and I don't think my mirror matches even totaled up to be an hour on their own. I guess you got super unlucky. 😔

So hopefully the next Splatfest is more balanced!
Oh, nice! So, it’s pretty new either way. Fun stuff!

Even with a slightly higher popularity percentage… dang. It’s okay though. It just meant things were super low-stakes. I had fun regardless! And I got to play as all the different colors at one point, which is nice. :’3

More food splatfests! I wonder if the next one is the fabled vanilla/strawberry/chocolate ice cream one...

Anyways, my team this time will be white chocolate. Very glad that works out for me color wise too, I'm curious how the beige ink will look!

I like all of these choices equally so I just went with white choc for big man. Saw this tweet showing how the ink is gonna look and now I'm really happy with my choice. Can't wait to see my octoling with white hair!

I chose Milk Chocolate. Team Frye again!
I still haven't chosen a Big Man team yet.
Hopefully soon.

I really like milk choco but I didnt't like the color (design-wise and ink-wise) so I went with white choco 😭 Hoping the ink color is white like in the tweet, it looks really good! No regrets choosing white choco regardless, it's a close favorite for me after milk choco.

Woo loving all the team White Chocolate rep in here. Most people just like to rip on White Chocolate but I think it’s great. Also it’s nearly guaranteed to be the least popular team and I always have a blast when I never get mirror matches. Sure winning overall is less likely but having fun is more important to me.

I was torn between Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate, but I was convinced to join the dark side after seeing this very compelling piece of propaganda. I just can't resist fanart of Shiver being chaos incarnate.

fqGoMsW.jpg

I had a time of it designing my locker for Team Dark Chocolate. There's nothing that matches that dark blue-ish purple besides a little octopus sticker. So I decided to lean into the "dark" part of dark chocolate and also include colors from the other teams. This time around, I also customized my Splashtag for the occasion! And yes, this means that I'll now be grinding specific weapons to 4 stars for the sole purpose of getting badges/stickers with different colors for future Splatfests.

vzIDLAZ.jpg

Missed the Splatfest before this one, but was able to get to Ruler for tram Milk Chocolate. Lost spectacularly.

Is Splatoon 3 worth getting now? Like, I’m interested but I’m not sure if it’s a little late. I liked participating in the wars in the first version, but I haven’t played since then… Not even sure if I’d play enough to justify it considering I’m hooked on another game now, but I’m just wondering, just for my knowledge.

What do you all think? Is it still worth getting today? I feel like I’m a little a lot late to the party.

Is Splatoon 3 worth getting now? Like, I’m interested but I’m not sure if it’s a little late. I liked participating in the wars in the first version, but I haven’t played since then… Not even sure if I’d play enough to justify it considering I’m hooked on another game now, but I’m just wondering, just for my knowledge.

What do you all think? Is it still worth getting today? I feel like I’m a little a lot late to the party.
I wouldn't say you'd be to late to the party. Spatfests and events are for two years and we're only at the 6 months mark. They do have seasons (free ones) that gives you rewards. I get on at least once a day to secure 1 win for the bonus points if I'm playing something else and it's easy to do. It also helps if you can play in a community that likes to get together. At first, I played all the time, but now, I'm already at 250 hours, which is more than I did in Splatoon 2.

just realized i missed big run 🧍‍♀️ i had a ton of fun playing last time but some how got sidetracked...i haven't played much since this new season started actually but i'm hoping that trying to get all the catalog rewards will motivate me to start playing again ;u; how is everyone liking the new update/dlc/season so far? anyone have any catalog favourites they're working towards yet? (last season all i really cared about was the purple binder but i really only want the emotes this season)

this spring will be the first time I manage to complete a catalog! I uhhhhh, fell off the ball, especially for winter which is a bummer. really wanted some of the gear from the winter catalog.
it's taken me more effort to adjust to 3 from 2 than I care to admit, especially with having actually played less(at least, turf war/anarchy) so far... and I will also say I still dearly miss the Custom Splattershot Jr. kit from 2. its kit in 3 is fine, though the wave breaker is very rarely useful, at least in my experience 😔 I just miss my ink storm, bleargh! oh well. I've also been adjusting to using some different stuff in anarchy... slowly but surely. .52 Gal was my sole go-to and then I found it wasn't favoring me much so I've switched it up. I got my friend into the game, and they've been playing with me... semi-regularly, so that's been fun. we went crazy during Big Run but didn't come out of it with a great score. still a bit sad I didn't get a shiny trophy tbh

Back