• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I buy this game

loyo24

Bells
I realllllyy want it for my birthday but idk if the price is right ? is it a huge game because my parents wont buy it for me if it is a bad game for its high price thankssssss!​

It's not a huge game, but I feel like it's big enough to be a decent spin off! If you enjoyed the design aspect of New Leaf you'll like it, but as the user mentioned above, it can get repetitive.

It is a fun game but it is not one you can play for hours. I usually design 2 houses a day and then I take a break. But it is cute and you can take nice screenshots to use to post on Instagram, Tumblr, etc even, to add a little thrill to the game!

It'll for sure be a fun game for you if you like the home designing aspect of New Leaf.

I really like it but it is not something i can play for hours on end. more of a casual game play

Wait for the price to go down (like an eShop offer or something) and then get it at any point in the year. I got it for my birthday and it was okay but not great. It's fun for starters, and as Corrie said, great for screenshots (I post on Instagram myself) but it gets kinda boring.

I liked it, but stopped playing due to the repetitiveness of it. So I recommend saving your money and buying a game that you'd love and appreciate. More importantly, be a game you'd definitely pick up and think, "I can play this almost non-stop"

I was given this game as a gift, but I'm not sure if I would have paid full price for it. I play it for a while and maybe do 2 or 3 houses or one large building and then take a break. It's fun and I really like all the new items, especially the food ones, but it does get repetitive. If you like designing then I would recommend it, or wait until it drops in price if it hasn't already.

If you're a fan of decorating your own home in New Leaf, you'll have fun with this game, especially if you're the creative type.

Other than that, it's all you're doing in this game, I would wait for a price drop tbh.

In personally going to get it for my birthday too. I wanted it for a long time, but you have to think about if you want to spend extra money for cards, if you want more characters. This is a good game if you have free time :).

If you just want a game to casually play and not worry about things, this game will do. There's no competitive or hard-playing required :p

I say... Yes. I think it is just a little overpriced, but it does provide a LOT of content, enough to keep you happy for quite a while.

I just bought it last night and I'm rather enjoying it. It is something some people will love and others not so much. I'm mostly just posting because you commented on the price. I picked it up at Gamestop brand new yesterday for $29.99. Not sure if that's the price you were referring to but it seemed decent to me. Then again I haven't decided if there is any use in buying the card reader for it...

another ''should i buy this game?'' thread. anyway, if designing games are not your kind of genre, you'll just waste your money. and also, the game itself is pretty slow IMO. theres also no rating system or score you must achieve in order to move on to the next villagers house. you can just design however you want or you can make the house looks ****ty and the villager will still love it.

Personally, I love the game and totally got my money's worth out of it. If you don't like the house decorating aspect of New Leaf, you might not like it though as that is *all* you do in this game.

I totally love the design aspect of AC, and this game makes it sooooo much easier to customize rooms/houses with a streamlined interface. I see a lot of people on here are saying it's very casual gameplay - I can easily play my game for as many hours at a time as I would New Leaf (and that's A LOT :p) but I get really into finding all the right things for a character's house - down to finding the perfect QR codes for the outfits of their guests. If future AC games somehow incorporate these amp-ed up design capabilities, I would be one happy camper

Also, I don't just whip through and design a quick house for every character - I skip the others and just pick a few that I really want to do and flush out an entirely done big house/theme for them. Some people like to do quick versions of each character though, so you might find you like one style of gameplay or the other!

So I guess it depends on what you like in AC! If you like house design, I personally put my full recommendation behind it as I absolutely love it. Surprisingly I was not excited by what I saw in previews, I didn't even buy the game when it first came out. But after seeing what other people were doing with their houses I decided to give it a shot, and I'm glad I did!

Here's some examples of how I like to play, and seeing other people who played like this is what encouraged me to try the game:

Clay's house

Resetti's house

Last edited:
I love it and find I play it when I get bored of New leaf. It gives me design ideas for my new leaf house and I think improved my design skills which made my new leaf house look better! I think the games play off eachother. If you're a fan of the interior design aspect of new leaf you will appreciate this game! I've had it for about 6 months and have not finished it if you're wondering about how much content the game offers.

I really agree with the above poster too!

Last edited:
Its so totally worth it , after i went through all the villagers i just went back and finished all of my dreamies homes and updated/perfected them until i felt they were done. So i guess this game does end like, it gets boring its not like new leaf where its open ended and theres new stuff to do everyday lol

The great thing about this game is that the items you can decorate with are sooooo convenient and the designing game style is so much easier and more fluid to control

Id say this game is worth it until you get bored and go back to new leaf xD

I finally gave and bought this for my twenty year old daughter's birthday. That was a week ago and she has not put it down. She loves designing so this game has completely enthralled her. I have watched her playing and honestly, I am going to buy my own copy this weekend, lol. It is just adorable and utterly enchanting. For people who love AC villagers you get to see them sweeping, dancing, drinking tea, sleeping and a host of other super cute activities. For me, that makes it more than worth the price. It is really expansive. After you design for them, you can drop in and visit them, watching what they really do in their homes when we aren't there, lol. For those of us who don't necessarily mind repetition and just enjoy being within the AC world, I think this is a wonderful addition to New Leaf. And let's face it, NL is pretty darn repetitive as well. But that has never bothered me. I highly recommend it.

Back