• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I buy this?

Dinosaurz

Liam
Bells
Switch
2230-1915-6718
Festival Lantern
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Froggy Snowman
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
I might buy this, I'm really not sure though because money doesn't come easily. I only buy ds games but I think I might buy this. Should I?

Its just a pure decorating house game, plus once you start, you most likely will spend a quite a bit on purchasing more cards .

So if money is tight for you, personally i wouldn't recommended it.

Since its unlike normal AC game, hours putting in might be very short if you can only buy a few packs.

For me , i wont buy.

It looks like they took the house mechanic from New Leaf and made it much more deeper, so if you enjoy messing around with your house in New Leaf, then yes, if not, then of course I wouldn't buy it.

Personally, I'm getting it, looks fun.

I don't think you should. I know I'm skipping it. Although I love the franchise, this game just doesn't have enough of a "wow" factor to make me spend money on it, especially since you have to spend extra on the cards. I think I'll stick with New Leaf for now. :)

The game doesn't release for another 3 months, so there's no rush to make up your mind now or any time soon. If you're still unsure just watch some videos on YouTube when the game releases in japan on July 30 and see then. I personally think the game will be great, but can see how others might not enjoy it. So yeah,just watch a couple of vids in YouTube after JPN release and see if you like it :)

Personally, I think it's worth it since the game will have an edition bundled with the amiibo adapter which may or may not be useful to you, especially if you plan on getting a newDS eventually which already has NFC capibilities. I suggest you wait for more footage and make up your mind then.

this type of game is my cup of tea so I'm definitely going to get it. if you enjoy games like the sims and if you enjoyed decorating houses in AC then go for it because this looks like a much more polished version of that and the game looks very cute and relaxing plus you can hang out with many villagers in one room lol

you should try it! im really excited for it, from what they released recently, the teasers seem like it will be a lot more than just a decorating game.

I'm getting it no matter what. I am very excited about this game. I think that if you can afford it, get it. Also, aren't the cards optional?

I'm getting it no matter what. I am very excited about this game. I think that if you can afford it, get it. Also, aren't the cards optional?

Yes, they are; Justin updated the news thread with a link to an interview with the series director. You WILL need the cards for special NPCs, however.

at first i was a little hesitant to buy this because I own a 3ds xl and not the new3ds. I really dont want to bother buying a new3ds since im saving up for a ps4. buying a card reader thing for amiibo is also a bit weird for me.

but they do say that you dont need the cards to play the game so maybe ill pick this one up. if they can promise me that the amiibo cards can be used in future animal crossing games...i will definitely buy a new3ds just for this game.

i believe that it my whole existence, animal crossing new leaf is the best game i have played. other games i finish and toss away in my closet. but new leaf is the game that i keep playing over and over again. THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PURCHASED.

so if happy designer can promise me that... count me in on day one purchase!

PS: but im never buying the WII U so goodbye amiibo festival

Only if you want to start spending money on amiibo cards to try to get one/any of your dreamies that aren't showing up randomly, so if you don't get it you can use them to trade for the one you want. Personally, I'm getting it, but I have literally every Animal Crossing/doubutsu no mori game, so yes, I also have it preordered and coming next month from Japan.

Back