• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Real Time in HHD?

Bells
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Red Candy
Small Mailbox
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Does anyone know if this game goes in real time like the other games? I'd love if it could, but I'm not sure if it does or not.

If it didn't that would be really strange for the franchise, but it's not typically new for video games.

I don't think it does as there really isn't any reason for it.

iirc you can change each villagers area to be whatever weather you want, so you can have some be sunny, whilst others are snow, so I'm p sure no real time.

Actual time might be in real time, but things like seasons, I don't think so.

Yea, I just reap watched it, you can chose the seasons for your villagers houses, so no real time

Last edited:
I don't think it does as there really isn't any reason for it.

iirc you can change each villagers area to be whatever weather you want, so you can have some be sunny, whilst others are snow, so I'm p sure no real time.

Actual time might be in real time, but things like seasons, I don't think so.

Yea, I just reap watched it, you can chose the seasons for your villagers houses, so no real time

Lottie also talked about closing time for the happy home company or w.e, so even if no seasonal change, I think it's likely that there will still be a real time day clock

Yeah just like everyone here's saying, I don't think the game runs in real time. Especially during the E3 demonstration, Stacey stated that once you "sit in front of the desk, you can save the game and start a new day". So I doubt it's like the main series.

Yeah just like everyone here's saying, I don't think the game runs in real time. Especially during the E3 demonstration, Stacey stated that once you "sit in front of the desk, you can save the game and start a new day". So I doubt it's like the main series.

In city folk and wild world (I'm pretty sure these ones) you saved the game by sleeping in the bed in your attic, which as you know does not start a new day. I kinda assumed that it is the same mechanic here where sitting at the desk to write up your report just saves the game.

I honestly hope its like that, other wise better be able time travel..

Ok I'm just gonna share some thoughts I had after watching the treehouse demonstration again. First of all, there is definitely a day night cycle of some sort:

44HDNrA.png

X6MyBDq.png

But there are some doubts. First of all these two images are 15 minutes apart, and in the mean time one villager house was decorated. When the demonstrator went back into Nook's home's, Lottie told her that it's late and you should save/write up your report for the day. Also, when she tried to use the amiibo phone in this evening/night state, it would not allow her. So this brings up the idea that you can only decorate one house per day, assuming that it skips to evening once you complete a house. If this is the case, then it means the game wouldn't run a real time clock, which because of animal crossing history, I doubt is the case, but it is a spinoff, so they don't have to follow the rules.

Another meaning is that you can only scan one amiibo card per day (to decorate their house, inviting them over seems unlimited). And since Lottie told you to wrap it up for the day, it might be the case that you can only decorate one house per day. But the question we have is whether this is an in game day or a real time day.

The alternative idea is that Nook's home's closes after a certain time (real time), and after that you can only visit villagers and buildings in town, you can't do extra work.

Anyway, it could be the case that the game that was played is not the complete version, or some other factor like that. This is just speculation but I thought it was an interesting idea.

Last edited:
I think it'll use real time for time of day...
Also, off topical, I'm going to have winter on all my houses xD cos of snow foot print noise xD

Back