Place your random thoughts.

The storytelling in Mario & Luigi games is already good, but I have to give a special mention to the first three. Even after Cackletta dies in Superstar Saga, Fawful continues to work in the shadows. In Partners in Time, he can mention his plans to Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. In Bowser’s Inside Story, he’s the person behind absolutely everything in the game. It’s really good character development, even if he ends up finally dying at the end.

Also, here’s some fridge brilliance. Time travel can bring up a lot of plot holes, fridge logic, and in general, small and trivial things that were overlooked due to being unimportant. Case in point: Fawful can tell the babies about what he’s been planning during the events of Partners in Time, but only them, since they’re the only ones capable of accessing his shop. Now think about it. If Mario and Luigi’s past selves are learning this information, shouldn’t the current Mario and Luigi automatically be updated with this information? It seems like it, but actually, no. Think about it even more. These are babies we’re talking about. In the present, when Mario and Luigi are adults, they’ll have no recollection of most of what they’ve heard as babies. There’s also the fact that to Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, who’ve never met Fawful before, this is just some random stranger, so it makes a lot of sense why they wouldn’t care to remember this. It also explains why they wouldn’t tell present Mario and Luigi, because it’s not something that seems important to them.

I was discussing on Discord on why something like the Holocaust can’t be repeated here in America. Despite all of the hate groups, the rising threat of extremism, and the intense polarization in the United States, it would be impossible for something like that to happen in America. Even if they were able to repeat it, it would be very difficult to do so, let alone, reach the same level Hitler and his Nazis did it. We got the internet, social media, the constitution, the amendments, the courts, the bureaucracies, and the United Nations. All of these would foil any attempt to repeat it here in America. Plus, with all these museums, books, history lessons, and diversity lessons, almost nobody would even want to repeat it. So if anyone is worried about something like this going to happen, we don’t have to worry about it.
I have to disagree considering USA's history, how groups are already threatened with proposed horrible acts to be done, and how the recent plague was dealt with. This isn't even accounting for AI and selective breeding or genetically engineered humans. It would play out differently, or have a different flavor but the core would be very similar.

I don’t like Harpy Eagles as much as I used to after learning that they eat sloths. (Sloths are one of my favorite animals.) I went to an eagle presentation recently where the speakers were showing and talking about different species of eagles. I thought the Harpy Eagle was cute…until that fact! But I suppose they need to eat, too.
Golden Eagles somehow eat mountain goats?? I’m more shocked than disgusted for some reason….

In Wild World, New Leaf, and City Folk (haven’t played it but I assume it’s the same), the Fishing Tourneys and Bug-Offs are fun at first, but they quickly become really boring. The only incentive I really had to participate was getting every type of trophy (and in Wild World, there’s only one type of trophy, making it seem even more pointless). The Fishing Tourney is more guilty of this because it happens 8 times a year. I could try to get all of the furniture, but it doesn’t interest me that much. I wish there were more reason for me to want to participate in them.

Also, and this is just my personal take, but the lanterns on the site banner would look better if they were smaller and hanging from the tree on the site banner. It would definitely look better imo, rather than having them strewn across the banner itself and obscuring the text at the top.
yeah, I don’t know why, but it’s been driving me crazy that they are hanging in front of the logo. It’s sort of feels like they’re in the way. 😅

Last edited:
So once again, I had another night that I was awake at 3 AM. But not like always, I fell asleep before midnight last night and didn’t wake up until very late within 2 AM. Basically, I completely missed the 1 AM hour.

Is it because I’m spending the night at a hotel, or are my sleeping habits improving?

In other news, I’m using the new celebrate react to all the birthday wishes I receive. I’m not sure if that’s the best way to respond, but I want to show that I accepted their birthday wishes.

Last edited:
Is it because I’m spending the night at a hotel
For a more relaxing hotel sleeping experience, perhaps turn on UV light in the hotel room. 💡😀 Nothing like a warm, subtle purple glow in a random hotel room to softly lull you to some sweet dreams. Ahhh.... 🙏😊💤

I just remembered that I have a Photobucket account that has all of my old City Folk screenshots on.

R.I.P 😔

At least there's some on my dead Tumblr account. Here's two of them.
tumblr_p35wkx4BSh1rz7gt1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nrl6eeFfAO1rz7gt1o1_400.jpg

I'm sorry, one more with Sally in it. This one made me laugh, she's so brutal.

tumblr_nlxh4kcB3a1rz7gt1o1_640.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest, I never understood why people limit who view their profile, unless they have sensitive information that they only want certain people to see.

Limiting who comments, however, is much more understandable. While most people on here are extremely kind, some of us may (and have) occasionally run into a comment coming off as slightly disrespectful.

Edit: don’t worry, I’m not trying to put anyone down who do it, just a bit confused as to why.

Last edited:
I was having another stupid debate with my friends yesterday. This time, it was about who would win, Kirby or Doom Slayer. Obviously, being the Kirby theologian I am, I already know that Kirby has more abilities than just inhaling. Like, if Doom Slayer hit Kirby with an attack, he’d lose some health, but he’d also be invincible for 120-150 frames. And also, contrary to popular belief, Kirby has only rarely fought gods. The only god he’s fought is Void Termina, and it’s never even been confirmed if he’s a god (but they might be the same species? Kirby lore after Planer Robobot gets 10x more complicated). So maybe Doom Slayer would win. But even if that did happen, Kirby would just respawn because he collected lives. And keep respawning and respawning, and he has things like the Miracle Fruit in his arsenal that lets him basically become a Hypernova. Doom Slayer may have killed trillions of demons, but I have to give this to Kirby. Kirby’s defeated a person wearing a crown that grants limitless power. And in Kirby Planet Robobot, it even says Kirby has limitless power. It’s still been debated what exactly that means, but still. Kirby wins.

To be honest, I never understood why people limit who view their profile, unless they have sensitive information that they only want certain people to see.

Limiting who comments, however, is much more understandable. While most people on here are extremely kind, some of us may (and have) occasionally run into a comment coming off as slightly disrespectful.

Edit: don’t worry, I’m not trying to put anyone down who do it, just a bit confused as to why.
My profile is limited currently. It's more of a personal reason I can't go into detail on since I don't want to risk an infraction.

I've recently been thinking about just switching to who can comment on my profile since nothing in there is highly personal, at least not as of this post. That probably won't be for a while, but it's something I'm considering.

The worst South Park character has to be PC Principal. Episodes featuring him are the least funny to me. To think that there are people who are actually like that...and like Wendy, too lol to each their own, I suppose 😬 oh and Butters' parents, too. They're awful!

I think Ike is adorable, though. You can't tell me he doesn't look like a Mudkip 💖

games with gacha mechanics are very unpredictable. Yesterday I decided to do a 10 pull on Cookie Run: Kingdom, and I got the guaranteed epic cutscene. I only got one epic though, so I waited to see who I got. Then outta nowhere, the cookie cutout changes to purple with yellow accents, indicating the Super Epic (the only rarer cookies are Dragon and Ancient) rarity. Then in the 2x super epic+ anniversary banner, I got an Ancient and a Legendary cookie in the same draw (i now have all 4 legends).

TL;DR: gacha = unpredictable.

I love how I was trying to see if the Akinator to guess Sasha, he went from asking if he was kind, to a rabbit, to green, to is your character happy, to is your character from a video game...

Then guesses that it's that Rabbit from Poppy Playtime. Yeah, defently Sasha. 🐰🐰

I feel like i ran a marathon. I ran from one end of my campus to the other then back, then ran to my bus.

TL;DR: never forget your lunchbox in your 7th hour if its far away from your 8th hour

I like shoveling snow. The only part I don’t like is how I can’t feel my fingers afterwards. Their flesh literally feels solid right now.

My profile is limited currently. It's more of a personal reason I can't go into detail on since I don't want to risk an infraction.

I've recently been thinking about just switching to who can comment on my profile since nothing in there is highly personal, at least not as of this post. That probably won't be for a while, but it's something I'm considering.
Ah I see. I understand. ^^

I personally leave my profile details and comments public, as doing so for whatever reason makes me feel more confident about myself and helps others to get to know me more. Seeing that others take the short amount of time to show they care makes me very happy as well.

Everyone's different with how they want to put themselves out there. My big thing is that I don't feel comfortable showing my face on an internet forum, nor do I feel comfortable seeing others'. I'm not going to hide the fact that I've previously posted videos from my YouTube channel here, and a few of the older videos clearly display what I look and sound like. Granted, these are videos posted well over four years ago, but I pretty much look the same today otherwise, except being chubbier from poor diets.

I know this doesn't have much to do with your situation, but I totally get why some would privatize their profile comments. In my opinion, they should be set to private by default for newly-registered members so that those users don't freak out when random people decide to post. Not everyone wants to join a forum to immediately put themselves out there. For some, like me, slowly building your way toward becoming more comfortable with the other users is the best way to become a good communicator. I didn't start browsing the Café more often until I became more comfortable communicating with the regular posters in other threads, as I didn't want to share a ton of things that others wouldn't particularly like. Now, I feel a bit too comfortable. I've gone a bit too far with my posting habits as of late, and I'll need to take a few steps back as I need to realize that my wording of things matter. A post I created may look fine to me, but to another person, it can be seen as a bit much. I want to maintain the good relationship I have with TBT, and the first step is to slow down and put a bit more thought into some of my posts.

Back