Open Forum, Open Discussion

*****ums said:
Justin125 said:
Fanghorn said:
Justin125 said:
Here's an idea:

DEMOTE ALL of the sages and staff and start everything fresh.
I say we keep the two Admins.

But other then that, yeah.
Yeah, I forgot to add that in.

And get rid off all other special ranks.
But why? Most of them have worked very hard to get to the Sage rank. So you just take it away?

:huh:
They are being selfish if they get mad for doing that. :wintergyroid:

*****ums said:
I'm completely lost in this whole conversation.. :wacko:
The whole thread is summed up in this =o

Some people want the staff to be:

Someone who is boring, yet not boring. Serious and joking at the same time. Liked in every way possible. Be a leader, but don't be a leader. PM every member every day and talk to them as much as possible. The job of a staff member is to do all of the work and be as perky as possible. It's not the member's jobs to talk to the staff, the staff have to talk to them even when they are ignored. The staff have experience and know what's best, but all of that can be thrown out the window. Never remote someone, even if they deserve it and are good for the job.

And apparently someone can saying something they think is witty and they are automatically right.

*****ums said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Minoranza said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
This is what I got out of this thread. Some people want the staff to be:

Someone who is boring, yet not boring. Serious and joking at the same time. Liked in every way possible. Be a leader, but don't be a leader. PM every member every day and talk to them as much as possible. The job of a staff member is to do all of the work and be as perky as possible. It's not the member's jobs to talk to the staff, the staff have to talk to them even when they are ignored.
Read between the lines then.
Fancy sayings aren't going to get you anywhere. A lot of people might automatically agree with something like what you just said, even though it doesn't make any sense and has no meaning.
We can't all like each other. =\
Sad, but very true.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Minoranza said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:

Someone who is boring, yet not boring. Serious and joking at the same time. Liked in every way possible. Be a leader, but don't be a leader. PM every member every day and talk to them as much as possible. The job of a staff member is to do all of the work and be as perky as possible. It's not the member's jobs to talk to the staff, the staff have to talk to them even when they are ignored.
Fancy sayings aren't going to get you anywhere. A lot of people might automatically agree with something like what you just said, even though it doesn't make any sense and has no meaning.
It has a lot of meaning Storm.

Storm, take a look at my multiple pages of my warn log. Some, if not most, of the de warns and warns are from staff errors.

All of the de-warns are staff errors (besides the bad warns). I don't want to be rewarded for being good, I want to be expected to be good.

How am I going to feel respected at all when the staff is giving me a lollipops when I open my mouth wide when he asks me too?

You know, if the staff on here weren't so nice and friendly, this wouldn't be going on right now.

Most sites would just ban the lot of us for arguing and flaming like this. Especially the NOAs.

Minoranza said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Minoranza said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:

Storm, take a look at my multiple pages of my warn log. Some, if not most, of the de warns and warns are from staff errors.

All of the de-warns are staff errors (besides the bad warns). I don't want to be rewarded for being good, I want to be expected to be good.

How am I going to feel respected at all when the staff is giving me a lollipops when I open my mouth wide when he asks me too?
None of your warns are errors. If you want to talk to me about a certain one... PM me.

Edit: I found one error out of your.... many warns.

Zelandonia said:
You know, if the staff on here weren't so nice and friendly, this wouldn't be going on right now.

Most sites would just ban the lot of us for arguing and flaming like this. Especially the NOAs.
No, they wouldn't. I have participated in many threads like this on other forums including NSider.

Your message is important, but how you say it can be the difference.

Serious and joking at the same time.

Monotone? No thanks.

Liked in every way possible.

That's almost impossible.

PM every member every day and talk to them as much as possible.

That's a load of BS.

The job of a staff member is to do all of the work and be as perky as possible.

That's pretty hard to do.

It's not the member's jobs to talk to the staff, the staff have to talk to them even when they are ignored.

A load of BS as well.

The staff have experience and know what's best, but all of that can be thrown out the window.

That is true.

And apparently someone can saying something they think is witty and they are automatically right.

I hate people like that.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Minoranza said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Minoranza said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:

None of your warns are errors. If you want to talk to me about a certain one... PM me.

Edit: I found one error out of your.... many warns.
The ones where I did something that the staff thought was hackish.

UltraByte said:

Monotone? No thanks.

That's a load of BS.

It's not the member's jobs to talk to the staff, the staff have to talk to them even when they are ignored.

A load of BS as well.

The staff have experience and know what's best, but all of that can be thrown out the window.

That is true.

I hate people like that.
That's my point =0

By the way, did you miss the "throw it all out the window" in that one?

Zelandonia said:

Ehh. Well, I guess most of them might ban. Didn't this start out as a chat about HoF and the Sages. They wouldn't ban us for that. But I guess for this. Look at what it's turned into. This is just rediculous. This is just over the moods of Admins?? -.-

Minoranza said:
Zelandonia said:

No, they wouldn't. I have participated in many threads like this on other forums including NSider.

Your message is important, but how you say it can be the difference.
I didn't say it was the difference. I'm just posting my thoughts. I have no position on this. No matter what decision happens, there are still going to be many people mad and some that will leave.

NOW HOLD ON ONE MINUTE HERE!

Everyone wants different things at different times. you need to be a little of everything not just serious, but not all fun, not all of anything really you need to be impartial.

The staff can try to act different ways, but you cannot change who they are. Who I am. I try my best to show compassion. I try to see different sides of things. But I learned something today. I am the same person I was as when I was a 5 yr. old, at least in general I am.

The fact that you are all here and still chatting having fun and exchanging ideas has to be proof that those of us on staff are doing something right. Everyone has problems, things that others want to change, things that eve they want to change about themselves, but it isn't always possible. We are going through a little difficulty with some things now but we are working through it. I am certain things will only get better here. :gyroidwink:

*****ums said:
Zelandonia said:

Ehh. Well, I guess most of them might ban. Didn't this start out as a chat about HoF and the Sages. They wouldn't ban us for that. But I guess for this. Look at what it's turned into. This is just rediculous. This is just over the moods of Admins?? -.-
No, it started out as a rant about the staff.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
UltraByte said:

Monotone? No thanks.

That's a load of BS.

A load of BS as well.

That is true.

I hate people like that.
That's my point =0

By the way, did you miss the "throw it all out the window" in that one?
Yeah. I hate how some people do something amazing that changes everything, but someone does something stupid and everyone focuses on them.

Just like the media. :\

SPORGE27 said:
NOW HOLD ON ONE MINUTE HERE!

Everyone wants different things at different times. you need to be a little of everything not just serious, but not all fun, not all of anything really you need to be impartial.

The staff can try to act different ways, but you cannot change who they are. Who I am. I try my best to show compassion. I try to see different sides of things. But I learned something today. I am the same person I was as when I was a 5 yr. old, at least in general I am.

The fact that you are all here and still chatting having fun and exchanging ideas has to be proof that those of us on staff are doing something right. Everyone has problems, things that others want to change, things that eve they want to change about themselves, but it isn't always possible. We are going through a little difficulty with some things now but we are working through it. I am certain things will only get better here. :gyroidwink:
It is true staff are doing some things right but is it enough?

Sometimes examples are made when normally they aren't allowed.

This thread could be an example of that the Staff are open for ideas. But according to some of the staff's replies it isn't. But then why is this thread still here?

Minoranza said:
*****ums said:
Zelandonia said:

Hmm.. Must of not read some pages then. xD

*****ums said:
Minoranza said:
*****ums said:
Zelandonia said:

Hmm.. Must of not read some pages then. xD
The first post might have helped.

Back