• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

thank you so much dapperlace it is definitely something think about.

notice the palm trees next to the building with the Horsea fountain. could the next region be a tropical place? California? Florida? Hawaii? my top two picks for a new region would be Hawaii, and then California. it would be so cool to have a region with multiple islands, with volcanoes, and jungles, and the big city of Honolulu. it would be so pretty. but a Los Angeles based one would be cool too... im for #TeamSun

- - - Post Merge - - -

X and Y were so easy, and I found Kalos to be boring. I just want a solid Grass type this time around. and a tropical region. a region based off of some place in Asia doesn't delight me. Game Freak has already used up pretty much all of Japan, so I'm really hoping for Hawaii. and with the Horsea fountain building, notice the colorful flowers the Horsea is holding by its tail. they look like colorful hibiscus flowers, which grow in Hawaii. and i personally think that the building is the Pokemon Lab, due to the fact that it cant be a gym, cause it doesn't have the gym symbol thing on it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i also noticed the appearance of cars, which may be a new feature in the game. Kalos had the Lumi Cabs but maybe this time Game Freak will allow us to drive our own?? it would make it more realistic...and i really like those new Pokemon Center designs tho...

lol do you even know what LA is like??

I'm so glad Sun and Moon are a thing. I honestly didn't enjoy XY. It brought great stuff like Wonder Trade and customization, but I feel like the game didn't have enough Gen 6 Pokemon tbh. It seems like they focused too much on Megan's rather than giving us new Pokemon.

Anyway, really looking forward to SuMo! Really hoping it's Gen 7 tbh. Hoping to see a hummingbird Pokemon and alpacas would be awesome. :D

I'm so glad Sun and Moon are a thing. I honestly didn't enjoy XY. It brought great stuff like Wonder Trade and customization, but I feel like the game didn't have enough Gen 6 Pokemon tbh. It seems like they focused too much on Megan's rather than giving us new Pokemon.
I imagine they focused on bringing over 1000 Pokemon designs into full 3D. For a development team of just over 80 people (for XY), of which not all are making 3D models, that's a boatload of work. Then they also had to model: the characters, the customization, the vehicles, the overworld Pokemon, the buildings, the vegetation, etc. And let's not forget that all of these models also had to be animated, and they had to add attack animations, and so on.
Game Freak had experience with creating 3D elements in the overworld, but the experience with creating Pokemon in the same way was minor (and before only reserved for legendaries).
Apart from that, the Megas are entirely new designs, so let's count those too. We got 72 entirely new Pokemon. We got 28 accessible Mega Evolutions in XY (and 2 hidden ones: Latios and Latias). If you count all of those together, it's on par with the amount of new Pokemon that G2 got.

Anyway, my point is that it's a ton of work for just over 80 people to complete in three and a half years. I'm sure fans would have been fine with waiting another year, but Nintendo really wanted to push G6 out of the gates. That's why that was all the new stuff we got.

Yeah, I completely get the graphics pretty much took over. For a new region, 72 isn't really that much compared to other gens tbh. Megas can count as new designs but that's debatable imo. There was undoubtedly a lot of focus on the concept of Megas. My point was that if Megas weren't a thing, we probably would have gotten more new Pokemon.

I would have been completely fine with waiting like you said. Ah well, what can we do? Anyway, hoping we get more news on SuMo this month.

Yeah, I completely get the graphics pretty much took over. For a new region, 72 isn't really that much compared to other gens tbh. Megas can count as new designs but that's debatable imo. There was undoubtedly a lot of focus on the concept of Megas. My point was that if Megas weren't a thing, we probably would have gotten more new Pokemon.

I would have been completely fine with waiting like you said. Ah well, what can we do? Anyway, hoping we get more news on SuMo this month.

Ya just cant please some people

there should be a fire,water,or grass/ fairy type
they really should have done this last gen. but they should represent the new type
also poison legendary and dark gym pls

there should be a fire,water,or grass/ fairy type
they really should have done this last gen. but they should represent the new type
also poison legendary and dark gym pls
There's Water/Fairy (Marill & Azumarill) and Grass/Fairy (Cottonee & Whimsicott).
Fairy got more representation with its introduction than Dark and Steel did. There's also more Fairy types than there are Ice types (2 more, but still), so I'd say they didn't do too bad with it.

received_1575241642796152.jpg

My bf just show me this
Is this true or fake??

that's fake. general rule of thumb, if it's not on serebii (or joe's twitter) or bulbapedia, it's fake.
ok thanks wanted to be sure because I dint saw it no where
but look real so wanted to make sure

ok thanks wanted to be sure because I dint saw it no where
but look real so wanted to make sure
It's easy to discern as a fake once you know what to look for.
It shows Eevee's name but not the names of the other two, and there's only extra info for the one on the left. Apart from that, it's miles away from the hyperactive style used in Japanese kids' magazines, in which these reveals are done.
Here's the reveal page for Sylveon. You'll notice the differences right away.
The picture is dark, blurry and small. It almost looks like it was taken from a computer screen, especially with that white edge at the bottom left. The Japanese at the bottom is the same line repeated twice, therefore might as well be gibberish (if you're curious, it just says "Pocket Monster", the next bit is cut off).

But yeah, generally follow what Jake. said. If a suspicious picture shows up, check Serebii. If it's not there within a few hours, it's a fake.

There are some "leaks" going around of "coro coro", showing off the box arts/mascots, starters, and protagonists. Before anyone asks, they're fake.

To make matters worse, Joe from Serebii says that the April issue of Coro Coro doesn't have any S&M news.

Last edited:
There are some "leaks" going around of "coro coro", showing off the box arts/mascots, starters, and protagonists. Before anyone asks, they're fake.

To make matters worse, Joe from Serebii says that the April issue of Coro Coro doesn't have any S&M news.
To be fair, they're fairly good for fakes.

d710ff7d1f.jpg

c6b6454cd5.jpg

65f6a4c390.jpg

The Japanese is really crap though. The thread on 4chan/vp/ I found these in also brought up some issues with the images, like the girl's hand in the first picture being messed up.

Kudos to the artist of the fake leaks though. That's pretty talented!

I'm assuming that we'll get the silhouettes for the starters in April or May... I'm really hoping that I'll dislike the water starter this time around since there's no way I can replace Greninja. I literally traded over a Froakie to ORAS as soon as I was able to just so I could experience him through the story line (cheating, I know). :c

Back