• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3DS News Center

Mino said:
I'm not trying to bash the Legend of Zelda, although I don't think the Wii is a very good platform for its titles, but I laughed out loud when I read that SS will be Wind Waker, only the world ]Uh no... It's not...
It's a prequal to Ocarina of Time, it will involve the creation of the Master Sword.

Megamannt125 said:
Mino said:
I'm not trying to bash the Legend of Zelda, although I don't think the Wii is a very good platform for its titles, but I laughed out loud when I read that SS will be Wind Waker, only the world ]Uh no... It's not...
It's a prequal to Ocarina of Time, it will involve the creation of the Master Sword.
That's an excellent synopsis of the plot that in no way makes any reference to the point I was making in the post you quoted. Thank you for your input. I'll give you another chance to figure out what I meant. If not, then I will explain it to you if you wish.

Mino said:
Megamannt125 said:
Mino said:
That's an excellent synopsis of the plot that in no way makes any reference to the point I was making in the post you quoted. Thank you for your input. I'll give you another chance to figure out what I meant. If not, then I will explain it to you if you wish.
I thought you were implying that Wind Waker and Skyward Sword were happening at the same time, but by what you just said I assume you meant story similarity, because ANY Zelda game can be watered down to that simplicity, really, you can take any Zelda game, water it down like that, and all Zelda games will have the same plot.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Examples</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Link to the Past: Link lives a happy life with his uncle, something happens, so he has to defeat evil.
Ocarina of Time: Link lives a happy life in the forest, something happens, so he has to defeat evil.
Wind Waker: Link lives a happy life on an island, something happens, so he has to defeat evil.
Twilight Princess: Link lives a happy life in a village, something happens, so he has to defeat evil.

And so on and so forth, the only real exception to this rule are some of the more unique Zeldas like Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening</div>

Megamannt125 said:
Mino said:
Megamannt125 said:
Mino said:
I thought you were implying that Wind Waker and Skyward Sword were happening at the same time, but by what you just said I assume you meant story similarity, because ANY Zelda game can be watered down to that simplicity, really, you can take any Zelda game, water it down like that, and all Zelda games will have the same plot.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Examples</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Link to the Past: Link lives a happy life with his uncle, something happens, so he has to defeat evil.
Ocarina of Time: Link lives a happy life in the forest, something happens, so he has to defeat evil.
Wind Waker: Link lives a happy life on an island, something happens, so he has to defeat evil.
Twilight Princess: Link lives a happy life in a village, something happens, so he has to defeat evil.

And so on and so forth, the only real exception to this rule are some of the more unique Zeldas like Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening</div>
Closer. What I meant was this:

Wind Waker begins on a bunch of islands. Beneath these islands, unbeknownst to the population above, lies an entire world.

Skyward Sword begins on a bunch floating islands. Beneath these islands, unbeknownst to the population above, lies an entire world.

Mino said:
Megamannt125 said:
Mino said:
Megamannt125 said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
]Closer. What I meant was this:

Wind Waker begins on a bunch of islands. Beneath these islands, unbeknownst to the population above, lies an entire world.

Skyward Sword begins on a bunch floating islands. Beneath these islands, unbeknownst to the population above, lies an entire world.
Oh I see, but the difference here, is the world below will serve a purpose other than the place you get the Master Sword and where the final battle takes place.

Megamannt125 said:
Mino said:
Megamannt125 said:
Mino said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
]Closer. What I meant was this:

Oh I see, but the difference here, is the world below will serve a purpose other than the place you get the Master Sword and where the final battle takes place.
Yeah, I know that. Still, it is basically the same idea.

Megamannt125 said:
Zex said:
wtf ocarina of time 3ds?!?! thats awesome!!

<small>still not getting it...</small>
You did not know about it?
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Screenshots</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
0.png
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
</div>It's not just a port, it's a full on remake, with enhanced graphics and a few changes, maybe even some new stuff like Super Mario 64 DS. Aonuma wants it to be unique, not just a re-release of Ocarina of Time.
OoT had so many glitches. xD
Some that if you encountered, you couldn't get out.

Alright, it's been a while and I forgot about this topic, so there's a few new things.
I'm not going to bother editing the first post right now, so here's the stuff:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Skyward Sword goes before Ocarina of Time, Master Timeline confirmed</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">"Yes there is a master timeline but its confidential document!" explains Aunuma-san. "The only people to have access to that document are myself, Mr. Miyamoto and the director of the title. We cant share it with anyone else! I have already talked to Mr. Miyamoto about this so I am comfortable in releasing this information - this title [Skyward Sword] takes place before Ocarina of Time. if I said that a certain title was 'the first Zelda game', then that means that we cant ever make a title that takes place before that! So for us to add titles to the series, we have to have a way of putting the titles before or after each other."</div><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Zelda is in Skyward Sword, possible uses of the beetle in racing</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=131227</div><div class='spoiler_toggle'>OOT 3DS Footage</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vusCtrcemkI&feature=player_embedded</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>New OOT 3DS Screenshots and footage</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='http://www.youtube.com/v/wPCsFAmIxCM&feature=player_embedded'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/wPCsFAmIxCM&feature=player_embedded' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object>
img_4-2.jpg

img_4-3.jpg

img_4-1.jpg

img_4-4.jpg
</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
-3DS will release in North America and Europe in March of 2011, though no price was given. In Japan, Febuary 26th at a cost of 25000 yen (approximately $298.61 in US currency

Back