Solio's villager plaza

Solio

So-called cynic
Bells
Hello. Yes. I like to draw designs for villagers from time to time.

I'm not that skilled with Digital Art, so don't expect any artpieces in here.
Still, I thought it could be fun to share some of my ideas with the AC-community here on Bell Tree's.
While I do draw quite a lot in my spare time, it's usually not Animal Crossing-related, so my activity in this thread won't be frequent.

My tools: Wacom Intuos Pro S with Photoshop Elements 15 ( no stabilizers, so squiggly lines ahoy)

💰 For the unlikely event that you actually like my mediocre stuff: I dont sell/trade my work. Too much of a hassle. I just wanna share.
✉ I want to remain free with what I draw and how I use my time, so I don't take requests.
💡However, feel free to make suggestions or share your ideas. Of course you'll be credited if I do decide to draw it.
💬 Critique is encouraged. Trust me, I can take it. Just be constructive and polite with your criticism and I'll gladly hear you out.

animal_crossing_villagers__bats_by_skallhati_ddv7m61-fullview.jpg

Bats have been a highly-requested species for villagers. Many artist have already tried their hands at it, so here's my rendition.

I designed a bat villager for each personality-type. Most of them are not based off of anything in particular. However, Natalie is based on a noctule bat and Petra on Honduran white bat.

Name origins

Nos: from Nosferatu
Petra: from Chiroptera the Latin name of the order bats belong to
Nilsson from Eptesicus nilssonii, Northern bat
Elisabeth: from Elizabeth Bathory
Natalie: Natalidae (funnel-eared bats) is a type of bats
Vlad: from Vlad II Dracul, the man that served as an inspiration for the original "dracula".
Carmilla: named after Carmilla, a female vampire
Desmond: derived from the Latin name of the common vampire bat.
animal_crossing_villagers_owls_by_skallhati_de71rad-pre.jpg

To differentiate the villagers from the special characters, I decided to go with a different base model, similar to how Harriet and Isabelle are different to the regular dog-villagers. This model is shorter and a bit more round than that of Blathers/Celeste, roughly the size of penguins. The "ears" are also a lot less pronounced.

I am always very cautious when designing an entirely new species, so the designs are rather subdued. They're mostly based of different owls. Here's some info about the various designs:

Talon, jock: Talon is the first owl I designed. The concept is loosey based on the Madagascan Red Owl, but takes a lot of liberties.
Minnie, peppy: Named after Minerva, the Roman goddess of wisdom, whose symbol is the owl. She's based off of the Little Owl.
Hugo, lazy: Name was chosen due to the phonetic resemblance to "hoot". He was designed to look sleepy. Not much else.
Noelle, snooty: Noelle is based on the Snowy Owl.
Palla, sweet ("normal"): Palla is based on a Barn Owl. Her name comes from "Pallas", a byname of the Greek goddess Athene, who is associated with owls and wisdom.
Ludwig, smug: Name was chosen randomly. His appearance is based on the Tawny fish owl.
Trix, sisterly: Her name comes from strix, a genus of owls.
Hubert, cranky: He is based on the great grey owl.

Last edited:
nice bats! It should be a thing in AC. Like what is taking Nintendo so long xD
To me Desmond is a cranky type because of his name and design

Thank you! I guess they already have so many villagers, they don't want to intruce many more to avoid a Pokémon-situation. That's my guess at least.
Desmond is the cranky, actually. So you are correct in your assumption. (The little icons next to their name indicate their personality-type)

Thank you! I guess they already have so many villagers, they don't want to intruce many more to avoid a Pokémon-situation. That's my guess at least.
Desmond is the cranky, actually. So you are correct in your assumption. (The little icons next to their name indicate their personality-type)
I didn't notice the icons until you pointed it out👀 You're welcome though! And who knows they might add new animal types in the AC game.

i would literally die for all of them omg. the next ac game better include some bats or else i will ✨cry✨

snsjsnnsnz fr though, you’re super talented!! can’t wait to see any more villager designs that you come up with :)

Halloween is fast approaching and I really wanted to design some villagers for the occassion and have done nothing so far! Oh no!
Anyways, before that, I designed another species for villagers: owls!
It's not entirely new, since we already have Blathers and Celeste, but I think it's kind of a waste to not us it for regular villagers.

To differentiate the villagers from the special characters, I decided to go with a different base model, similar to how Harriet and Isabelle are different to the regular dog-villagers. This model is shorter and a bit more round than that of Blathers/Celeste, roughly the size of penguins. The "ears" are also a lot less pronounced.

I am always very cautious when designing an entirely new species, so the designs are rather subdued. They're mostly based of different owls. Here's some info about the various designs:

Talon, jock: Talon is the first owl I designed. The concept is loosey based on the Madagascan Red Owl, but takes a lot of liberties.
Minnie, peppy: Named after Minerva, the Roman goddess of wisdom, whose symbol is the owl. She's based off of the Little Owl.
Hugo, lazy: Name was chosen due to the phonetic resemblance to "hoot". He was designed to look sleepy. Not much else.
Palla, sweet ("normal"): Palla is based on a Barn Owl. Her name comes from "Pallas", a byname of the Greek goddess Athene, who is associated with owls and wisdom.
Ludwig, smug: Name was chosen randomly. His appearance is based on the Tawny fish owl.

Halloween is fast approaching and I really wanted to design some villagers for the occassion and have done nothing so far! Oh no!
Anyways, before that, I designed another species for villagers: owls!
It's not entirely new, since we already have Blathers and Celeste, but I think it's kind of a waste to not us it for regular villagers.

omg trix............ i’m literally begging you to work for nintendo ;u;

You've got great taste in owls <3 I love seeing your villager designs! (I wish nintendo would take notes)
Palla is my favorite b/c she's a barn owl :3

Nilsson!! So cute. I love your owls too, such creative and diverse designs! I think my favorite is Hugo.

Back