• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokemon General(Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this "nuzlocke" everyone speaks of? A reference to the pokemon without the e?

What is this "nuzlocke" everyone speaks of? A reference to the pokemon without the e?
A Nuzlocke run is when you use the following rules to make the game more challenging:
1. You can only catch the first Pok?mon encountered in a route.
2. Pok?mon that faint must be released/dumped into a box and never used again.

It's not an official rule, but I'd say most people add the following:
--All Pokemon must be nicknamed

I like them because they often force you to use Pokemon that you would otherwise steer clear of. For example, I hated the Conkeldurr line until I got a Timburr in a Nuzlocke run of White.

Some find them to be more difficult, but level grinding takes care of any type disadvantages one might face.

Last edited:
Stolen from Reddit:

My life post-E4
NNeuLJL.png

True.

my friend wants to make a nuzlocke challenge,a type challenge. it's basically choose your favorite type, and use only your fave type,and the rest is the same as others >.<

my friend wants to make a nuzlocke challenge,a type challenge. it's basically choose your favorite type, and use only your fave type,and the rest is the same as others >.<

I've done those before, they're called monotype runs. Every Pok?mon has to have the type you choose (or gain it after evolving). Your HM slave is generally excluded from those rules. A good tip is to try get a varied amount of dual-types.

I did a Dark monotype run on White, and an all Water one on White2. Volt Absorb Lanturn was so useful.

I've done those before, they're called monotype runs. Every Pok?mon has to have the type you choose (or gain it after evolving). Your HM slave is generally excluded from those rules. A good tip is to try get a varied amount of dual-types.

I did a Dark monotype run on White, and an all Water one on White2. Volt Absorb Lanturn was so useful.

People still use HM slaves? Most hidden machines aren't even needed for story mode.

I can help you if you want

Can you do it now? Because if not I have to leave and won't be back for a few hours. D:

Edit: You're offline, and I'm back very early, so I'm going to try to see if anyone can do this sooner. If nobody can do this sooner, I'll just go with your offer when you get back online.

Edit 2: I have Alakazam now, so nevermind.

Last edited:
Anyone know of some good ways to raise friendship? I've given my Budew two massages, a Soothe Bell to hold, and it still won't evolve when I level it up. I've done at least 40 wild battles with it too.

Anyone know of some good ways to raise friendship? I've given my Budew two massages, a Soothe Bell to hold, and it still won't evolve when I level it up. I've done at least 40 wild battles with it too.

Maybe befriending power will help you. Is it still day?

Maybe befriending power will help you. Is it still day?
It's still daytime and I started using the Befriending Power. After two more levels, still no luck.

Moltres keep getting in the way of my wild battles! Wtf?!

If you have any breeding projects going on, I'd just keep it in your party as you zoom around waiting for eggs to appear/hatch.

Also, I believe using items on it raises friendship. Like vitamins and EV berries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back