• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

Shiny Beldum with 5IVs -Sp. Atk at 418 eggs. I'm happy it hatched as quickly as it did, because base 10,240 egg step hunts are so slow.

IMG_1067.jpg

A friend of mine and I were both doing quite a bit of breeding today. I hatched a shiny Trapinch (yay) and shortly after that my friend hatched a shiny Vulpix o_O

I've been doing so much ally chaining for shinies. So far I've gotten:
Bounsweet
Corsola
Fomantis
Rockruff
Stufful
Feebas
Castform
Mareanie
and Pichu.

Kinda want to go for Eevee next, but Magnemite is pretty neato...

Last edited:
how come even my mother has a shiny pokemon and i still haven't gotten any shiny legit pokemon that doesn't comes from PKHeX? im shameful omg

how come even my mother has a shiny pokemon and i still haven't gotten any shiny legit pokemon that doesn't comes from PKHeX? im shameful omg

Don't worry I tried breeding which I'm still am
And the s.o.s mechanic

I still have 0 shiny

The best way to get shinies is to play the game. Keep playing. How do you think I spent 900 hours in the friend safari in X? You have to keep motivated.

Last edited:
Don't worry I tried breeding which I'm still am
And the s.o.s mechanic

I still have 0 shiny

Are you SR'ing the game after you hatch the eggs? There's a new quirk in egg generation in Sun and Moon that determines what variables the egg will have even before you collect them from the Day Care Lady. So if you save the game, collect five eggs, hatch those five eggs, then reset the game after to collect a different batch of five eggs... those new eggs will have the exact same abilities, IVs, gender, and shiny value as the ones that you just reset over.

Are you SR'ing the game after you hatch the eggs? There's a new quirk in egg generation in Sun and Moon that determines what variables the egg will have even before you collect them from the Day Care Lady. So if you save the game, collect five eggs, hatch those five eggs, then reset the game after to collect a different batch of five eggs... those new eggs will have the exact same abilities, IVs, gender, and shiny value as the ones that you just reset over.

I actually have nor being doing that I just get the egg hatch it and erased if it's not shiny
But then again I'm not playing to much moon for now
But I guess IL go try that now

Finally grinded the 3,000 FC to get a second 5-star Rare Kitchen. Now I just wait for my fortune teller tents to give me the appropriate FC buffs, then I can finally start getting all my shiny Pok?mon up to level 100.

I've been doing so much ally chaining for shinies. So far I've gotten:
Bounsweet
Corsola
Fomantis
Rockruff
Stufful
Feebas
Castform
Mareanie
and Pichu.

Kinda want to go for Eevee next, but Magnemite is pretty neato...

Do you have the Shiny Charm?

I used my Master Ball on Tapulele and accidentally saved without even knowing I had her. I actually planned to use the Master Ball on her, but I was going to SR for Fire-type Hidden Power. This one I have has Grass type Hidden Power.

I also wanted her to have a Timid nature. Mine has that nature, but still, I may never use her.

So I can't be the only one who finds it strange that Cynthia is the only recurring character in SM that didn't receive a redesign, right? We have Wally as well, but we already saw him get remade in the last games... not to mention out of all the characters that have returned, Cynthia is probably the one that warrants a makeover more than the rest of them with that black fur coat that she is wearing. Maybe they are saving her redesign for Gen 4 remakes?

So I can't be the only one who finds it strange that Cynthia is the only recurring character in SM that didn't receive a redesign, right? We have Wally as well, but we already saw him get remade in the last games... not to mention out of all the characters that have returned, Cynthia is probably the one that warrants a makeover more than the rest of them with that black fur coat that she is wearing. Maybe they are saving her redesign for Gen 4 remakes?

Or maybe they just didn't see an easy way to improve her design. With more practice, designers get better and better at their artwork until they reach a sort of "refined corridor" where they produce the highest quantity of "perfect" designs. But sometimes you just luck out and produce a "perfect" design earlier on. Cynthia looks pretty ok to me, so I'm happy she was not changed.

wOW the most amazing battle royal ever just happened. 2 of the opposing trainers were underlevelled in the mid 30s, but the 3rd had a full level 50 competitive team, starting with garchomp. The first 2 turns the person with garchomp just spammed earthquake which obviously took out 2/3 pokemon for the weaker 2 players. I had oriocrio out so I took no damage from it. From that point on we all worked together to take out his entire team. Incredible battle. Kudos to the guy with swords dance + shadow sneak duoblade at level 36! The true MVP who broke mimikyu's disguise so that I could take it out.

Trainer 3 had 5 kills but lost due to team wipe!

Last edited:
Back