• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I restart my town?

Vinathi

💫
Bells
Hey guys!

So, I've had my game since January and for the past few weeks, I've been thinking if I should restart my town, but I don't know if I should. </3

Reasons why I don't want to restart:
-I have 9/10 dreamies.
-I paid off all of my house debt.
-I worked pretty hard for the interior of my house.

Reasons why I do want to restart:
-My map is perfectly symmetrical, but it has a crowded feeling to it
-A few of my villagers are in awkward places (forgot to do the village resetting trick on some)
-I don't like where I placed some of the PWP (campsite, police station)

The fact that I have almost all of my dreamies are stopping me from resetting my town. But, I really want to restart it before I get too far because my town is still messy and I haven't placed much paths down. Plus, I don't like the crowded feeling.

Please help me! D:

Hmm... Get another copy of the game maybe? Wouldn't be able to trade between your own two towns without another DS, but you could start a new town.

Or renovate your town. But since you said you have 9/10 dreamies, one or more of 'em prolly placed their houses in awkward spots. So there'd always be that.

Last edited:
I've reset my town twice and I actually intend to reset again soon to the town in my signature. I worked hard on all the towns, but the layouts and villager placements made me too frustrated to continue playing my game. It's fun starting a new town, it gives you a fresher feeling and more challenges to overcome again. You can also ask others to hold your villagers for you, but you should probably find some trustworthy people!

However, if you really, really love your town that much to the point where you're too hesitant to let go of it, you shouldn't reset. But if you're willing to let go of some things and start something new, then you should!

I've reset my town twice and I actually intend to reset again soon to the town in my signature. I worked hard on all the towns, but the layouts and villager placements made me too frustrated to continue playing my game. It's fun starting a new town, it gives you a fresher feeling and more challenges to overcome again. You can also ask others to hold your villagers for you, but you should probably find some trustworthy people!

However, if you really, really love your town that much to the point where you're too hesitant to let go of it, you shouldn't reset. But if you're willing to let go of some things and start something new, then you should!

That's actually a good perspective when it comes to restarting a town. I'm not completely in love with my town, so I'll probably restart it. Although the villagers... Hopefully I'll be able to get my friends to hold them

Thank you for your reply!

You can always sell/giveaway the villagers, that way, it won't be like losing them right? (Giving them to homes, especially when the other person has them as a dreamie) You can always replace dreamies, and decide on new ones. The fun of ACNL is resetting, working hard, and then giving back to others, for me at least. xD And since now you're more experienced, it'll work out better and you'll know what you want so it'll be easier to plan ~ Good luck :D

You can also use the plot reset trick after you restart to reset for your dreamies or popular villagers to trade for your dreamies. You'll have 5 starters but for each day following you'll have a plot appear till you're at nine which means four chances for resetting for popular villagers or your dream ones.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also people are usually easily found that will hold your items/bells so you don't necessarily have to lose everything you did inside your house. :)

Last edited:
Back