• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Question about Old Neighbors

Umbvix

Bells
Okay, so back in Spring, my neighbor Goose moved out. I was very sad, but he ended up moving into my friend's town because we had visited each other's towns (she had just gotten the game and we were psyched to play together).

She messaged me the other day asking if I wanted Goose back because he was planning on moving out on the 16th. Earlier that morning, I had let Egbert move into my town from my campsite, which made my town full.

My question is: If my friend has to void Goose, is there still potential that he will cycle back to my town again like past villagers usually do? Or should I try to arrange things somehow so I can get Goose now so he won't be gone forever?

No, they haven't. I didn't mean right away because I definitely don't have enough villagers moved out since him, I just meant as a general thing. I didn't know if he got voided if that would mean he wouldn't be able to move back later.

HoennMaster got it spot on, you need to cycle through 16 villagers before the game will allow a past villager to move back into your town. Instead of the moving prompt, I believe you get a different prompt where the villager just doesn't allow you to ask them to move in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So the question is will he live in your friend's void until you cycle through 16?

Ahh okay. So if I want him to be the Goose that was in my village, I'd have to get him back now? If he cycles through he'll be different? :C That stinks. But oh well. I just was curious because it doesn't seem feasible right now that I'll be able to snag him from my friend's town since he's moving out tomorrow. I didn't know if when he came back through to my town if he'd be the same or not.

What they're saying is the Goose you had is gone unfortunately. You'd have to have sixteen villagers move out, and then and only then can you invite Goose again. The catch is he won't be your Goose.

That stinks...but thank you for the info! I suppose even starting from scratch with a new Goose is better than no Goose at all. Thanks guys!

Back