• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Splatoon SPLATOON 3

I don’t even play this game, but I really gotta go with water, although I’m choosing Fuecoco on Pokémon Violet.

Not at all surprised about this new splatfest theme. It felt like an inevitability now that there's three options and a new pokemon game is releasing soon.

I'm 100% on team grass! No doubt about it. I almost never pick the non-grass starter.
I was actually thinking about a Pokémon themed Splatfest prior the reveal, except I was thinking of Gen 1 starters specifically. General type with Gen 9 starters on the shirt makes a lot more sense though. 😅 It may have been wishful thinking, because my friend and I both would pick Bulbasaur in a heartbeat but are very strongly on different teams when it comes to starter type.

AHH just bought the game yesterday after so many recommendations from friends! This is my very first Splatoon game and it's so addicting from the get-go 😭 My only qualms right now is that I want cute clothes, but I just got the game and so far my shop stocks have been unappealing ahh. Anyway, here's my Octokid and my favorite turf weapon, the Aerospray!

1665297855510.png

I'm very close to level 10, so I can't wait to try other battle modes. :] If there are any future games with other TBT members, count me in!

I wrote in another thread sometime ago that I couldn't get into Splatoon but that's changed for me with 3!! Salmon run is tons of fun I can't believe I was missing out. And after finishing the story and getting used to the weapons I started having soooo much more fun in pvp. All the customization options are a huge plus too (y'all have NO idea how much time I've spent on my locker lol)

For the next splatfest I'm torn between grass and water type. I've picked more grass starters but water has some mons I like more. Probably just gonna wait and see which side big man is on :d

Looking into games I have played into the past and what I've chosen and what I would've chosen if I played other games, most of my picks have been Fire. In fact, I've chosen/would've chosen fire 6 out of the 9 games. So, I think I'm going to be on team Fire.

I am most likely picking Sprigatito for Violet tho.

I wrote in another thread sometime ago that I couldn't get into Splatoon but that's changed for me with 3!! Salmon run is tons of fun I can't believe I was missing out. And after finishing the story and getting used to the weapons I started having soooo much more fun in pvp. All the customization options are a huge plus too (y'all have NO idea how much time I've spent on my locker lol)

For the next splatfest I'm torn between grass and water type. I've picked more grass starters but water has some mons I like more. Probably just gonna wait and see which side big man is on :d

Big Man will be team water. They always match the order of the teams announced. Shiver 1st, Fyre 2nd, Big Man 3rd. So this time it’s Shiver Grass, Fyre Fire, Big Man Water.

Personally I’m picking fire. I’ve picked all the types at one point or another but I’ve chosen fire by far the most. It was also my fave type as a kid though now I don’t even know if I have a fave type haha.

Big Man will be team water. They always match the order of the teams announced. Shiver 1st, Fyre 2nd, Big Man 3rd. So this time it’s Shiver Grass, Fyre Fire, Big Man Water.

Personally I’m picking fire. I’ve picked all the types at one point or another but I’ve chosen fire by far the most. It was also my fave type as a kid though now I don’t even know if I have a fave type haha.
Oooo thanks, I didn't know that!

Nearly got my turf war build finished. Just need 30 more chunks to get the last swim speed slot. I haven’t even touched anarchy modes yet but will definitely make at least a build or two for that as well. But I play and enjoy turf war the most.

CF874AF9-7A5C-49BC-98AA-619C16D07F78.jpeg

D7286C77-6EC1-4674-8E58-9349FAD3EA85.jpeg

I’m happy yet surprised to say that I’m a Splattershot Jr main once again. I’ve come full circle as that was my main in Splatoon 1 as well. For Splatoon 2 I switched to the Sploosh but I’m back to loving the trusty ole Jr once again. :)

Last edited:
Big run news when?

Though seriously Salmon Run is so much fun in this game.
Was really hoping for a Big Run this month, or something at least.
Surprised we got nothing.

Does anyone know if it was said that there would be something monthly, or was it something we all just assumed somehow?

Finally got my JP copy of Splatoon 3 right before noon. Once I get off of work and play the game, I'll expand on this post.

EDIT 11/2: Finally had the chance to play the game as soon as I got home. Similar gameplay, similar frustration and bad teammates; similar erratic gameplay. It's more Splatoon, and that's fine by me. Still have to progress through Hero Mode, though.

Last edited:
I finally have shells to fuel my gacha addiction but all I'm getting is food tickets😭 I hate the shell-out machine😭😭

I finally have shells to fuel my gacha addiction but all I'm getting is food tickets😭 I hate the shell-out machine😭😭
I feel you. After seeing the sea snail in Hotlantis, I’ve been saving up to 333k to buy one the next opportunity that arises, forgoing all sorts of things because I have so little time to grind for cash. My friend who is indifferent to the sea snail got it from the shell out machine randomly and I’m pretty sure 80%+ of my daily shell-outs are food tickets.

I feel you. After seeing the sea snail in Hotlantis, I’ve been saving up to 333k to buy one the next opportunity that arises, forgoing all sorts of things because I have so little time to grind for cash. My friend who is indifferent to the sea snail got it from the shell out machine randomly and I’m pretty sure 80%+ of my daily shell-outs are food tickets.
Wow, some people have all the luck. I'm pretty sure I've seen a locker with 3 of those shells & it makes me wonder if that person got them all from the shell-out machine... (meanwhile I'm just sitting here praying for tableturf card packs 🥲)

Wow, some people have all the luck. I'm pretty sure I've seen a locker with 3 of those shells & it makes me wonder if that person got them all from the shell-out machine... (meanwhile I'm just sitting here praying for tableturf card packs 🥲)
Maybe but maybe not. This friend also had the shell in her shop the same day with enough cash to purchase it. 🥲 She said she would have bought it but didn’t put of principle.

I hope you get some good packs soon!

Maybe but maybe not. This friend also had the shell in her shop the same day with enough cash to purchase it. 🥲 She said she would have bought it but didn’t put of principle.

I hope you get some good packs soon!
I can't even imagine having more than 50k at any moment. Whenever I make cash there's always something to spend it on. There's just too many money sinks in this game LOL. Best of luck on your shell out pulls too!!

I can't even imagine having more than 50k at any moment. Whenever I make cash there's always something to spend it on. There's just too many money sinks in this game LOL. Best of luck on your shell out pulls too!!
Bhaha! 100%! I was broke by the end of the day every day until I got determined to save for this thing. And thank you! We’ll get it eventually! :’P

Lul. That was the most unanimous Splatfest win ever. I can’t say I didn’t suspect this win, but dang. Haha

Edit: I’m not being cocky either. This wasn’t my team that won. :p

Last edited:
Back