• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Please Help With This Poll on Gaming! (Free Art)

sylviash

Bells
Hi everyone! I am conducting a poll on toxicity in gaming.
https://forms.gle/m3PKM2jvqB52xpvQ8

I hope you can help out! As a bonus, after filling out the poll, you can post your character in the thread and I will do quick sketches for some people picking with a random number generator. :)

IMG_20211006_220205.jpg

Interesting poll. Toxicity is common in the competitive gaming community. It exists in all forms of gaming, but it’s more common with competitive gaming.

I experienced toxicity a bit, mostly in the sports gaming community. I try to keep my gender to myself when playing sports games. I’m not actively going out and saying I’m a guy, but I won’t say I’m a girl either. During an online matchup, I had my mic on — I had forgotten to mute it — and my gender was exposed. My opponent, who was clearly a man, messaged me that I suck and should go back to the kitchen. I feel like a minority in the sports gaming community which is fine, but I’m not public about my identity when I play. This makes me hesitant to befriend anyone I play with on games. This experience was on XBOX Live, by the way.

I just made it so that nobody can send me messages on XBOX Live anymore. I feel like the messages are mainly used for trolling anyway.

I feel like forums and Discord are pretty laid back. I think the people who use forums are a different breed of people. The toxic community can be avoided, but I do think we need less toxicity in gaming. Men shouldn’t freak out when there is a female playing video games, competitively or not.

Answered the survey.
I don't really play multiplayer games with a chat. For those I stick to playing with my friends. Granted I've had fun moments in games like TF2 (like a game where everyone went Medic), but I avoid games like League like the plague

Answered the survey.
I don't really play multiplayer games with a chat. For those I stick to playing with my friends. Granted I've had fun moments in games like TF2 (like a game where everyone went Medic), but I avoid games like League like the plague
Thanks for your help! :)

Just filled it out! I've unfortunately experienced a lot of toxicity when it comes to shiny Pokémon hunting/trading online, especially when it comes to generating, duping, or cloning Pokémon. I'd love it if you could sketch my acnh rep!
2021092518441200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I just completed the survey! I think this is a great idea.
Island Rep 2.png

Here's a potential reference photo

Back