• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Seriously, what is it with the villagers' obsession with the Freshwater Goby fish?

Bells
The first incident of this occurring was when I was getting a Freshwater Goby for Mira (which took more than half a hour to fish for, hooray), the second incident was when Sheldon wanted to buy a Freshwater Goby from my pocket, after this point, I said screw it and decided to keep a Freshwater Goby in my pocket to see if anyone wanted it, and what do you know, Hugh wanted to buy it from me, though a few exceptions has occurred, the majority of villagers has similar interest with this fish? Has anyone has something similar to this happened to them?

I've never noticed them being particularly interested in the freshwater goby. You're probably getting requests because of having it in your inventory. It might also be in-season. I usually just get lots of requests for pretty common fish that spawn during whichever time of the year. My guess is that the requests to catch specific species are somewhat based on availability, so you're more likely to get requests for common creatures, and I think the freshwater goby is pretty common, right?

In short, it's probably based on what's around plus some degree of coincidence :)

Back