Question About Popular Villager Giveaways

Mayor Jamal

Monado Bearer
Bells
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Why does the person giving away the villager almost always make a contest out of it? I've noticed that when someone gives away a popular villager it's always either a raffle or something else, why don't they just give them away normally? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it but at that point they might as well make a contest Prefix to put it under.

Probably because a lot of people want that certain villager, so they do a raffle to give everyone a chance.

It gives other people from different time zones a chance to get that villager. I think it's fairer IMO

Why does the person giving away the villager almost always make a contest out of it? I've noticed that when someone gives away a popular villager it's always either a raffle or something else, why don't they just give them away normally? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it but at that point they might as well make a contest Prefix to put it under.

The way it goes, one being willing to part with an in-demand villager is generous and considerate in itself. The person doing that gets to administer the "adoption" however he/she likes. (Provided, of course, that there is no fraud or violation that would put membership at risk here at The Bell Tree Forums.)

As for doing a "contest," I think it's the motivation from a forum member wanting others to earn the adoption in a way that is creative without having to part with an abundance of bells.

I, personally, haven't had a Dreamie to put up for an auction. I have only acquired two of the Top Tier Dreamies: Julian and, just this week, Tia. I'm taking this time to enjoy them. I will admit that, if I were to put up for adoption a Dreamie, then I too might choose a different route other than asking for millions in bells. Of course, none of that matters until I'm in such a position to do so.

Back