• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Soda or Pop?

what do you call it?

• Soda

Votes: 63 61.2%
  • Pop

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 20.4%

• Total voters
I always say pop. I don't know anyone who calls it soda. Maybe it's just where I live...

We don't call them either in Australia (or Melbourne at least). It's just soft drink.

I call it pop, usually. I don't really know anyone who refers to it as soda

Soda.
Here in the South, though, most people call all sodas "Coke". They look at me like I'm crazy when I call it soda. But believe me, if you met me, you'd find it hard to believe that I live in a Southern state like Mississippi.

A lot of people where I live (Minnesota, US) call it pop, but I've grown to call it soda over the years. There have been times where I've said pop in other places and people got confused, so I guess I trained myself to call it soda instead!

it's soda, but there are some northeastern enclaves that still call it 'pop.'

i once lived in a part of the Atlanta area though where everyone called it a coke, as in "you want a coke? what kind? we got sprott, sebmup, cheerhwan, pipsi, and co-cola..." They made fun of me for saying soda and said i sounded like a yankee-boy, and they would exaggerate the 'o' in 'soda' to emphasize how i supposedly sounded, like 'soul-da.'

Way up here in the back of the beyond ... (BC Canada) we call it pop ... I don't know anyone who calls it soda (that's for baking or washing) lol
One exception is Root Beer ... In our family we call it "boot juice" because one of the little 'uns couldn't say root beer properly ❤️

Where I live we call it soda. I've hardly heard pop being used.

Back