• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3DS News Center

Megamannt125

Bells
zeldanews2.png

For all the delicous Zelda news on upcoming Zelda games (since people are too lazy to browse Zelda sites) I will be posting updates on these games (much like I did with Spirit Tracks, but without multiple threads.)

First let's round up as much news that has come out so far.
http://www.youtube.com/v/qSXLBmgK5Mg&feature=related&autoplay=1

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Storyline of Skyward Sword</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">6:45: How many people remember the scene where Link dives off the cliff in the trailer? That's a very important point for the storyline. This time around, Link is born and raised in a land called Sky Loft, a land floating above the clouds. It may sound unique for someone to live on a floating land, but Link finds it ordinary. A land beneath the clouds is discovered, it's ruled by evil forces, but Link is forced to go there. Link has to travel between the two lands in this adventure. The Skyward Sword is his driving force behind his traveling between lands. That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword...but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. (laughs). </div><div class='spoiler_toggle'>What's with the artstyle?</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">6:47: There will be lots of visual cues to identify enemy attacks and weaknesses, and the best way of relaying this to the player is through overexaggerating character designs, so full realism just wouldn't work. If we used the same graphics from Twilight Princess, the game would already be done.</div><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Remember the Iron Boots in Ocarina of Time?</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">6:51: Mr. Aonuma was a victim of Ocarina of Time, where I kidnapped him for a project. He has something to share. You know the Water Temple? Who thought it was tough or even horrible? I've lived with that for the last ten odd years. But with the 3DS we have a touch screen. You had to take off and on the iron boots constantly, right? So I'd like to lay the evil shame to rest, and add a feature to make the iron boots control much easier.</div><div class='spoiler_toggle'>The annoying HUD of Skyward Sword will have the option of being turned off</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">7:03: In Zelda, is the HUD a work in progress, with the on-screen controller? It was designed and implemented for E3. Will it change? Yes. At E3 we're throwing a lot of things at you at once, and we made something for people to quickly understand. We've had HUD in past Zelda games, and you've always had the option to turn it off with a button.</div><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Skyward Sword will have orchestrated music</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">7:06: Will Zelda have orchestral music and/or voice acting? We can't do what we did in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and not move forward and do the same thing in Zelda. We have people on staff looking forward to getting to work on that.</div><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Aonuma doesn't want Zelda to be easy</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">

Bacon Boy said:
sakura said:
I hated the iron boots. @_@
I really thought nothing of it. Just the fact that you had to go into the menu every single time.
It was really annoying for me.
I hope there will be wifi this time. 8D Multiplayer online and we could explore together. <3
I hope there won't be redeads in this one. I always hated how t hey rape you. X_X

sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
sakura said:
I really thought nothing of it. Just the fact that you had to go into the menu every single time.
I hope there will be wifi this time. 8D Multiplayer online and we could explore together. <3
I hope there won't be redeads in this one. I always hated how t hey rape you. X_X
I always thought it was sexy. <3
j/k

Bacon Boy said:
sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
sakura said:
j/k
The redeads?
I remember when I was a kid, whenever I saw a redead I would throw stuff at the screen. X_X I had to wait until I was 8 to beat that part. xD

sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
j/k
The redeads?
I remember when I was a kid, whenever I saw a redead I would throw stuff at the screen. X_X I had to wait until I was 8 to beat that part. xD
I could never go into the well until I was at least 10.

sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
j/k
The redeads?
Haha. I remember seeing those things, running like hell to the other side, getting the song, more running like hell, oh noes screaming, more running like hell.

Then I got to the Water Temple and stopped playing. Because of that damned Temple.

Tom said:
sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
sakura said:
j/k
The redeads?
Haha. I remember seeing those things, running like hell to the other side, getting the song, more running like hell, oh noes screaming, more running like hell.

Then I got to the Water Temple and stopped playing. Because of that damned Temple.
I beat OoT last year. xD
I was always afraid of the spider room for some reason. That place where you get prizes for getting those Spider coin things? =P

Bet you guys can't wait to see all of this in 3D:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Nightmares</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Btww.jpg
Shadowtempleinside.jpg
Floormaster5.jpg
Shadow_temple_run.jpg
Bongobongoscreen5.jpg
ReDead.png
Wallmaster.png
Skulltula.jpg

Deadhand.jpg
1276738688985.png
1276892034342.jpg
Dead_Hand.png
http://www.youtube.com/v/LYelspwH2lY&autoplay=1</div>

OM*G REDEAD.
X-X I'm still scared of that thing. xD

Megamannt125 said:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Nightmares</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Btww.jpg
Shadowtempleinside.jpg
Floormaster5.jpg
Shadow_temple_run.jpg
Bongobongoscreen5.jpg
ReDead.png
Wallmaster.png
Skulltula.jpg

Deadhand.jpg
1276738688985.png
1276892034342.jpg
Dead_Hand.png
Can't wait to beat it on a third Console.

The thing I always hated about LoZ were those damned hands at the Forest temple.

I shat my pants just seeing that shadow.

THE HORROR.

But when I beat water temple I raved.

UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE *fist pumps*

So is the OoT 3DS remake confirmed for release???

I might actually beat it if it really does come out on it...

sakura said:
I LOVE them! :veryhappy:

Excited for SS but not so much for OoT 3DS (Only because I most likely won't be able to get a 3DS as much as I'd like to).

Megamannt125 said:
Btww.jpg
Shadowtempleinside.jpg
Floormaster5.jpg
Shadow_temple_run.jpg
Bongobongoscreen5.jpg
ReDead.png
Wallmaster.png
Skulltula.jpg

Deadhand.jpg
1276738688985.png
1276892034342.jpg
Dead_Hand.png
I hate that *censored.3.0*ing dead hand... :/

A new interview reveals more details about the Skyward Sword.
NZG: My first question is about the story in Skyward Sword. What details can you give about the story as it stands now?

Aonuma San (via Mr. O'Leary): Well, you saw the trailer this morning, and the presentation. The final scene is Link jumping off those cliffs and diving through the bank of clouds, and that's a very key element behind the story in the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. This time around, Link is living on a series of floating islands above the coulds, and that land is called Skyloft. Link lives in this floating land, and it's his natural world, so he doesn't think there's anything strange about living above the clouds. One day, an incident occurs, and he discovers that beneath the clouds is another world, and that world is ruled by an evil force. And the thing that leads link on in his adventure and guides him is the titular sword - the Skyward Sword. When the sword is leading Link and helping him do things, it actually transforms into a human figure. [In] the artwork revealed at E3 last year, that was the figure that was in that artwork. So basically the story evolves in his travelling from Skyloft to the land below, and back and forth, as he is lead by the Skyward Sword. As he travels, the story of how the land below came to be ruled by these evil forces is revealed.
Something interesting, is it reveals Skyloft isn't just one area in the clouds, it's a whole land of islands in the sky.

Full interview can be read here if you like, there is not many details on Skyward Sword, just a few questions about Zelda.

sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
sakura said:
Bacon Boy said:
j/k
The redeads?
I was 4 when I first played Ocarina Of Time. Needless to say, I screamed when a Re-Dead attacked me. :p I didn't turn the N64 on for a few months after that.

Back