• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Rareness of these villagers?

Prismascope

Bells
Hi! I'm not sure if I posted in the right place, but I've been wondering if any of my villagers are hard/rare to obtain or most wanted?

My villagers currently consist of:

Goldie (especially curious of this one)
Drift
Tammi
Pancetti
Rasher
Benjamin
Shari
Lopez
Peaches

Any answers are much appreciated!

Rarity doesn't exist among basic villagers and you have equal amount of chances to get any one. Because there are so many villagers though (over 300) the chances of getting the specific one you want is quite low, but nonetheless, all the same in terms of rarity.

I would say the classified "rare" villager would just be the amiibo ones.

Last edited:
Hi, Prismascope, welcome to the Puzzle Palace. Lots of nice folks here and you will find the answers you need...eventually;)

Goldie was kind of popular shortly after New leaf was released but I don't see as many people looking to adopt her.From the rest of your list I'd say that Lopez has a bit of a following because he's a deer but the others aren't all that popular.As stated in the previous posts,the villagers you can get in-game aren't particularly rare except for the three octopus villagers which are a bit harder to obtain when starting a new town because for whatever reason they can't be part of the starting group of five villagers.The most rare villagers are the ones you can get only by having their Amiibo card or figure such as the Sanrio,Splatoon,Legend of Zelda or Monster Hunter based villagers.

no villagers other than amiibo exclusive ones (the welcome amiibo and sanrio camper van amiibo characters) are rarer or harder to get than others. popularity amongst the fanbase is another thing though, which definitely exists amongst all villagers!

its really just based on popularity nowadays. i wouldn't really classify any of them as rare ;p

Back