• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

♪ Seigaiha 🌿 An Idyllic Rivertown 🌿 Three Year Update!

Island/Town Name
Seigaiha
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Cherry
Native Flower
Roses
Bells
Island
Seigaiha
New Horizons Token
Isabelle
Father's Day Carnation
Father's Day Carnation
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
May Birthstone (Emerald)

🌲 ~ Welcome to Seigaiha ~ 🌿

SeigaihaBanner.jpg

🌿
Welcome to my island page! Seigaiha is my original island from day one and while it has been torn down and terraformed multiple times, after nearly 3 years I can finally say that it is complete! I've always been hesitant to say it's been complete since I always ended up creating new projects and - more often - changing/destroying areas that I just built, but I don't think I can possibly cram any more onto this island. My primary focus throughout building the island was flow - I wanted each area to naturally flow into the next, both in the exterior and interior designs. I also wanted to make things as "realistic" looking as possible, so properly scaling everything was quite a challenging process. There might be very minor edits in the future, but for now, I am very happy with the final island! Please feel free to visit, share, and post pictures!
🌿

Dream Address: DA–7204-5927-6160

🎫 Complete!

🗓 Start Date: March 20, 2020
⌛Time Played: 1720 hours (omg)
⛅ Weather Seed: 853974924
☄Upcoming Meteor Shower: April 6
🐈 Villagers:
villagers.png

ℹ Tour Directory

🗺 Island Map
🏡 Villa
📚 Library
:coffee: Café
🏨 Resort
🍜 Oriental Restaurant
🚲 Rec Shop and Bike Rental
🛍️ Store
🎭 Theater and Entertainment
🛬 Entrance and Resident Services
⛱️ Lighthouse Patio
🍅 Farmer's Market
🪴 Coco's Plant Nursery
🌉 Riverwalk
🎻 Stage
🥪 Riverside Dining
🛒 Nook's Plaza
🏛️ Museum Terrace
🏘️ North Neighborhood
🏘️ West Neighborhood
📸 Scenic Overlook
🪨 Rock Garden
🏖️ Beach
🏘 Happy Home Paradise Designs
🖼️ Archive: Pictures from Previous Versions
📹
Visitor Pictures

🏗 Current projects:
Post on Instagram: @violinshapedobject

🌿

~ Q&A ~

Q: What does the island name mean?
A:
Seigaiha is a pattern of layered concentric circles, creating waves.

Q: How did you go about designing the island?
A:
I never had a real plan in mind; I had a lot of ideas for areas and just thought about where would be the best place to put each of them. I did spend a lot of time initially just on terraforming/landscaping before doing the real decorating. The oldest part of the island is probably the waterfalls by the south river mouth - I've pretty much left it untouched since May 2020. The riverwalk was also constructed around the same time, but at least had some retouching. The last area I built was the rock garden, which accidentally happened since there were no other spots where rocks could spawn on the island!

Q: Favorite area?
A:
Definitely hard to pick just one, but my favorite exterior areas are the diagonal bridge (the picture at the top) and the top of the lighthouse patio. Favorite interiors are the Villa Studio, Jazz Lounge, Sushi Bar, Library Lobby, and Resort Lobby (I always enjoyed decorating interiors more haha).

Q: Least favorite areas?
A: The grassy part around the campsite (never found a great spot for it) and the northeast beach (I found it hard to decorate around the rocks).

Q: Areas you wish you had?
A: I go back and forth between wishing the island was bigger or not - if it were bigger, I don't think I'd be finished for a long time! I miss the grand concert area I built in a previous version (see the archive) and I wish I had more space for a large botanic garden.

Q: What was the most challenging/frustrating?
A: Terraforming was quite tedious, especially when deconstructing. Repaving the island with custom designs also took a couple of weeks. However, by far the most time consuming part was designing all eight of the player houses. I initially only envisioned decorating three houses at most, given the limited number of items and interior decorating tools prior to the 2.0 update, so I took a long break from the game after summer 2020. With the Happy Home Paradise DLC, it became much easier to experiment with designing without having to acquire all of the furniture first. So, I painstakingly planned and made model rooms (48 total!) in Happy Home, created a furniture list for each room, then slowly ordered all of the items. This also meant I had to play through about half of the DLC with each of the profiles to unlock the required pillars and counters for crafting since you can't trade these. Also all of the many, many glow-in-the-dark stickers I had to individually craft o_O. This took about a year, from December 2021 to January 2023.

Q: What will you be doing next?
A: Celebrating with a real life animal crossing party with the many friends who have kept up with the island over the years! If I have time, I will post some of my Happy Home Paradise creations on this page.

Last edited:
🗺 Island Map

Seigaiha Map_Labeled.JPG

Seigaiha Map_Unlabeled.JPG
Original:
Original.jpg

V1: 7/10 too much water
Mid April Attempt

V2: waterfalls
Early May Overhaul

V3: subsidized housing
Late May