• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Should i start a new town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

natsu34

Bells
Cake
I am wondering if i should start a new town. I really want to do the "original" way (no tt) because back then, i could not wait. But now since i came back from vacation for a month, my town is destroyed.

keep:
-got over 100 golden flowers.
-got a nice home (complete)
-a lot of bushes
-shopping street 100% complete
-lots of streetpass.
-great town

restart:
-lost BOB
-lost Cookie
-Lost OLIVIA
-lost the cycle of golden roses
-lost Julian
-lost my blues (roses and pansies)
-loosing business
-B-R-O-O-K-E

Well I can't tell you that you should, but I could hold all your items for you if you restart ^~^

You can get everything back eventually. Villagers with cycling threads, items and bells with giveaways and stuff, flowers with watering cans and patience. I personally like resetting and starting afresh, especially since I TTd in my last town. In the end, it's entirely up to you.

If you know a lot of people who plays ACNL, then streetpass wouldn't be much of a problem. The hardest part is working back on anything that is luck/randomization based (Crazy Red's paintings and Catalog for example). If you like your current town, then don't reset. Playing the game the original way isn't big enough of a reason to throw away the amount of effort you placed on this town.

Think. Would you regret it in the end? Would you want to go back to your old layout, town, landscape, flowers, villagers, items, bells? Or would you be glad you restarted, got rid of it all, and got a new layout. A new town, a new set of villagers. New items, new flowers, new/more bells. Just.. take a moment to think if you'd regret it or not. If you don't think you would, do it. If you think you might regret it, think harder and maybe just chill in your town for a bit. You'll decide whether to or not eventually. :)

I'm in a similar situation right now.
I like my town alright and have quite a few accomplishments but I just want to restart.
At this point, I have found people who can hold a couple of villagers/items/bells for me but I'm beginning to reconsider.
I think I mainly have a desire for a new town rather than to get rid of my current one. In which case, I'm considering just buying a second copy of new leaf.
In short, I think you should really just think about why you want to restart your town. Is it because you want to get away from your current town? Or is it rather because you want a new town just because?
Maybe you also want to restart because you want to try again (per say) in the game. Or maybe you just want to play the game over again since you've already completed some of the main 'goals' that you can complete in the game.
Remember, you can always have people hold some of your stuff for you if you do want to restart. But whatever you do, before you do it: WEIGH ALL OF YOUR OPTIONS. Whether it be to buy a second copy of the game, resetting or maybe neither.

I restarted my town and really enjoyed taking my time with it instead of rushing like I did with my first town. :] It was definitely worth it for me, because I had gotten bored with my original town, and the daily tasks began to feel like chores. I lost my PWPs, tools, villagers and accomplishments, but resetting really restored the fun for me! I love my second town much more. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back