• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pokémon Pokémon Legends: Arceus - Which starter did you pick?

Which starter did you pick?

• Total voters

S.J.

💙
Squirtle Squad
Bells
Island
Cyan Heart Glow Wand
Space Whale Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Space Whale Plush
S.S. Dolphin
Opalescent Crystal
Blue Rosewater Potion
White Pansy
Cool Feather
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Who did you pick? Will they make your top 6?

I have a soft spot for grass types, but I was so sure I was going to pick Cyndaquil. It's one of my favourite Pokémon! Well, I saw little Rowlet and just went with my gut. He was too cute!

As for my "main 6" that I'm using/will be using, Rowlet's spot is safe, but probably not in position 1 (probably 2). 😊🦉

I picked Rowlet too! My boys and I always try to pick a different one from each other so we can do all three so he’s mine, oldest went with Osha, and Youngest went with your fav.

I don’t think I even need to explain when you look at my profile picture/avatar. :LOL:

But yeah, I chose Rowlet. No idea what the rest of my team is going to look like yet.

Rowlet is my favorite first form starter, and Grass is my favorite type, so I had figured that I was going to be choosing it in Legends: Arceus. However, after seeing what Hisuian Decidueye, Hisuian Typhlosion, and Hisuian Samurott look like, I'm not so sure. Not really a fan of Hisuian Decidueye's design. Currently leaning toward Cyndaquil due to Hisuian Typhlosion's typing, but yeah, still unsure. I'll make a follow-up post.

i was originally going to choose oshawott because its final evolution is the least ugly of the three, but when my girlfriend said she was going to pick the same, i just went for typhlosion instead. i thought i'd at least evolve it fully, but i ended up dumping it in the pasture as quilava pretty quickly lmao. i'll probably evolve it fully at some point, but no starter i was picking would've made the cut. right now, my main pokemon are the shiny shinx (now luxio) i stumbled into, ponyta, floatzel and an eevee i'm going to evolve into vaporeon as soon as i can.

Aaah, you guys have all seen the final Hisuian evolutions! I don't know why, but I'm not looking up the Hisuian evolutions until I've evolved my starter into Decidueye (currently a level 22 Dartrix)!

Currently my position 1 Pokémon is a Buizel I caught at level 4. Again, I just thought she was really cute! 🌟

In the mainline game I picked Rowlet (he is a bundle of cute) and would have done so in this game if not for the Hisuian forms. I prefer Typhlosion's, so Cyndaquil was an easy selection because I'm not sure if they can be avoided later.

Haven't put too much thought into my team yet as I'm only a few hours in, but Typhlosion may grow on me. :p

As a Totodile line fan, I cannot in good conscious choose Cyndaquil. I can’t betray Totodile, lmao. If I had this game, I would choose Oshawott.

I'm bringing you back, Sushi, to the world of Hisui for all new adventures 🥰 Sushi is the nickname I gave to my first 5th gen starter, Oshawott, back in the days of Black/White. It's so exciting to think about what Pokemon I want to add to my team, I don't know if I want Ponyta or Hisuian Growlithe! But I know for sure that Sushi is going to be part of my main 6, from beginning to end we're partners. I could never really play a Pokemon game without my starter on my team. It just doesn't feel right imo. It's so easy becoming emotionally attached to monsters in a fantasy game, but it's a lot of fun!

Honestly I'm a big fan of this selection of starters: Cyndaquil, Rowlet and Oshawott, but I'm really fond of Oshawott and I love the idea of having a samurai otter in a feudal Japan Pokemon world. But if I ever decide to play through the game again (haven't even started my first run and I'm already excited to go a second run lol) I'd choose Cyndaquil and name him Habanero, just like my Typhlosion in Pokemon Crystal. He's such a beast 💖💖💖

I'm bringing you back, Sushi, to the world of Hisui for all new adventures 🥰 Sushi is the nickname I gave to my first 5th gen starter, Oshawott, back in the days of Black/White. It's so exciting to think about what Pokemon I want to add to my team, I don't know if I want Ponyta or Hisuian Growlithe! But I know for sure that Sushi is going to be part of my main 6, from beginning to end we're partners. I could never really play a Pokemon game without my starter on my team. It just doesn't feel right imo. It's so easy becoming emotionally attached to monsters in a fantasy game, but it's a lot of fun!

Honestly I'm a big fan of this selection of starters: Cyndaquil, Rowlet and Oshawott, but I'm really fond of Oshawott and I love the idea of having a samurai otter in a feudal Japan Pokemon world. But if I ever decide to play through the game again (haven't even started my first run and I'm already excited to go a second run lol) I'd choose Cyndaquil and name him Habanero, just like my Typhlosion in Pokemon Crystal. He's such a beast 💖💖💖

sushi's such a cute name for a oshawott :love:
i'm looking forard to play with my oshawott on legands: arceus, when i get it for my birthday :D

*i know you're on a long break, but how are you? :> *

Last edited:
I still don’t know who I will choose. First I have to find a copy of the game since I had no luck when looking today and don’t want digital. I want to choose Cyndaquil but Rowlet is adorable. Can’t I just have them both.

I still don’t know who I will choose. First I have to find a copy of the game since I had no luck when looking today and don’t want digital. I want to choose Cyndaquil but Rowlet is adorable. Can’t I just have them both.

i'm getting it for my birthday & i'm choosing oshawott cause that's what i planned before :>

maybe you can catch a cyndaquil in the wild, so you can have them both? :>

Wanted to bring back the nostaglia of Heartgold/Soulsilver, so I chose my bestie Cyndaquil. So far named them Birchbark. My second choice would be Oshawott, but I dunno what the final evoltions are.

i'm getting it for my birthday & i'm choosing oshawott cause that's what i planned before :>

maybe you can catch a cyndaquil in the wild, so you can have them both? :>

Happy early Birthday
I wasn’t sure if you could catch a cyndaquil in the wild. If I can that makes the choice so much easier.

I picked Cyndaquil! It's the first time I've ever had him as a starter. I usually only go with water types but I'm not the biggest Oshawott fan.

Back