• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Perfect Fruit

LittleMissSpooky

Bells
Kind of a rant but not really, but is anyone else irked by the way "perfect" fruit looks in comparison to the regular version? Like Perfect oranges don't really look like oranges to me. The perfect cherry looks like Ranier cherry where as the regular version looks like a Bing cherry.

Perfect Apples are the only fruit that looks super nice (imo). Like why didn't Nintendo just gloss the other fruits and make them look shiny and sparkly like they did the apple.

Hey now don't be hating on the hunchbacked oranges ;w;

Really though it actually kinda doesn't bug me. I actually think perfect cherries are sorta cute. I like perfect pears in the autumn. Perfect peaches just look like little golden butts~ Oranges grow a camel hump and apples look so shiny that Snow White gets poisoned on sight!

Jokes aside, I can see why it would bother people, but to me it's never been that huge of a deal~ always funny to watch my villagers eat little gold butts though

The perfect pears do look amazing in the fall. It's a shame you can't grow non-native perfect fruit, I'd love to have a fall orchard of pears and apples :/

Yeah, I only really like the look of perfect cherries and apples. Everything else just looks weird. I love peaches, but I'd rather the normal peaches compared to perfect peaches if it weren't for their worth. It looks weird and so do pears. I really wanted apples but I have cherries as my native fruit. It's such a shame that I can't grow other perfect fruits.

I'd have to agree that all the fruit look better in their non-perfect forms except for the apples. The apples are the only ones that actually look bad in their regular forms in my opinion. What's with the weird brown bottom? My new town has apples and I'm actually quite happy with that because I can have the better version of each fruit.

I wish my fruit was cherries, I think the perfect cherries look adorable.

And yes, the oranges look f-ed up. lolol

Eh, it doesn't really bother me. I do agree with you that the oranges are pretty weird looking though.

That's because they're not oranges- they're tangelos! Tasty, tasty tangelos. They're like a cross between tangerines and grapefruit, if I remember right. They're super juicy!

I really like the perfect oranges because I like oranges the best and they are the only one that actually change their shape a bit. I like the little bump at the top of the perfect oranges. The perfect fruit I like the least is the perfect apples. I don't like the way they are colored. They look too dark and I think they should look bright and shiny like most of the other fruits. As for my fruit in my town I have the peaches. Never been a huge fan of peaches in general but the perfect peaches look like they are golden which is really nice.

Yeah the perfect oranges are a little weird. But irl if you get an orange that is too ripe don't they get a little bump on top?

I don't really care to grow perfect fruit in my town, since I have peaches and perfect peaches are just golden peaches...? which makes no sense really. there's no reason they would be gold...
also can I just say that I surprised that you know about different types of cherries? I didn't even know there were so many varieties of cherries..hah

Perfect cherries are easily my favorite, both in the game and in real life. If you've never had rainer cherries you should give them a try, mmmm.

I have perfect oranges in my town and I really hate them, to be honest... oranges are my least favorite fruit IRL and they're my least favorite perfect fruit in the game. Cherries and peaches are my favorite native fruits, but I compromised with the oranges because the rest of the town was perfect.

Sure, it's not as perfect anymore due to PWP restrictions, but I'm still keeping it. :p

I like the idea of making all of them more sparkly, honestly. The only ones I'm really happy with are the apples and peaches (the fact that they're golden is really cool to me!), and one of the main reasons I started my town was so that I could get perfect apples, since I had perfect oranges before.

Back