• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Place your random thoughts.

I've always thought that the mid 2010's were the new dark age of animation. With most popular cartoons falling off in the story department and sometimes having the worst finales because they pander too much to the specific shipping part of the fandom.

And, just pointless reboots anywhere. Who asked for a comedy-oriented Thundercats reboot again? Yeah, no one. Not anyone born from the 90's or early 2000's even know or cared about Thundercats as a matter of fact.

The first dark age of animation (late 50's-80's) at least produced some good cartoons though.

I’m still undecided about the switch; I’m still leaning towards the animal crossing bundle but am procrastinating at making the final decision. Also I’m a bit worried about losing stuff when transferring my data to it. Never got another switch before so Idk how easy it is.

Last edited:
yeah, my point exactly :c I gave up on the N64 service. Why can't I pay a monthly alternative? Why is a full year payment the only option?

I payed the $50 on release so my younger cousin could play ocarina of time. Only to find out there was input delay. We played through it anyways.

my mediocre laptop could have ran it better. that's an indication something is seriously wrong with the service. I try not to emulate if a legal alternative is available.. but they make it pretty tough not to consider.
If it helps, emulating is legal. Emulation programs are legal. Dumping your own bought game is legal. Buying a second hand physical copy of a game is also legal. Nintendo taking your digital copy of the game you bought away if they wanted to is even legal from what I can tell.
What isn't legal is downloading a copy of the game online for free even if that game isn't sold anywhere any more by Nintendo.
What also isn't legal is making copies of your bought game and selling or handing those copies out.

IMG_8584.jpeg

This is wonderful!!! I can’t wait for tonight, when it’ll probably go even further south :>

View attachment 559519
This is wonderful!!! I can’t wait for tonight, when it’ll probably go even further south :>
I actually came here just to comment on the northern lights.
Tonight was the first time I've seen the northern lights in person. Where I am at, it's pink. Pretty neat. I did have to stand a few minutes to watch the color intensity come to get a good look.
I guess the lights are visible so far south due to a G5 solar storm? I don't know anything about solar storms..

I actually came here just to comment on the northern lights.
Tonight was the first time I've seen the northern lights in person. Where I am at, it's pink. Pretty neat. I did have to stand a few minutes to watch the color intensity come to get a good look.
I guess the lights are visible so far south due to a G5 solar storm? I don't know anything about solar storms..
It was pink for me too! I heard Europe got pink as well. I dashed outside to the backyard, but everything looked normal. Not yet defeated, I ran to the front yard and scoured the sky until I noticed the faintest pink tint. I whipped out my phone and…
IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8615.jpeg

It did a stunning job at capturing the hidden beauty 🩷
I don’t know if there was also green or if this was just my imagination lol V
IMG_8613.jpeg

Could’ve been an aurora though! The reason for my doubts is that i went out on another night with aurora possibilities and saw something similar, dismissing it as normal ^^; I first saw an aurora in a more rural area back in like 2014. It looked like the faintest green cloud covering half the sky but I never would have known if someone hadn’t told me. If only I had this phone back then, I bet it would have been even more stunning! But I can’t complain XD I’m very blessed 💜🩷💚

Did you know? The Toadtown song in Paper Mario 64 is essentially the same song as the one from the beginning? The difference is the instruments used and the scales.
  • The Peach’s Castle version is calmer at the beginning until it gets to that rock n’ roll segment. Most of it is in C-Major, but the last part before the loop is in G-Major.
  • The Toadtown version is more upbeat throughout the song, with most of it in G-Major, but the last part before the loop is D-Major.

Im thinking a lot about Eurovision atm but I honestly stopped caring about the competition after 2017 saw Bulgaria ROBBED of their win. Idc how good Portugal was, I had a massive crush on Kristian Kostov and he deserved the win

Im still angry about all of this don't @ me

I should be sleeping right now but I’m thinking of getting up soon at least for a little bit. I want to see if we have any c chargers. 🙂

There was one cord that fit but it did not work. It was worth trying though

Last edited:
With the Eurovision finale being today, I just remembered another starstruck moment. (I might add it to my “starstruck” thread on here if I haven’t already.)
About ten years ago I found an obscure video of Odd Borre (Norway) from the 1968 Eurovision, and I was joking around about how much he looked and moved like Mo Rocca. At the time, I was a big fan of My Grandmother’s Ravioli (still listen to “Mobituaries” though) so I sent the video to Mo Rocca and said how I thought the guy looked like him. He called it “hilarious” and said he had been sick so it cheered him up. 😂😁

While Odd Borre finished twenty-something in the competition, that performance is oddly special to me lol.

Last edited:
Northern lights? What northern lights? All I remember was that I went to a special occasion, then I got tired and plopped down on my bed to sleep.

I don’t know who will be on which teams, but it would be nice if most of the former Galaxolotls (including me) could have a reunion this event, but we’ll have to go under a different name if we do.

one of my #1 desires in life is to own a gazebo.
Same here

Back