• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Physical or Digital?

Physical or Digital?

• Physical

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • Digital

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters
Both! My fiancee and I pre-ordered a second Switch (the Pokemon bundle) because AC was announced and neither of us want to share a town together. x'D The new Switch will have all digital games. <3

I will probably (definitely) get Digital. I used to be a physical only kind of girl but moving into an apartment with limited space has taught me that digital just fits better for my lifestyle. It's also fun to turn on the switch and have all my games ready to go without me having to get up and change the cartridge. Because I'm all about that lazy life.

Physical. I still prefer physical copies of games. I only buy digital if that's the only way to get it, or if it's a good price. Nintendo games are almost never good prices digital.

I agree with DJStarstryker, I’m going to buy it physically if I can (an example is the phoniex Wright soj game....only way to get is is through digital)

Probably digital. I've had a digital copy of New Leaf ever since the American release back in 2013 and have had no issues.
I wouldn't rule out buying a physical copy though. I will probably be going to Japan next year like Warrior, and if the game is already out in Japan, I'd probably pick up a copy there, although I might not do that as I wouldn't be able to understand the text in the game...

Physical all the way because of two huge and important reasons:

1. Storage on Nintendo Switch is limited and Animal Crossing is probably going to be among the larger games from Nintendo.
2. But most importantly, as a fan of the game I just got to have the physical cover for collection purposes :)

Last edited:
Definitely physical. I've never really enjoyed having games digitally unless that's my only option. (Looking at you especially, Okami HD. Didn't feel like importing it.) It is nice not having to switch cartridges out, but it doesn't bother me that much, considering I keep all of them in my switch's carrying case anyways. I like having the box with the nice art and being able to put it on a shelf. Getting the game at midnight would be awesome too, but that'd probably require me having to time travel to do stuff, wouldn't it? I'd like to not time travel as soon as I get my hands on it.

I'm fearing that the inevitable bundle is gonna be super cool and I'm gonna wanna part with my launch day switch to get one, but I doubt I'll actually end up doing that, since it seems like a bit of a hassle for what's probably just going to be different joycons and a dock design. I do hate how system bundles always have a download code instead of the physical game these days as well. Unfortunately while I have owned three different 3dses throughout it's life, I really don't see myself doing that with the Switch because it's.. really less realistically affordable right now, and at least every 3ds I had was a different model. I'll just have to deal with being jealous of everyone who does get an Animal Crossing edition. Lol.

Also, I don't know the likelihood of it, but I'd definitely get a pre-order that came with any sort of extra bonus or goodies.

I buy nearly every game digital. I don't have to search for the game neither can I lose it so yeah i will go with the digital animal crossing version <3 I play so many diffrrent games... it's annoying as hell to switch them all the time.

Last edited:
Physical copies of games are my preference, so that's what I'm hoping for. However, if there's any good game to get digitally, it would be a game that I'll be playing daily, likely for years...like Animal Crossing. So if I have any trouble finding a physical copy on release day, I'll probably go ahead and get it digitally. Most other games, I'd wait for physical... But with Animal Crossing, I wouldn't want to wait. :p

Physical, unless a special edition switch is released with a digital version, in which case I'd get that and another physical copy sometime down the road

i usually go for physical but i'm pretty sure switch cartridges don't save data on them, everything is on the console, so it's not like that would affect my choice. it's really handy to just be able to have all your games on the console but it's nice to have a physical copy and i'm always worried about space even though i have a bunch of memory left on my switch.

also why do so many of you think you'll need multiple copies of the game for multiple towns? you can already have several accounts with different saves on the switch and that will still be a thing for animal crossing switch, so there's no need for many copies... besides, because of how switch cartridges don't save data i'm not sure how you think it would even work...?

Physical. Always. While digital has many benefits, it just can't beat the feeling of physically owning something instead of knowing it's just data on a storage device on an account that you could potentially lose control of.

Will buy the bundle so I'll have it in digital !

Back