• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Opinions on my Ice-themed room?

Nayab

Attack Eyebrows
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
It took some time and planning, but I think I'm satisfied with my Ice-themed bedroom. Of course, the main items are the Ice Series of furniture from Snowmam. I accented them with most of the Alpine series (beige wood-grain, and Snow Shirt used as cloth). Finally, I used a couple Modern Tables, a Polka-Dot TV, and a Piggy Bank, all customized with Sapphire Ore, which I feel looks pretty icy in the right context. So, I was hoping to get some thoughts on my newly refurnished room!

My bedroom!
HNI_0010.JPG
My walk-in closet!
HNI_0011.JPG
The sofa in my bedroom to watch TV on!
HNI_0012.JPG
My little study area!
HNI_0013.JPG
A little area of the room for showing off knickknacks!
HNI_0015.JPG

Last edited:
It's just my opinion but I would take some of the things away from the walls so that there isn't so much stuff lining them. It looks kind of crowded to me. I'm not sure what the red suit is called... the one with the helmet? I don't play the game. However, I think it stands out too much.

On a good note I really like the beige alpine furniture with the ice set. The santa outfit is very adorable as well and I like the concept of the island in the center of the room.

<3

it doesnt look like an ice room imo. maybe take the costumes away and the plant? and your room looks kinda cluttered.

I think you need more ice and less wood for it to be an "ice room," but you're getting there. The only other thing that bothers me is that it's very cluttered.

Well done! I really like the alpine custom set - though I agree with Belle, it does give a little too much wood. I would probably get rid of the kitchen cart, also the alpine square thing on the wall just as it doesn't seem to match anything. But I think it looks great! And heck, so long as you're happy with it who am I to say :)

Thanks a lot for the input folks! I suppose "ice room" was too specific a theme. It's more "winter" I guess. I like the wood as accents, otherwise it gets very white-blue. What some people think of as cluttered, I think of as busy, and I like busy rooms with a lot going on and minimal negative space. The Animal Crossing rooms are quite huge at 8x8 squares, and I like to use furniture as makeshift walls to split them up. I understand what Akane said about the Varia Suit not fitting, but I just wear that outfit often and keep outfits on my current "rotation" on the mannequins (I change my outfit pretty much every day I play, and cycle through them).

I plan on replacing the plant and juicy-apple clock with the Snow Bunny and Small Igloo once I get them from Snowtyke.

I appreciate everyone's input :)

I don't think it looks cluttered! Like it's supposed to be your mayor's room that just happens to have the ice furniture as the main series, right? It looks very nice and cozy :> very personal to you which is what counts!

Back