PSA/FYI: Having Complaints About the Game Doesn't Mean We Hate the Game

bcmii

The tense past is swaying
Bells
I'm tired of having to repeat myself over and over, so I am going to leave this here.

1.) No, just because we have complaints about the game DOES NOT mean we hate it. I LOVE the game, but have MANY complaints. I would like to kindly ask people to stop saying that we "hate the game" or the "game is being hated on" anytime any valid complaint/disappointment is expressed. Please, I ask you to stop skewing our words. I'm getting really tired of having anything I say be twisted into me "hating the game." Expressing complaints/disappointments is a PERFECTLY NORMAL part of ANY product release, it is very much possible to still like/love something and still have criticisms --- I'm tired of seeing the "If you don't like the game, don't play it" comments anytime someone brings up a complaint/disappointment which in no way whatsoever implies that they don't like/hate the overall product.

2.) Yes, people are allowed to have different opinions than you! Yes, people are allowed to see the game as less than perfection. You can see the game however you want! Let's just try to be respectful of each others opinions. Lack of respect for one another's opinions seems to be a prevailing issue on this forum. For instance, I and many others have complaints about the Bunny Day Event (I personally do not like it whatsoever -- 12 days of this nonsense? ugh), and I came across someone on one of the complaint threads who was trying to say that there is "something wrong with you" if you don't like the event. Like huh? When did forming different opinions about things make us 'broken'? Things like this sadden me and make me feel like diversity in opinion is not appreciated on this forum --- you are given the options of a.) acting like the game is flawless, or b.) expressing a differing opinion only to be considered "hateful" and "bad."

Seeing how things have been going in the last couple of weeks has really made me consider leaving the forums and moving on in my life. I feel like my time here has come to end; what I once considered to be an amazing place where I felt that I actually belonged has quickly become an unhealthy relationship for me. It's sad for me to admit, but I've been spending too much time on here, and I need to stop myself from going further down this hole. Perhaps I'll search for a new Animal Crossing community (if there are any good ones out there), or maybe, I'll stay but just try to limit the time I spend on here.

That's all I have for now, I will add on if I can think of anything else to say.

Last edited:
thank you for making this. it’s perfectly okay to miss certain elements or be disappointed by something doesn’t mean the game sucks or is hated. i personally miss a lot of features that’ll hopefully be added over time but i still love the game

thank you for making this. it’s perfectly okay to miss certain elements or be disappointed by something doesn’t mean the game sucks or is hated. i personally miss a lot of features that’ll hopefully be added over time but i still love the game

Definitely! I just wish people would start understanding that we don't hate the game~ It's actually quite the opposite -- we still love it for what it is.

Last edited:
That's it. I get it that a lot of people are still going through honeymoon phase with the game they waited for years, but I really don't understand the idea behind trying to invalidate other people's criticism of the game. It almost looks to me like these people feel the need to protect the game because they don't want to accept that the game isn't perfect as they wanted it to be, and seeing people pointing out the flaws in the game could make them doubt their own judgement.

Mind you, this isn't valid only for AC, but every single game out there.

--Ignore duplicate post--

- - - Post Merge - - -

Never really thought about the "honeymoon phase" thing before -- that's very much a plausible idea as to why this is all going down.

Last edited:
I don’t hate this game. That rant thread I made was supposed to be the ACNH version of the “What’s Bothering You” thread in the Basement. It’s more than just a thread to discuss the disadvantages of the game. I made it in response to the increasing number of complaint threads based on different issues in the ACNL board, so I could direct all negativity to one thread.

I don’t hate this game. That rant thread I made was supposed to be the ACNH version of the “What’s Bothering You” thread in the Basement. It’s more than just a thread to discuss the disadvantages of the game. I made it in response to the increasing number of complaint threads based on different issues in the ACNL board, so I could direct all negativity to one thread.

While I think that thread is a good idea, I don’t think it can (or should) be the only place to complain. It’s perfect for just putting a thought out there and briefly venting, but doesn’t really invite conversation between people. Most just post their own complaint and leave. With a lot of these issues though, people want to specifically talk about them with others, see that they’re not alone and commiserate together.

I actually don’t like seeing all the negative threads myself, and have realized that they can bring me down a bit occasionally. I still think they serve a purpose though, and that they shouldn’t be silenced.

While I think that thread is a good idea, I don’t think it can (or should) be the only place to complain. It’s perfect for just putting a thought out there and briefly venting, but doesn’t really invite conversation between people. Most just post their own complaint and leave. With a lot of these issues though, people want to specifically talk about them with others, see that they’re not alone and commiserate together.

I actually don’t like seeing all the negative threads myself, and have realized that they can bring me down a bit occasionally. I still think they serve a purpose though, and that they shouldn’t be silenced.

Exactly! :) The whole point of a forum is to have a discussion. I just want us to be able to have discussions where everyone's opinions are valued and taken into consideration. I am just tired of people being put down for being on one "side" or the other.

Back