Place your random thoughts.

To be honest, I never understood why people limit who view their profile, unless they have sensitive information that they only want certain people to see.

Limiting who comments, however, is much more understandable. While most people on here are extremely kind, some of us may (and have) occasionally run into a comment coming off as slightly disrespectful.

Edit: don’t worry, I’m not trying to put anyone down who do it, just a bit confused as to why.
When I first joined I had my profile restricted to only members I follow can view it for about a year or so before unlocking it(to everyone who has a TBT account and is currently logged in can view it, guests & bots cannot view my profile) for mostly two main reasons:
1: I am an extremely shy and sensitive person with trust issues(also I'm Autistic) and I wanted to restrict who I interact with because I need to trust someone before I want to talk to them, at first I only trusted a few members and only felt comfortable around them but eventually I found out that TBT is a welcoming place for people like me and I feel comfortable around 99.99% of everyone here so I unlocked it so everyone can speak to me if they want.
2: I was in my early teens when I joined and I only felt comfortable talking to people for Animal Crossing trading reasons so people could only PM me if they wanted to talk to me about an Animal Crossing trade or something else important because visitor messages were private to prevent people from starting conversations with me, now I am in my late teens and am nearly an adult so I don't mind if people want to have conversations with me now because I am almost an adult and not a young teen anymore so I unlocked it.

Arin and Danny from Game Grumps have a music channel called Starbomb. They just make songs based on video games, usually Nintendo, but also others like Castlevania or Street Fighter. At first, I started watching it kind of ironically, but now I genuinely like the channel. No joke, the songs they make are actually super good. The one about Smash is unironically one of my favorite song adaptations of any video game. Ever. They also made one about Animal Crossing called Book of Nook, and while, again, I don’t agree with the idea of Tom Nook being a greedy loan shark, the song itself really good. There’s enough correct references for it to seem like they actually did research on the series (and also, I think they have played Animal Crossing games before). But the most surprising part is that a lot of the songs they make include rapping, like It’s Dangerous to go Alone (it’s about Zelda, obviously). And the channel started in about the mid 2010s. But even the rap songs are pretty good. That channel is actually how I found out about Game Grumps (I knew what Game Grumps is, but had no idea it was them). Besides the Kirby one, I’d say all of them are worth checking out. I can’t link any of them, because the only one that doesn’t have at least twenty swears is the one about Minecraft, which is one of the weaker ones in my opinion, but still. Really good.

A post I created may look fine to me, but to another person, it can be seen as a bit much.
I’ve been in this situation before.

Like I’ll try to be as kind as possible, yet I could still come off as rude to someone. 😣😣😣

Here’s a joke that my brother came up with:

Justin asks Brian, a lawyer, if he can help him in a court case. Brian asks Justin if he knew that Brian’s mother was disabled and only had enough retirement money to last one more year. Justin says no, he didn’t know this. Now Justin feels bad for asking him for something. Then he asks Justin if he knew Brian’s father was suicidal and was in therapy right now. Justin says no again. Then he asks if Justin knew that Brian’s brother was a war veteran with PTSD. Then he tells Justin “if I don’t care about any of them, what makes you think I care about you?”

The ultimate bait and switch.

A post I created may look fine to me, but to another person, it can be seen as a bit much. I want to maintain the good relationship I have with TBT, and the first step is to slow down and put a bit more thought into some of my posts.
Wording does matter, but definitely don’t change your way of thinking because the majority thinks otherwise. It’s good to have your own opinions even if you are alone.

I posted a few controversial things two years ago which caused a few members to hate me. Those things weren’t necessarily my opinions, but they were thoughts I had when I was disassociating because of my BPD. Part of it had to do with something personal that happened to me as well, which I had only explained to one person in attempt to apologize. The thought that I’m disliked within a small portion of the community here still lingers in my mind.

I lacked a clear self-image and disassociated, often taking on traits of other people around me. It didn't help that those around me weren’t people with respectable traits or personalities. I remember my grandma in a grocery store when I was younger and she was loudly saying very racist things including the “N” word. My young-self immediately acted like I had no idea who she was. Her behavior was embarrassing to me.

It was difficult not feeling like I was there. Like I was just detached from reality, so I thought taking on negative traits was better than not existing at all. I later became more confident in myself and stopped relying on other people to tell me who I was. Even if they weren’t directly telling me who to be, their traits were enough for me to find comfort in being someone.

Even though I’m more improved as a person now, I can’t help but feel like my reputation from two years ago will carry on. I know it’s impossible to change someone’s opinion of you and that it’s best to just move on, because like I said, this was two years ago. It’s just hard feeling like there’s a dark cloud over my profile telling people “I did/said this thing and I’m a bad person.”

Last year in History, they had us read about Pearl Harbor. My friend and I were reading about one soldier who recalled seeing his best friend’s face get blown off, just hanging off his skull, but there was nothing he could do about it. Not only does that sound disgusting to watch and painful to experience, but imagine how that would feel. Witnessing something like that happen to your best friend. I already know most soldiers have PTSD, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even sure what my privacy settings are set to on here rn, beyond my collectibles that I have viewable and I set that recently. I should look. But I have had mine locked down a couple of times even though I like to keep things open most of the time here anyway. Other places I have it as friend only.

But if you ever see me looking around and not say hi, it's to grab an image for a collectible or to look at dates to get an idea of when certain collectibles were released for line up ideas and possibilities. Though I'm finding myself looking at older collectibles alot less now due to sceneries being a thing. I'll also look for dust and eggs for events 😊.

I can understand why people may want their profile not viewable to just anyone even though there isn't photos or sensitive info. If someone was misunderstood once or their comment was taken the wrong way, they will probably have it happen again in the future. And everyone runs into this problem at some point online. The internet is a huge place. Too many variables to control or "fix" that to eliminate that. Maybe you can decrease it if it's the same group of people that is interacted with and those people are willing to be more open, but I feel that's about it. Last thing anyone wants is something like that migrating to the profile page (like if various people are involved) or just that negativity being fed because of the unwavering perspective or hang up of another person and them looming over profile posts/comments instead of finding something else to do. Privacy settings is a way to make healthy space, as well as taking breaks from the internet. How I see it anyway.

I definitely should have put my last post in this thread in a spoiler in the first place.

Both Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday are today. Since I live in a more Catholic country I see more celebration of Ash Wednesday more.

every time I see @/ShinyDungeoneer's hoppip avatar I keep thinking it's actually @/Alolan_Apples lol

also decided to return from my hiatus. I miss talkin to yall haha. can't guarantee I'll be very active since I've been busy lately getting life stuff sorted out and prepping for my trip (almost a week away yay!!), but I'll see what I can do 😌

speaking of my trip, I ordered the new passenger side brake light housing for my car, the last thing I need to have done before I leave (besides getting my oil changed ofc), and it said that it may arrive by the 21st. bruh I literally leave on the 22nd skdjfhksd thankfully it's a pretty quick and easy installation. it'll be nice, I've been missing my right brake light for a few years now oopsie 🤭

Wrote a bit of my romance novel today...still stuck on chapter one. But so far I love the direction it's going tee hee. ❤️

I also watched some romance-centered episodes of things and read six chapters of a romance novel I'm currently reading.
and played ACNH this morning.
Even though, this is pretty much every day with me.

Even though I don’t have a Valentine, this is still one of the few occasions you actually see wholesome behavior at my school.

What school do YOU go to? my school is toxic no matter what the day is (even today)
My school is in Connecticut. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it. Also, a lot of people at my school are more annoying than toxic (despite the fact that half of them are teenagers. They tend to not act their age).

Last edited:
I don't remember my school being that bad, but then again I was a lot more oblivious to things back then...

I think it has to do with the fact that I'm in high school, and the kids that graduated middle school with me are very... um... well... (they like inappropriate things, let's leave it at that)

I think it has to do with the fact that I'm in high school, and the kids that graduated middle school with me are very... um... well... (they like inappropriate things, let's leave it at that)
Actually, in my school, it tends to be my “fellow” high schoolers that are the worst. Which is weird since some of them, like seniors, are entering adulthood.

Nowadays, I cannot hear Little Lies by Fleetwood Mac without thinking about Todd Howard or Bethesda.

"Sixteen times the detail."

Back