Pink Tulips.

Giggles

Bells
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I just can't seem to grow these with pink x pink?

I have a bed for growing hybrids. It's in a checker board pattern, with 4 of each I want to grow in a big diamond (atm purple pansies, orange cosmos, purple tulips and pink tulips). Diagonally through the middle, I have a Jacob's ladder, a fertiliser and then another Jacob's ladder. It's been working really well for me, I get 3-5 hybrids a day, from the other flowers though. I've not seen a pink tulip. I've gotten blacks and reds up there in the pink tulip corner, but no pinks.

Are pink tulips unable or unlikely to breed from pink x pink? Is there another better combo for pinks? Static really needs some more pink tulips around his house, the other pink flowers aren't quite bright enough! :D

I think it might just be a coincidence. I'm pretty sure pink x pink = pink.

it suppose to be the best combination for getting more. It seems that there are certain hybrids that don't do well in certain towns. In Haven I can't get purple tulips to grow - no matter how many orange I put together. I got one and the rest have been orange and black. I put them in Maushole and they're blooming like crazy.

it suppose to be the best combination for getting more. It seems that there are certain hybrids that don't do well in certain towns. In Haven I can't get purple tulips to grow - no matter how many orange I put together. I got one and the rest have been orange and black. I put them in Maushole and they're blooming like crazy.

Oh really? I also had a ton of trouble getting purple tulips initially (got a TON of orange and blacks like you), but now that I have them they grow so fast. And I'm pretty much drowning in pink roses.... cruel, because I don't even like roses or pale pink.

Maybe I ought to just buy or trade some, then!

I have the same problem with pink tulips. If I don't fertilize them every day I don't get squat and even then sometimes I still don't get any. My town breeds orange roses very well. And orange tulips. I usually have to fertilize though. Watering usually spits out regulars for most other things. :/ my cycling town does fine with just watering though. Get a million pink roses in that town.

I think the point about growing certain flowers in certain towns must be true. I have an area where I'm growing pink roses, and an area where I'm growing black ones. The black ones sprout like crazy but the pink area has given me like, two new flowers in about a month's time >:I I have the same fertilizing and watering routine for both of em. I don't get it.

Back