Spilled water on macbook air keyboard? RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no :(

I cringed when you said you used a hairdryer on it. I hope it was on the cool setting! Anything else can exacerbate the problem. When this happened to my mac, it was the logic board that was ruined. If it's the charging port, I would guess a few hundred dollars to fix, although it is supposed to be a fairly easy do-it-yourself (depending on which macbook you have). If it's the logic board like mine, it is going to cost A LOT. $700-$1000 probably. Since mine was a few years old, I just went ahead and bought a new one, rather than fixing it.

I'm kinda thinking it's the logic board too :/ ugh im hoping it's not though. We'll find out wednesday. I paid a little over 1k of my own money for it so im hoping my mom will help me out and i just pay everything i have now. I need it for school

I recommend those silicon keyboard covers...those can really save your butt. Hope your computer is ok!

Requesting a mod to close this thread but i just got back from the store and bae turned on! I got very very lucky. The guy said i will be fine but i have to wait a few weeks to be certain. Just a connection issue with the battery/magsafe port. Most likely my charging phone had shortened it out

Turn off your computer immediately and do not turn it back on until your system is completely dry. Doing so will likely cause damage to the system.

Unplug your laptop from the electrical socket and unplug all devices connected to the laptop. Remove those devices from the laptop as well.

Take out the battery from your laptop and set it aside.

Wipe down the outside your laptop with a soft, dry cloth with gentle pressure. Turn you computer over on it side, partially opened, so that all liquid can drain out from the laptop. Leave the laptop in this position for 48 hours so it can dry out completely. Never attempt to use a hairdryer to dry out your laptop, as this may damage internal parts.

Turn on your computer after 48 hours. If your computer will not turn on after you put the battery back in and plug in the system, you will need to take your computer to a technician for examination to see if it can be fixed.

Turn off your computer immediately and do not turn it back on until your system is completely dry. Doing so will likely cause damage to the system.

Unplug your laptop from the electrical socket and unplug all devices connected to the laptop. Remove those devices from the laptop as well.

Take out the battery from your laptop and set it aside.

Wipe down the outside your laptop with a soft, dry cloth with gentle pressure. Turn you computer over on it side, partially opened, so that all liquid can drain out from the laptop. Leave the laptop in this position for 48 hours so it can dry out completely. Never attempt to use a hairdryer to dry out your laptop, as this may damage internal parts.

Turn on your computer after 48 hours. If your computer will not turn on after you put the battery back in and plug in the system, you will need to take your computer to a technician for examination to see if it can be fixed.

i appreciate the advice but i already had this problem solved and all is good. i have requested a mod to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back