• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piichinu

live laugh love :)
Bells
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Coco
Ruby
Heart Glow Wand
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Yoshi Easter Egg
I'm considering breaking my glasses so I don't have to go to school today. Or just popping a lens out (I need new lens and my moms been telling me to get new ones)

Okay first of all u need to know that I have unreasonable parents. They make me go to school even if I throw up and I just end up being sent home. Things like that you know.

So today I just can't go to school. I genuinely don't have the energy and I feel sick, but I know my mom won't listen. Should I? (Btw don't worry about the cost of new glasses/lens, like I said shes been suggesting new ones)

PS - I haven't been absent once since going to high school (junior now)

Last edited:
by all means, go for it i guess. nothing to lose if you wanna break your glasses since it's already spoiled. when i was younger, i even drank expired milk and nothing happened. ended up going to school in the end zzzzz

Ok thanks for the advice guys

@mariah the nurse lets u stay for 30 mins and then calls your parents. but I don't want it to be like last time where my parents said I was faking and refused to pick me up LOL

@snoo I think this should work, yeah. We don't have milk tho, unfortunately

- - - Post Merge - - -

So what does one do when staying home. I don't get it. Am I supposed to be studying? Idk I don't want to make her mad if I end up staying home (nothing to study btw)

Last edited:
Go to school. If you feel sick tell your parents and if they don't listen then go straight to the nurse.

Don't break things your parents need to pay for. Regardless of whether or not you need new ones that's just inconsiderate.

If your parents won't let you skip school because you are sick, then what makes you think that they are going to let you skip school just because you don't have your glasses? Like Tina said, breaking a pair of glasses that costs hundreds of dollars for your parents just so you can miss a day of school is selfish and disrespectful. Just hide out in the school bathroom if you feel like throwing up.

If your parents won't let you skip school because you are sick, then what makes you think that they are going to let you skip school just because you don't have your glasses? Like Tina said, breaking a pair of glasses that costs hundreds of dollars for your parents just so you can miss a day of school is selfish and disrespectful. Just hide out in the school bathroom if you feel like throwing up.
their issue is that they think im faking. you cant fake not being able to see (my vision is really bad).
i was trying to avoid saying this in the op so i said the other thing, but plz ignore the price factor, trust me on this. i can see how this would seem disrespectful but my parents really arent the nicest parents in the world (which is why theyre divorced :)) but i dont want to get into that bc its super personal. lets just say the only thing theyre good at is giving me money. thanks for ur input tho

Go to school. If you feel sick tell your parents and if they don't listen then go straight to the nurse.

Don't break things your parents need to pay for. Regardless of whether or not you need new ones that's just inconsiderate.
i can see how thatd be inconsiderate but in my old school, they told the nurse i was faking and not to listen to anything i said, and this was about 2 years before i graduated and then the school would always give me grief about feeling sick (even though its super rare) and they kinda ruined my reputation inside of my classes, too. they caused a huge deal and a ton of drama and it was embarrassing. i dont want that to happen here (and no they havent changed at all since that one time, if anything theyve gotten worse).
maybe im just annoyed bc if my older brother says he has a freaking headache they let him stay, and thats weird because hes doing worse in school than i am.

--

ok im just gonna outright say this my parents were abusive (mostly my dad) the law got involved during the divorce and yeah so plz try to view from my perspective

Last edited:
How weird. I accidentally popped out my glasses lens yesterday. I had an extra pair, but if I didn't I'd be staying home today. Your parents should really let you stay home if you're not feeling well. Missing a day of high school isn't going to ruin your grades I mean really. I wouldn't break your glasses though. Even if they can afford it it's still dishonest to do that to them.

yeah i agree its so dishonest but i cant stop myself from justifying it. two weeks ago my mom was asking me when to schedule a glasses appointment, and that isnt rly helping me not want to break my glasses

That isn't really a justification. Your parents might not be nice people but that doesn't mean you should be manipulative to get your way. Just go to school and if you're really sick the nurse will clearly be able to see that.

alright maybe ill just show up late enough so that im tardy but at the same time i wont need a call from my mom. lets just pray the nurse for some reason doesnt call her so i dont get my ass whooped

That isn't really a justification. Your parents might not be nice people but that doesn't mean you should be manipulative to get your way. Just go to school and if you're really sick the nurse will clearly be able to see that.

This, basically.

Even if your parents push you hard even when things get hard for you,breaking stuff that they're paying for is totally inconsiderate and definitely not the best thing to do. Maybe go to the nurse's office and be like "What the hell, I'm not going to class I want my parents to pick me up can't you see I'm sick" because just like Tina said she'll be able to see you're sick and not actually faking it. but definitely don't do anything like what you're thinking of doing. That's essentially inconsiderate and manipulative of you.

Last edited:
If you're a good enough actor to pull it off, then go for it, but understand if your parents catch wind of it at all its going to rain down on you like hellfire.

Tbh you sound like a brat. Go to school. If you throw up, you throw up and then you go home. Or go and then if you really don't feel good leave early. But what it sounds like is that you're completely dependent on your parent/s, so if your mom tells you to go to school than instead of being immature just go to school. Plus I'm kind of surprised that you're a junior in high school tbh you're acting like a 5th grader

It's wrong to lie and be dishonest... I know that we all want to take days off when we feel low on energy and we feel like we physically cannot face the day. But let's face it - taking a day off school is not going to be worth it in the end. You'll just end up having to catch up on lots of work later on and be behind in your subjects, and if your parents SOMEHOW found out you did it on purpose, they'll be less willing to trust you later on. I mean hopefully they may become more trusting with you in time, but... If you do stuff like this, well, it's only going to give them MORE of a reason to not let you have days off when you are genuinely ill. Plus, sometimes I find when I go to school after feeling like I just wanted to stay at home and feel all sorry for myself, I actually feel much better. Just go out, get fresh air, talk to friends, smile at people, be nice to others and so on and so forth, and you may find you feel much better in the end. Otherwise you will just regret it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back