• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

REHAB Guide (Grass Restoration)

MasterM64

🍀 Mayor of PARADISE 🍀
Bells
Switch
4379-5352-7409
Toy Hammer
Pink Toy Hammer
Yellow Balloon
New Year's Party Popper
Dreamy Party Popper
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I've taken cared of my grass 4 months ago when I did a project called REHAB which is a way to RESTORE the town's grass. I can tell you some tricks to take care of this terrible feature in the game.:

1. Make a path system by setting up doormats and flowers on both sides of the doormats because it's a very affective way to set a path up through trampled waste and it makes getting around the town easier during the REHAB project like this as a sample:

ooooooooooo
===========
ooooooooooo

O = flower

==== = path

2. Time warp for 6 months day by day (Preferably spring to summer) (Don't do the Warping in one warp because it doesn't work). It's also safe to buy stuff in Nook's during the warping because it always changes no matter what unlike Wild World.

3. Plant flowers and trees in places that refuse to heal to Healthy grass (You will have to water your flowers during the REHAB to keep them alive but, make sure the grass is sturdy enough before you walk on the flower bed that's for REHAB.

4.Talk to your Villagers on every warp so they don't move away because they literally punch hole into your REHAB project.

5. Do not have a Wi-Fi party in your town because they can destroy your project all together from completion until you' re done.

6. Take your time, if you speed through the project to quickly you'll get bored of it so it's not enjoyable.

7. Get help for developing the path system because you will have to take down some trees and some people have Golden or Silver Axes while others don't.

Optional: Some people prefer to use a Magic Lamp(with Wisp in it of course) at the end of REHAB to clean up the weeds instead of trampling on your new grass you worked hard to fix to get the weeds.(I didn't do this because I didn't think much about it. LOL) Either way of cleaning up the weeds will work, just do what you prefer to do. Thank you Nic(formerly Mr_Hobo) and Thekillingdog for suggesting this to be added! ^_^

Optional 2: REHAB is also a good time to give your town a perfect rating by changing trees and flowers around but, I suggest just focusing on the grass restoration and complete it before you start working on a perfect town. The game standard for a "Perfect Town" is not as important as the player's/visitor's view of a Perfect Town.

Just do all this for about 2 1/2 weeks of real time and your town will be enjoyable again.

<big>GOOD LUCK!</big>

I like what you've got going here. Also, maybe a bit more information about how to rehab grass without TTing would be appreciated, too. I'm using the paths lined with flowers, but I've also begun doing something else which has worked really really well.

I buy all the flowers in Nooks every day, which is a considerable amount since I have Nookingtons. I plant them all over the town, especially where my grass needs to regrow (to encourage hybrids, I keep flowers with other of the same type, but this isn't necessary). Then I check about every week, and pull up any flower that is on top of completely regrown grass, then replant the flower where I need grass to grow. It looks weird at first, creating grassy patches randomly about town, but it really seems to be working. All without TTing.

My town is still more dirt than grass, but it's coming around. Probably within a 3 month span it will be good.

crakgenius said:
I buy all the flowers in Nooks every day, which is a considerable amount since I have Nookingtons. I plant them all over the town, especially where my grass needs to regrow (to encourage hybrids, I keep flowers with other of the same type, but this isn't necessary). Then I check about every week, and pull up any flower that is on top of completely regrown grass, then replant the flower where I need grass to grow. It looks weird at first, creating grassy patches randomly about town, but it really seems to be working. All without TTing.
I do this, too. I've probably got about 400-500 flowers in my town and I just keep adding on to them. Watering dried flowers can be annoying, but at least it's started raining again. I've found the hardest part is putting flowers between the trees. Sometimes I will harvest my fruit frequently so the grass is pretty much gone in the tree clusters, and if I try to plant flowers there, my fruit bounces and can actually disappear if it has to bounce more than once after falling.

I don't have patterns on the ground, I just know not to walk over my flowers until I see the grass is mostly or fully grown underneath them. So I stick to walking in the same paths most of the time, until I want to regrow the grass on the path by moving a bunch of flowers to it. This time I know not to run all over town and to pay more attention when I see the grass wearing away.

This is quite a good guide. I used a method similar to this when my grass ran out.

i did this trick back in january, and i got it done in 2 days! and crackgenius, it's much faster if you warp than if you just go day by day. but since you want to go day by day, you basically so everything MasterM says there except for the time warping part. but be warned: you WILL get pretty bored while doing this so only do this if you're up to it. it takes true dedication.

Yeah... I'm kinda lacking in dedication. I mean I have the dedication to walk around my town every Monday and pull up every flower growing on rehabbed grass, and replant it on bare dirt. That takes me about an hour a week. Planting is a no brainer... buy the bags and toss them with the other flowers. I know this TTing method is the best, but I think it would be just SO BORING.

The Famouse Fleep said:
People dont like TTing...Niether do i...I dont want to waste all my hybrids and neighbors.
I don't like it either, but I put all my hybrids inside my house. And you can save your neighbors by talking to them each day of the time traveling process.

To correct this guide, Use a lamp. So when it is done, Use Wisp! Then you can time travel backwards and not get weeds.

Wow..Thanks Master, This could be verry useful for my grass and my 'perfect town' rating!!

Mr_Hobo said:
To correct this guide, Use a lamp. So when it is done, Use Wisp! Then you can time travel backwards and not get weeds.
When you do use wisp though, sometimes wisp does not do the weeding straight away. This is because the game has recognized time traveling. You may have to wait a couple of days.

ALSO BEWARE OF RAFFLESIA!

thekillingdog said:
Mr_Hobo said:
When you do use wisp though, sometimes wisp does not do the weeding straight away. This is because the game has recognized time traveling. You may have to wait a couple of days.

I have never found wisp..ANYWHERE...any tips??

fitzy said:
thekillingdog said:
Mr_Hobo said:

The lamp or the ghost?

thekillingdog said:
fitzy said:
thekillingdog said:
Mr_Hobo said:

The lamp or the ghost?
Well both... :O

Thank you guys for the compliments, if you don't like Time Warping you can still use everything else. The thing is that Time Warping makes it faster and easier but, if you don't like Time Warping... good luck!

Back