some of the most nerve-wracking things while playing

calintz

please standby
Bells
i won't count favorite villagers moving since that generally fills anxiety & dread whenever i load up the game, so mine has to be interaction with other mayors who aren't my friends. how much small talk do they want/expect/etc? do i use my emotions? what if i don't type fast enough and they end & i can't say thank you or whatever else i have to say, etcetcetc. (?﹃? ;;; )

what makes you nervous in acnl? ヾ(;?▽`A

i'm exactly the same, or i feel like i'm being a bad host by not preparing anything for them.. as if it was real life lol.

I'm paranoid about accidentally selling my tools. I always double check

I'm paranoid about accidentally selling my tools. I always double check

yanno, this should worry me more since i've done it three times already D: always hafta go out & rebuy my golden tools orz

fishing fishing fishing fishing fishing. ;~;

esp late at night fishing.

or scorp/tarantula encounters... ._.

fishing fishing fishing fishing fishing. ;~;

esp late at night fishing.

or scorp/tarantula encounters... ._.

if it's reeling in when fishing that's giving you problems, i got good advice when i first started the game: don't look at the screen, just listen to the water c: it's helped me catch everything o/

Staying out of town too long and someone might change their shirt when i'm not looking.

Plot resetting, as well as finding a plotted villager you didn't expect after loading one of your characters. :/

I definitely also agree with having other players over being one of the most nerve-wracking things. I'm never really sure what to do, either, but it's mostly only a problem when they go through my town, since I don't want them to steal my hybrids and whatnot, but I also don't want to follow them because it's awkward. I usually just let them do their own thing and either patrol my town (while trying to avoid them) or guard areas where I have lots of hybrids.

Staying out of town too long and someone might change their shirt when i'm not looking.

this happened to me. D: i was fixing a room, came outside, and toby had changed his shirt. =A=;;; took forever to get him back in his original & make sure he didn't ruin his house with the extra shirt. orz

Plot resetting, as well as finding a plotted villager you didn't expect after loading one of your characters. :/

I definitely also agree with having other players over being one of the most nerve-wracking things. I'm never really sure what to do, either, but it's mostly only a problem when they go through my town, since I don't want them to steal my hybrids and whatnot, but I also don't want to follow them because it's awkward. I usually just let them do their own thing and either patrol my town (while trying to avoid them) or guard areas where I have lots of hybrids.

yeah, that's always awkward. 'w';;; i only let friends roam unsupervised. otherwise, it's magic hand-holding pre-school time, travel in a group, hands inside the car at all times...lololol orz

Used to be bug catching late at night at the island. It's so quiet and I would sometimes accidentally scare off a beetle which would make a very loud sound which in-turn would make me jump. I think the sounds for the beetles flying and snowballs breaking should be made quieter.

when is late at night usually I play with sound shut off (like right now)^^

Last edited:
fishing and doing trades with other players are the most nerve-wraccking for me tbh

Shaking trees and anticipating which one will have bees. Gotta be quick with the net or save button!

Selling items I wanted to keep is definitely a top. I try to shove things in letters now to prevent my fingers from slipping.

Also, diving for some reason is DDD:. I get so antsy when whatever's underneath moves too quickly.

the loading screen.
i get worried if it says "you know, (villager i like), is leaving tomorrow." if i haven't played for a week
also, a little unrelated, i had this weird dream where in-game there was a chance whenever i walked or ran around any part of the town this creepy gyroid would pop up and i would have to mash the buttons to get out of its grasp

Villager interactions that involves changing their shirts while trying to landscape my town so I make sure to save and continue after I've accomplished enough things. In some cases, I'll let another mayor/character visit my town just to be safe.

Fishing. I'm an anxious idiot and I press the A button too early all the time. Bug catching is also nerve wracking for me cuz I'm really bad at aiming at bugs on trees with my net. I commonly accidentally hit above the bug or get too close to it, both of which scare it away. Oh, and diving. I'm really slow so I suck at catching anything underwater that isn't completely stagnant. That makes me dread diving so I've never completely finished my deep-sea encyclopedia. I wish our characters could wear a scuba tank or something so they could breathe underwater...

if it's reeling in when fishing that's giving you problems, i got good advice when i first started the game: don't look at the screen, just listen to the water c: it's helped me catch everything o/

That's a good tip. Though it seems like I would be more anxious as I rely on sight more, I'll give it a try. ;o; It sounds like a logical plan. <3 Thanks for the heads up!

Back