• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Series 2 card and album delay? {UK}

I went into 2 Game UK stores yesterday and they didn't even know Series 2 was out... all they knew about was Amiibo Festival and figures...

I was hoping to buy it yesterday instead of waiting for it to arrive by post next week -_-

at least mine acknowledges it was supposed to be released. I'm more annoyed that on friday morning nintendo said it wasn't going to released on time, so I went on amazon.de and by the time I found out it was up on nintendo later that day it was to late to cancel my order >.<

I don't want to jinx it for myself but if it does arrive with any defects it's going to be super annoying to send it back >.< game is hopeless though

Has anyone who ordered from Nintendo had a dispatch yet? I have expected delivery today, but still awaiting stock pick. s:

Has anyone who ordered from Nintendo had a dispatch yet? I have expected delivery today, but still awaiting stock pick. s:

Nope -_-
I was hoping it would arrive today... I guess not

- - - Post Merge - - -

Edit: mine says "Processing" but I ordered Friday with Standard Delivery :/

Pretty impressed with Amazon de, ordered Friday evening on standard delivery and just got it today, they even rang me to let me know they were there ^-^

Game STILL doesn't have it up though ah, so I guess Nintendo is the only place online in the UK atm

Nope -_-
I was hoping it would arrive today... I guess not

- - - Post Merge - - -

Edit: mine says "Processing" but I ordered Friday with Standard Delivery :/
Colour bandit got there's but they chose next day >< at least it shows they do have it though so hopefully you will get it soon ^-^
Yeah I chose next day (since I knew no one would be home after the weekend to sign for it) and I got the album and four packs of cards, Nintendo is just slow when it comes to non-next day deliveries. Also if you ordered after 9pm it is likely that they wouldn't have started preparing your order until today (Monday) as I don't think anyone works their warehouse at weekends and I ordered before 9pm so they would definitely deliver on Saturday.

Weird, I chose next day on Friday but my cards aren't even dispatched yet. I'm really annoyed with how this happened and hope they actually send them off soon.

I bought mine from GameStop (in Germany) and while I couldn't preorder the cards, just the album, they had them on release day. They even managed to get me a whole box. <3 (Though apparently that was all they had since I didn't see any in their usual display case. Looks like I bought the entire stock then. xD)

Yeah I chose next day (since I knew no one would be home after the weekend to sign for it) and I got the album and four packs of cards, Nintendo is just slow when it comes to non-next day deliveries. Also if you ordered after 9pm it is likely that they wouldn't have started preparing your order until today (Monday) as I don't think anyone works their warehouse at weekends and I ordered before 9pm so they would definitely deliver on Saturday.

I ordered mine at 4pm, and they weren't even listed on the store around 2pm. They're still available to order now too, so they can't be out of stock.

I can't believe Nintendo made a thing of pre-order numbers declining last year, and then follow up with this awful service. This is the 3rd order from them this year that I've had delays on, but atleast the other 2 I got e-mails about. and people wondered why I was adamant I wasn't going to pre-order ACAF and the figures. <_<

EDIT: Literally just got a reply from them:

Thanks for getting in contact with Nintendo.

I am sorry to hear that your order has not yet been despatched. I can confirm that your order is on hold pending some standard security checks. We anticipate that these should be completed later today and we will then provide an update on your order.

We apologise for any inconvenience or upset that this may have caused.

If you require any further information or assistance, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.

Last edited:
Well, this is weird. A few hours after I made my response, I got this in the mail:

Thank you for shopping with Nintendo.

One or more of your items is now ready to dispatch, however there has been a problem processing the payment for your order 61970348.

Unfortunately we are not able to resolve this and you will need to cancel your order and place a new order using an alternative payment method.

If you have any further questions please contact our customer services team and we will be happy to help. Please allow 30 minutes from receiving this e-mail before contacting us. This will ensure our system is updated.

For security reasons please do not send any payment details by email.

So I went on to cancel it and tried again. But then I noticed 10 minutes later that the first attempt was done through Paypal as well, so I attempted to cancel that and put in ANOTHER order, this time through my debit card.

HOWEVER... NINTENDO DECIDED TO SHIP BOTH ORDERS ANYWAY. They're under process of being dispatched right now and I'm to get this so-called grand total of 90 cards, to get at my door tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I know some of you guys would say that I'm lucky for getting so many, but I still think Nintendo's way of handling this is not very organised. Still, if it was the only way to get the Series 2 cards atm, what else can be done? Accept the flaws for what they are and hope for improvements later. ._.

My folder has been dispatched today... to be expected by the 27th :D
I hope it comes tomorrow ha. Probably won't though...

And... re the above post, what security checks do they need to take? :O

My folder has been dispatched today... to be expected by the 27th :D
I hope it comes tomorrow ha. Probably won't though...

And... re the above post, what security checks do they need to take? :O

Sometimes they'll ask for proof of address, like a bank statement {that's what they asked me for when I had tried to order from them}. But I think that's also if your ordering for the first time from them

Received cards from Nintendo Store today that I had ordered on Friday evening.

Cancelled my GAME album order and re-ordered from Nintendo Store last night, and it was dispatched this morning!

Received cards from Nintendo Store today that I had ordered on Friday evening.

Cancelled my GAME album order and re-ordered from Nintendo Store last night, and it was dispatched this morning!

That was quick :O

I got an email earlier this evening saying that my cards from Nintendo UK store has been dispatched. I guess it must just be stock issues that meant they were unusually slow with the dispatch.

I have to say I wasn't to happy with how Nintendo handled the release of this game and the bundles, but nothing beats how GAME has handled this series 2 release. I'm sharing this just so people who did pre order from game cancel and order elsewhere if they haven't by now. They clearly got series 1 album confused with series 2 and still stand by what they said, how it doesn't exist and now won't be released until December 1st, when clearly it's them who haven't gotten the stock. I was tempted though to send them a selfie with my album since it "doesn't exist yet" !

np59ck.png

I have to say I wasn't to happy with how Nintendo handled the release of this game and the bundles, but nothing beats how GAME has handled this series 2 release. I'm sharing this just so people who did pre order from game cancel and order elsewhere if they haven't by now. They clearly got series 1 album confused with series 2 and still stand by what they said, how it doesn't exist and now won't be released until December 1st, when clearly it's them who haven't gotten the stock. I was tempted though to send them a selfie with my album since it "doesn't exist yet" !

np59ck.png

You should do that haha.

I went into 2 GAME stores and they said they don't have the cards or albums and never have... yet one series 1 release they had booster packs hanging up haha.
They told me they were unlikely to even get the albums in and they're only available through their website.

I stuck with Nintendo for this one seems ShopTo (who I used last time and delivered a week early), didn't have a preorder up this time.

I'm getting the feeling Nintendo are shipping for a few weeks, then allowing other retailers stock after.

It's really odd that Amazon.uk hasn't gotten it and that GAME seems so confused. Yet all the 3rd party sellers on Amazon.uk say they have it in stock.

I ordered from GAME as Amazon.uk still isn't offering it, and GAME is the only place I know of that will ship to the US. They at least have sent me a notice that my pre-order is processing and is expected to ship by the release date of December 1st. Their website still has no release date though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm getting the feeling Nintendo are shipping for a few weeks, then allowing other retailers stock after.

Ah! I think you may be on to something there!

I think it could also have something to do with Nintendo and Game not getting along very well in the first place. And I don't imagine Nintendo are impressed Game sells all amiibo at 150% the RRP. (and every other shop not names Argos raised the price to match GAME for series 1) so maybe Nintendo has done this to force them to lower the price. Seeing as everyone is looking elsewhere to order cards now, I bet quite a few people noticed the price drop.

I mean how else do you explain that Smythe's had stock? They were one of the few retailers that actually lowered the price back to ?3.50 for S1. And Argos were never set to get S2 in the first place or it would have been listed separately in their catalogues. And if it was another case of stolen shipment like the Squid amiibo Splatoon bundle, I'd have thought we'd have been e-mailed about it and only Game would be affected. Also, from what I've checked most other places affected are still listing the cards at around ?5.

Last edited:
I picked some up last week from Grainger Games so they are definitely already out.

Last edited:
Back