• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pokémon SOS only battle Pokémon Guide

V-drift

Bells
Lobo
Tasty Cake
Guide to finding SOS battle only Pok?mons

Okay, so for some reason, Game Freak had to make finding Pok?mon even more tedious now as some pok?mons are only found when certain pok?mon gets nervous and calls for help. And I though, since not everyone does research, why not make a list for other users to know what pok?mon people needs to find in order to catch certain pok?mon with the SOS battle feature? So, here are the pok?mons with all the options of routes and cities needed to find in order to summon the ones that only appears during an SOS battle. Remember to take a few adrenaline orbs with you to make the wild pok?mon nervous to call for help more often in case the one summoned is not the one you wanted and avoid taking forever.

Happiny - Find a Pichu in a specific grass patch close to Iki Town in route 1 and let it call for help (I recommend this one). In route 4 find an Igglypuff and let it call for help. Route 5 in a grass patch behind the Pok?mon center, find a Bonsly and let it call for help. Route 6 as you walk down while going to the left, in that specific grass patch, search an Igglypuff and let it call for help. In Hau'Oli city, search for a Pichu and let it call for help. And in Lush Jungle, search for a bonsly and let it call for help.

Sableye - Go to Ten Carat Hill and search for a Carbink. It can be on the seafloor or the entrance close to Kukui's lab. Just make sure it is a Carbink and let it call for help (I recommend this one). In vast Poni Canyon, you can also find Carbink to call Sableye for help. But it has to be inside the cave.

Mareanie - In route 9, you will go fish for a Corsala and let it call for help. In Melemele sea, you will call Lapras to search the special fishing spot and try to fish Corsola (If Corsola did not appear, restart the special fishing spot by flying to your house and running back to Melemele Sea). Then once Corsola appears, let it call for help. I recommend the Melemele Sea one as the route 9 has a 5% chance of a Corsola appearing while Melemele sea is 20% in special fishing spots.

So far these are the only three pok?mons I know as SOS battle only Pok?mons unfortunately. I tried searching more in pok?mon site for others that are SOS battle only pok?mon, but strangely, the other I found are either easier to just evolve one commonly found pok?mon, can be found in another place much easier or not SOS battle only. If you guys would like a full list of Pok?mon that appear as SOS battle only, meaning there is no other way to find it in some routes or sea, do tell me and I'll update it. Also, I don't have National Dex yet, so unsure if Pok?mon outside of Alola region are SOS battle only as well.

Hope anyone who is struggling to find these SOS battle only Pok?mon find this useful!

Last edited:
Dang. I didn't know Serebii already has it all. ^^; I was hoping I could do a guide. But I guess serebii beat me to it. Thanks, bud. I'll see if I can make a guide Pok?mon related of something else. That or edit it later anyways in case people don't want to enter the site.

Back