• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rune Factory 4!

Llunavale

just.
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
October Birthstone (Opal)
Probably one of my favourite RPGs - originally a 3DS game, it was re-released on Switch in February! If you've never heard of Rune Factory 4, I definitely suggest you check it out - it's pretty incredible. I'm hoping there's some regular players here as well, I'd be interest to chat about it / see what items (and their stats) you've managed to forge or craft - especially if you've taken advantage of the tiering system.

If you're not aware of the Rune Factory series, here's some quick background...
It originally started out as a Harvest Moon (now Story of Seasons) spin-off. It came with the same farming sim elements that appeared in Harvest Moon as well as some other features like great characters and raising farm animals. Rune Factory deviated in its story and combat - taking care of crops and animals isn't a main focus in Rune Factory, there's also amazing stories and character relationships, combat in dungeons and a huge world to explore. It's really captivating, in my opinion. There's quite a few games in the series - but 4 is definitely unique in story and character dynamic, it's only of only a couple of games in the series where you can play as either a male or female character (most of the previous had you play male exclusively).

Omg I love this game to bits! Iโ€™m a big Amber fan!

The remake really came at an unfortunate time for me since PMD DX came out less than 2 weeks after and then Animal Crossing 2 weeks after. Literally my top 3 series released less than a month apart.

That being said, Iโ€™m still working on my Hell playthrough, almost at the end of arc 2. Afterwards Iโ€™ll probably start my Level 1 Hell playthrough which will be a fun challenge! I did the Level 1 Hard playthrough on the 3ds and that took awhile.

I feel I like I know this games mechanics inside and out and could talk forever about it.

Omg I love this game to bits! Iโ€™m a big Amber fan!

The remake really came at an unfortunate time for me since PMD DX came out less than 2 weeks after and then Animal Crossing 2 weeks after. Literally my top 3 series released less than a month apart.

That being said, Iโ€™m still working on my Hell playthrough, almost at the end of arc 2. Afterwards Iโ€™ll probably start my Level 1 Hell playthrough which will be a fun challenge! I did the Level 1 Hard playthrough on the 3ds and that took awhile.

I feel I like I know this games mechanics inside and out and could talk forever about it.
How are you finding hell mode?! I was...a little disheartened to begin with - didn't feel like it added too much, but the closer I get to Rune Prana the more I start realising how much of a nightmare it might be lool.

Hell mode was actually pretty hard for day 1 Ambrosia, actually felt like a raid boss haha. After that, all of my in game knowledge started to let me cheese bosses easier. Itโ€™s amazing how much of a difference 100% resist makes in fights. I havenโ€™t got to Rune Prana yet but I can imagine itโ€™s as annoying as ever. Also those freaking cats on autumn road.

How are you finding hell mode?! I was...a little disheartened to begin with - didn't feel like it added too much, but the closer I get to Rune Prana the more I start realising how much of a nightmare it might be lool.

I love the Rune Factory series! I have Rune Factory 4 on both my 3DS and Switch. I splurged a little on the limited edition. ๐Ÿ‘€

One of my favorite parts of the game is the dialogue/events/festivals. They're all interactive and unique (e.g.: bean toss).

For crafting - there's so many items that it feels overwhelming sometimes. I want to use staffs, but I feel faster melee weapons are more useful in dungeons with a lot of enemies. I've spent hours grinding my crafting/cooking/forgery skills to unlock better recipes and improve my current hoard of items.

I completed the game on the 3DS (married Vishnal) and am about 30-40 hours into my Switch play through (planning to marry Dylas).

I splurged a little on the limited edition.
Honestly, the art book alone made that limited edition so worth it - it's pretty stunning, I only wish it was a little bigger so we could see more of the art in a bigger picture.

I am from the EU and unfortunately ours did not come with an instruction manual in the boxed copy of the game which was kind of disappointing - I've been tempted to order a US version just so I can have that manual but can't justify the cost annd I'm not sure if a regular boxed game over there comes with a manual or it was a feature of the limited edition!
(planning to marry Dylas)
I think a Youtuber video I watched once put this best - there are two categories of bachelor: Dylas and Not Dylas
:D

Honestly, the art book alone made that limited edition so worth it - it's pretty stunning, I only wish it was a little bigger so we could see more of the art in a bigger picture.

I am from the EU and unfortunately ours did not come with an instruction manual in the boxed copy of the game which was kind of disappointing - I've been tempted to order a US version just so I can have that manual but can't justify the cost annd I'm not sure if a regular boxed game over there comes with a manual or it was a feature of the limited edition!

I think a Youtuber video I watched once put this best - there are two categories of bachelor: Dylas and Not Dylas
:D

Ooo ya the Art book is super cute!! I also got the deluxe version cause I felt obligated cause how much I love this game!

I love the Rune Factory series! I have Rune Factory 4 on both my 3DS and Switch. I splurged a little on the limited edition. ๐Ÿ‘€

One of my favorite parts of the game is the dialogue/events/festivals. They're all interactive and unique (e.g.: bean toss).

For crafting - there's so many items that it feels overwhelming sometimes. I want to use staffs, but I feel faster melee weapons are more useful in dungeons with a lot of enemies. I've spent hours grinding my crafting/cooking/forgery skills to unlock better recipes and improve my current hoard of items.

I completed the game on the 3DS (married Vishnal) and am about 30-40 hours into my Switch play through (planning to marry Dylas).

Staff weapons are some of the most powerful weapons imo but ya they are hard to understand. But you can steal the bosses attacks with them by using the boss drop as an upgrade material on the staff. Thunderbolt's item Lightning Mane and the Revival Cave bosses upgrade item in particular are extremely good!

Ooo ya the Art book is super cute!! I also got the deluxe version cause I felt obligated cause how much I love this game!

Staff weapons are some of the most powerful weapons imo but ya they are hard to understand. But you can steal the bosses attacks with them by using the boss drop as an upgrade material on the staff. Thunderbolt's item Lightning Mane and the Revival Cave bosses upgrade item in particular are extremely good!

Thankfully farming earlier bosses is a piece of cake after the first go! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Now if only they would drop what I want. ๐Ÿ‘€

Thankfully farming earlier bosses is a piece of cake after the first go! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Now if only they would drop what I want. ๐Ÿ‘€
If you didnโ€™t already know, you can also press escape as soon as the boss dies but before the barrier goes away to respawn the boss but keep anything it dropped on the ground without having to wait another day.

I finished rune factory 3 years ago so I bought 4 after that, but I never finished it lol I only played it maybe for an hour or two? maybe I should try to play it again oops does anyone know if its worth getting the switch edition or should I just play the 3ds version?

I finished rune factory 3 years ago so I bought 4 after that, but I never finished it lol I only played it maybe for an hour or two? maybe I should try to play it again oops does anyone know if its worth getting the switch edition or should I just play the 3ds version?

Graphics-wise there isn't much of a change, but the larger resolution is definitely a step-up.

If you are a fan of the social aspect of the game, they added a newlywed mode in the Switch version with extra content and animated portraits. The extra difficulty mode is a great addition to the Switch version too. :)

I highly recommend picking up the Switch version if you're a fan of the games. Gives you another reason to pick it back up!

Graphics-wise there isn't much of a change, but the larger resolution is definitely a step-up.

If you are a fan of the social aspect of the game, they added a newlywed mode in the Switch version with extra content and animated portraits. The extra difficulty mode is a great addition to the Switch version too. :)

I highly recommend picking up the Switch version if you're a fan of the games. Gives you another reason to pick it back up!
ooh I might have to, especially now that i have more time now that the semester is over! higher resolution would def be a plus especially compared to my tiny 3ds screen lol

Just beat this game's arc 2! Took the extra time to beat phase 3 of the final boss without story buffs or new game plus, was actually pretty easy if you have wind immunity. First time doing that so that was pretty cool!

Probably one of my favourite RPGs - originally a 3DS game, it was re-released on Switch in February! If you've never heard of Rune Factory 4, I definitely suggest you check it out - it's pretty incredible. I'm hoping there's some regular players here as well, I'd be interest to chat about it / see what items (and their stats) you've managed to forge or craft - especially if you've taken advantage of the tiering system.

If you're not aware of the Rune Factory series, here's some quick background...
It originally started out as a Harvest Moon (now Story of Seasons) spin-off. It came with the same farming sim elements that appeared in Harvest Moon as well as some other features like great characters and raising farm animals. Rune Factory deviated in its story and combat - taking care of crops and animals isn't a main focus in Rune Factory, there's also amazing stories and character relationships, combat in dungeons and a huge world to explore. It's really captivating, in my opinion. There's quite a few games in the series - but 4 is definitely unique in story and character dynamic, it's only of only a couple of games in the series where you can play as either a male or female character (most of the previous had you play male exclusively).

As a harvest moon and stardew fan, I've always been interested in Rune Factory. I think I'll pick it up next time! Thanks for the recommendation.

Back