• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

*crosses fingers for a good dark/fairy type*

I'll probably get the one with the best exclusives or the cover legendary with the best movepool.

I'm actually shocked at how little love there is for Sun..but yeah, I'm defs a Moon person too. I can imagine it's legendary being a Dark/Fairy type. But I'll not get ahead of myself.

DW-Dusk_cover.jpg
DW-Dawn_cover.jpg

Is what I was going to say, but I don't disagree.

There's only so many 'relative' pairs to go through until we start getting obscure. I'm actually not surprised sun and moon are among the first few names they used that aren't colors considering the sun and moon are globally such an obvious pair. Less copying others and more of an inevitability, especially if the storyline focuses on the sun and moon (which it easily could).

I'm actually shocked at how little love there is for Sun..

'Pokemon Sun' sounds weird to me. They both do, actually, but Sun more so.

I'm waiting to see which version gets what exclusives though. I'm more concerned over what wild Pokemon I can catch in the wild than the name of the game or the legendaries. I don't like having to rely on trading to get the ones I really like.

I'm actually shocked at how little love there is for Sun..but yeah, I'm defs a Moon person too. I can imagine it's legendary being a Dark/Fairy type. But I'll not get ahead of myself.

Clearly we're all Noctowls and Hoothoots here. Chances are I'll main Sun since pretty much everything but Pokemon X and Diamond was the red colored game. Honestly the most intriguing bit of information to me was that Moon/Sun will allow VC (Virtual Console) Pokemon to be imported to Bank and used. Kinda disappointing that we can't use them in X/Y/OR/AS though. Kinda shocked we're moving to Gen 6.5/7 already though, I would have expected a little more spin-offs and the usual Director's Cut game but these could still very well be it.

Celestia at the moment. Usually I get games based on whether that version has the better looking Pokemon than the other one. Maybe Luna might have the more visually appealing ones.

I tend to prefer the red version of games when I see them, so I'll probably go with Sun, but I'll wait to see what the mascot legendaries are first, and maybe hints about how the story pans out.

I'm honestly really happy that they went with Sun and Moon instead of Z. I never really saw Z being that.. fun, I guess, so I'm really glad to see a new generation coming! (By the way, I'm totally going for Moon.)

Last edited:
Why are people already boycotting Pok?mon Sun??

I'd say don't judge a book by it's cover but the cover art hasn't even been revealed yet.

I wonder what the starters are gonna be.
My expectations are gonna be a Grass Giraffe, a Fire Bison, and a Water Hippo. Hopefully one of them has to be them, or not at all.

notice the palm trees next to the building with the Horsea fountain. could the next region be a tropical place? California? Florida? Hawaii? my top two picks for a new region would be Hawaii, and then California. it would be so cool to have a region with multiple islands, with volcanoes, and jungles, and the big city of Honolulu. it would be so pretty. but a Los Angeles based one would be cool too... im for #TeamSun

- - - Post Merge - - -

X and Y were so easy, and I found Kalos to be boring. I just want a solid Grass type this time around. and a tropical region. a region based off of some place in Asia doesn't delight me. Game Freak has already used up pretty much all of Japan, so I'm really hoping for Hawaii. and with the Horsea fountain building, notice the colorful flowers the Horsea is holding by its tail. they look like colorful hibiscus flowers, which grow in Hawaii. and i personally think that the building is the Pokemon Lab, due to the fact that it cant be a gym, cause it doesn't have the gym symbol thing on it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i also noticed the appearance of cars, which may be a new feature in the game. Kalos had the Lumi Cabs but maybe this time Game Freak will allow us to drive our own?? it would make it more realistic...and i really like those new Pokemon Center designs tho...

Customisation better be in tbh. Maybe making it more thorough would be nice but it was fine as it was in X/Y

As simple as the names are, Sun and Moon are a nice change.
The rest of the names have either been colors, gemstones, or chromosomes.

Back